Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by iggles nut View Post
    The Eagles are hosting Bell for a visit this weekend. They have the cap room. They can probably outbid the Steelers.
    I'm sure they will outbid us. Pitt can only offer at most 2 million a season (dump Jon 'ass block' Scott) give Bell that savings.

All the other money needs to be saved for Mike Wallace.

And the Eagles can almost guarantee a starting LT gig. Pitt won't.
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

I understand some of the criticism of Peters' past play, but he was excellent last year. As a run blocker, he is absolutely incredible, especially in space for a big man. He can get down the field on sweeps and screen plays in a way few offensive tackles can.

It's a huge loss for Philly, because they have no depth. Bell would be a nice fill-in for a year I guess, but there is a dropoff there that is sizable any way you cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    Yah, they'll figure something out whether Bell,Mcneil or a LT in the 1st such as Martin or Adams. Peters is criminally underrated though, tough loss. Never got the credit until last year when he made 1st team all pro.
    It's a definite big loss for PHI, but I wouldn't agree he's underrated. He is often placed as a top 3 LT (usually behind Joe Thomas and Jake Long) in the league. Where he rightfully belongs.

Bell would be a huge drop-off compared to Peters. He's only been the starter in Buffalo due to a lack of legitimate competition. On top of that, he's had problems staying healthy for an entire season; not exactly a good fit for a team with no depth. Lastly, from Bell's perspective, the Eagles would be a bad fit - he would start for most of one season, and then have no future, assuming Peters comes back 100%.

interesting article on NFL players and torn Achilles...

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2012...tendon-rupture

Achilles is often a career ender, but he's good enough it probably just slows him down. Unfortunate whenever this happens.
    "There were many ways of not burdening one's conscience, of shunning responsibility, looking away, keeping mum. When the unspeakable truth of the holocaust then became known at the end of the war, all too many of us claimed that they had not known anything about it or even suspected anything."

- Richard Von Weizsaecker

Tough luck. But better it happened now than during the season. Gives Philly time to find a replacement, whether in free agency or in the draft.

I never root for something like this, even to the Eagles. This is pure speculation but maybe this injury may be easier for a OT to come back from then, say, a WR or CB.

Quote Originally Posted by Davekn View Post
    I never root for something like this, even to the Eagles. This is pure speculation but maybe this injury may be easier for a OT to come back from then, say, a WR or CB.
    i don't think so. pure speed isn't as important for an OT, but they need to have a great "explosion" out of their stance and into their block. Plus they are over 300 lbs and they're blocking people who are over 300 lbs and all that weight gets routed through their ankles. I would think that this injury would be particularly devastating for an OT.
    I don't have a signature. You're imagining reading this right now. You should really see a mental health professional about this.

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter Reply Retweet Favorite Open
    Bills free-agent OT Demetrius Bell is visting the Eagles late this afternoon.

The "good news" is that by happening now instead of August or September, Peters should have plenty of time to get healthy for 2013. I don't expect him to play in 2012.

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter Reply Retweet Favorite Open
    Eagles and former Bills T Demetress Bell agree to terms on a five-year deal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12