Thread: at 24....

at 24....

who do you take if they are on the board....

Barron
    Kuechly
    Jonathan Martin
    Hightower
    Upshaw
    Glenn
    Reiff
    Poe
    Gilmore
    The Leafies are Scumbags.

Kuechly...in a heartbeat. Poe is a workout wonder who did very little against a weak conference. Martin is a finesse LT. Hightower is inferior to Kuechly in almost every aspect.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Joseph Palmi: Let me ask you something... we Italians, we got our families, and we got the church; the Irish, they have the homeland, Jews their tradition; even the niggers, they got their music. What about you people, Mr. Wilson, what do you have?

Edward Wilson: The United States of America. The rest of you are just visiting.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    -George Orwell

Absolutely The Keek. Best player of that group and it isn't really that close.
    "I'm like a hungry piranha with a capybara on it's period in the water..."

- westcoast

Man that's a tough one between Kuechly, Reiff and Glenn. I believe Kuechly is probably the surest bet on that list but I also think we could grab a good ILB later on as well as an OG but another OT with Reiff's ability would be hard to come by. I'm not sold on his ability against against quick DEs and OLBs. I guess Kuechly.

I do think that the combine buzz over Poe is diminishing and people are paying more attention to his body of work in college so he could very well drop to us as well as Upshaw who has been less than impressive in his workouts and people are unsure what his true position is but game tape is another matter and just the opposite of Poe. I like Barron but not as big of need right now.

I know this thread is purely for the what if fun of it and unfortunately Kuechly, Reiff and Glenn will be gone. Wondering if Kuechly falls late teens early 20's if we'll finally make another first round move up. No way Cleveland or Cincinnati will allow us to move up and they control three of the seven picks IFO us. Love to have him, Woodley and Timmons for the next 6 years.

I know Philadelphia signed a LB but it wouldn't have surprised me if they still took Kuechly until Peters went down with an achilles and even if they reach out and sign Bell they still have to be concerned due to his injury history so I'd say that could eliminate another OT before our pick and maybe someone between Philly and us reach for Adams.

I don't see the need for an ILB as pressing as the need to improve our OL or DL.....

Polamalu and Clark are both into their 30s.....Mundy is the backup.

having another CB is a good thing too....

I agree Canny and grabbing Barron, Reiff, Poe or the third corner will not make me crack the seal on the hard stuff, I think I can speak for others when we say Kuechly is the closest to a sure thing out of that group with the highest grade at a position of need. At least that's my reasoning.

ILB is a position of need I just don't see it as much of a need as NT, OG, OT, CB or possibly S...

Kuechly
    Reiff
    Upshaw
    Hightower
    Barron

I would take a guard like:
    Glenn
    Zeitler
    Silatolu
    before any of the others. And I hate the idea of a G in R1.

Also, if Mercilus, I would strongly consider him.
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

Reiff, Keuchly and Decastro should be long gone by our pick.

I expect Poe, Glenn and Kirkpatrick to be gone as well but if there definitely great picks for us.

Barron would be an interesting pick, he could get time in this year and be ready to replace Clark eventually.

Wallace is very likely at this point to come back at least for this year, but if not Floyd & Hill I would consider, though Floyd will be long gone.

I see Upshaw dropping like a rock after his poor pro day performance, another it Mike Adams, just way to inconsistent.

I still see Hightower as a very solid pick for us.

Depending how things fall and who is there I also like CB Stephon Gilmore, he is a great fit at corner for us, good size, fits our zone and very good run supporter.

so:

Like but gone (top 10 guys not worth mentioning):
    WR - Michael Floyd (Probably gone by pick 15)
    T - Johnathan Martin (I like him but he needs to build strength, he could slide some but probably gone)
    G - David Decastro (Could go top 10)
    G - Cordy Glenn (Hoping he slides down though he is going up the draft, would start immediately at LG for us)
    NT - Dontari Poe (Again hoping somehow he slides, saw a great remark on him, he possesses all the skills but his low production can be directly
    attributed to the fact he to often drives with his head down and causes him to run past plays, good coaching corrects this and he becomes a dominant force)
    ILB - Luke Kuechly (Sure thing in the middle for us but someone is going to grab him early so not overly considering him for us)
    CB - Dre Kickpatrick (Immediate starter, confident, great skills)

Guys that should be available at our pick I like:
    ILB - Dont'a Hightower (I think he'd start by 2013, but see alot of time this year)
    CB - Stephon Gilmore (I know we had good young CBs but he fits well depending on how draft falls)
    C - Peter Konz (I like him at LG for us and with the ability to play Center a bonus)
    WR - Stephen Hill / Georgia Tech (Speed downfield opens up other lanes)
    S - Mark Barron (Great skill, immediate help on ST and depth at S, eventually will push to start)

No Thanks:
    CB -Janoris Jenkins (Great skills, most likely to be suspended 1 or more times in his career, just to much of a headache)
    ILB Courtney Upshaw (Looks to have problems with weight and slower than expect, his bust potential to high to me)
    T - Mike Adams (Just way to inconsistent to me)

No interest in RB, TE, QB, DE in Rd 1

For now Poe, Glenn and Hightower are my choices if there.
    "Once I start, they'll be no stopping me."

I say Poe. NT is just too hard a position to pass on even if Poe is a bigger ? then Kuechly, Reiff, or Martin.

Of that list, my preference would be:

1. Poe- Has some flaws, but I think he would end up being a star with the Steelers.
    2. Kuechly- Only reason he is not 1 is because the ILB position is deeper than the NT position. I would prefer Poe and Kendricks to Kuechly and Ta'amu.
    3. Glenn-I think he is going to be a very good player and fits a big need on the Steelers.
    4. Barron- Top notch player and future probowler, but not as big as a need. Probably gone in the top 15.
    5. Reiff- Really doubtful he is available at 24, but could move Colon into G.
    6. Hightower- I think this is going to be the pick. I think he will be a very nice pick.
    7. Gilmore- Not sure if he is better than some CB's that will be around in the later rounds. (Josh Robinson, Trumaine Johnson, Brandon Boykin)
    8. Upshaw- I think he could be great if put in the right position, but don't know where that would be with the Steelers. Not sure if he would be a DE or an OLB.
    9. Martin-Not sold on him at all. Same with Adams. Would pass on both of them.

I think Fletcher Cox could be an option if he slides to the 24th pick. I have a feeling either him or Poe will be there.

would you pass on the ProBowler to take Poe or Kuechly???