If you're looking for the list of Needs for the Chiefs

Re-watch the Miami game. Daboll's preparation/signal calling was downright killer. Usage of RBs / FBs in the passing game is something I haven't seen since the Richardson/Holmes days.

a) our entire secondary got owned by a medicore corner in warm weather. Weakest moments = domination of McGraw, Piscatelli, Donald Washignton, and even Brandon Flowers on Clay.
    b) Cassel scrambled too much when the game was competitive. The defensive sacks helped gain momentum for Miami. Remember, the Chiefs were on a 4 game win streak. Miami ruined the momentum from that game.
    c) Perhaps it was the lack of recovery from the MNF game but Kendrick Lewis couldn't tackle Reggie Bush after a first hit. I understand FS's not being able to take down Brandon Jacobs. But Bush is no power back.

NOTE : I am curious to see if Dexter McCluster and Tony Moeaki will be used in similar roles as Bess and Clay. Daboll has a New England mentality of making uncharacteristic positions into high-light makers on the offense. On top of that I don't think Miami was that talented on offense.

that's exactly what i said when we knew we were looking for a new OC and i brought up DaBoll.

look what he did with the crap that Miami had. i think we have far better talent at every skill position on offense, aside from #1 WR (where i'd rather have B. Marshal than Bowe), but it's not that big of a drop-off between those two.

that's why as soon as we signed him as the OC, i have us pegged, without any changes to our roster, as the pick to win the AFCW, and still do, no matter who Denver just signed.
    Bowe, Breaston, Baldwin, Moeaki/Boss, Charles, Hillis, McCluster, and Cassel... and finally someone who will be allowed and able to put these guys in position to make some plays.
    Last edited by IHT; 04-01-2012 at 10:33 PM.

Daboll is a bit anti-3WR but backs in his offense have avged 5.0+ ypc since his promotion. Excited to see what he does with an arsenal of Baldwin, Bowe, and Breason. Have a feeling he'll want to draft a speedy slot WR as insurance if any of them go down.

One last note before I leave for awhile.

Obviously I watched a lot of Daboll at Miami (specially Matt Moore). I watched a lot of Matt Cassel from 2010-2011. Watched a lot of 2011. Watched a lot of tape on Ryan Tannehill.

2011 - The year that changed everything
    - Haley and/or Muir changed the playbook. Teams began to trap/double team Bowe. Cassel's highlights came from pre-snap reads that lead to him throwing to his first read after the snap. New system was similar to Arizona's. Cassel was being asked/forced to try to read 3 targets and throw away.
    - A problem from Late 2010 and 2009 re-occured. Cassel was letting balls go high when coverage was tighter than he preferred. Safeties owned this. Endzone plays were also down. He had a hard time w/ his timing when throwing to 2nd reads.
    - Similar to Brady, Cassel would call his drop to the line in the huddle. Teams began to rush less and spy / blur / delay more. Outside Rush would primarily try to get deeper and cut in.
    - Cassel's 3rd reads weren't being trusted or simply read. The infamous shouting match between Haley and Cassel was during the vikings game on 3rd and Goal and Cassel threw away a broken screen. Had he read right - where McCluster was open in a wheel route. On multiple sacks McClain was also open for a drop off.
    - To counter the blurred coverage, Cassel ran a few bootleg plays. He didn't want to force things with Breaston . By Indianapolis Haley was running more of Weis's plays. Cassel was going to his first read. Offense became a bit more QB friendly.

2011 Miami - Matt Moore/Brian Daboll

- Daboll had an entirely different scheme set up for Moore/Henne than Colt McCoy.
    - Quick Read was used for Pre-Snap Height Mis-Matches in Single Coverage (ie Marshall on a Flowers scenario)
    - On plays that needed 2+ reads QB would fake a shotgun handoff and begin read while faking. Man = Read 1, double move. Read two Deep or Curl. Zone = QB would read off the Safeties Bite. Bite Inside would go Deep. No Bite = Sideline Curl or Drag pending on the placement of the safety. 3rd Read H-Back.

Tannehill

- It might not happen because the Chiefs have fewer chips than the Browns or Dolphins. But Tannehill would be a perfect fit in the DaBoll offense. Tannehill, IMO, is a Jay Cutler clone. Perhaps playing WR helped, but his footwork is incredible for a rookie. His backfoot gets great placement for every read. He's also extremely accurate for a QB in a fast roll-out / bootleg. His scrambling/athleticism should be seen as secondary.

- He's much quicker to his 2nd read than anyone on the Chiefs roster. Is also cool in the pocket. Didn't burn out last season when his WRs started to play sloppy and coaching staff seemed to be having issues. Sort of has an Eli Manning leadership quality. Like Eli/Cutler he will probably post pretty high numbers - especially in the redzone - but his throwing style will struggle against solid safeties. Seasons with 3-2 TD to INT ratio could be the norm. But he's the type of QB that can win a playoff game and maybe - with the right pieces - even a Super Bowl.