Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has Osweiler vaulted himself into round 1 at his pro day?

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/30/did-...o-first-round/

This could make the draft real interesting and really effect where Tannehill is drafted.

Surely that's rubbish, what a pro day performance elevates him 3 rounds? I dont think so
    "It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man" - Jack Handy

Osweiler's biggest problem is that he made mental errors in big games.
    He should have tried transferring. He didn't. Basically Ryan Mallet / Jimmy Clausen 2.0.

I don't think it'd be smart to start him and that's why teams will draft him. It isn't an Andy Dalton case. It isn't even a Kapernick problem.

No. The end.

dont believe anything written by Brandt...he is the Al Davis of the draft world.
    "All that is necessary for the
    forces of evil to triumph is for enough good men to do nothing"
    Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by kenroher View Post
    http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/30/did-...o-first-round/

This could make the draft real interesting and really effect where Tannehill is drafted.
    Osweiler isnt that good. I think he would be lucky to go in the 2nd round. He is one of those QB's who will probably go higher than he should and i dont see him any better than the 3rd round.

Yeah he should be grateful if he goes in the top 100.

I actually prefer Foles/Cousins to him in that 3rd tier of QB's

Os is a guy who should sit for 2-3 seasons and try to master whatever system the OC uses, provided he's in the same system for those years.

JMR is offline defender of the high life
    He's been invited to attend the draft. Story is on NFL.com.
    U MAD BRO??

Quote Originally Posted by JMR View Post
    The NFL needs a forlorn guy sitting in the room waiting to be called.
    "Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."

Ronald Wilson Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by hadji View Post
    dont believe anything written by Brandt...he is the Al Davis of the draft world.
    Nah, Al Davis was occasionally right.

Quote Originally Posted by JMR View Post
    He wasn't on the updated list by ESPN.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

I sort of feel that it will be a bit more like last year.

Free Agent QBs aren't going to hit the Market next year in a sexy way. And really, they haven't for awhile. Also solid back up QBs will cost less than a first rounder at 10-25.

I know that Scott Pioli has been given pressure by ownership because he couldn't snag a meeting w/ Manning. Pending on what Hunt wants, the Chiefs might trade to get Tannehill if he slips past the Browns.

Some predictions...

I could see the Saints being a team that drafts Cousins in the first round. The Browns could trade for him a bit higher than their 2nd pick.

On the other end I see Osweiler being a target by the Broncos. They don't have a back up and Manning's health is up in the air. Seahawks are another maybe w/ Osweiler.

Weedon.... my gut says he's going to a playoff team - Green Bay? NYG? Or maybe the Cardinals.

Foles maybe goes to Baltimore or Detroit.

Osweiler, Cousins, etc.......complete vomit, why waste your time in early rounds? I just don't see it.

I watched him on the Gruden QB Camp - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpKGM9FCyxg

He certainly has all the tools, he just came across as too forced to me, like all of his answers were scripted
    "It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man" - Jack Handy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast