Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    shoot, I'd take a 3rd from Cleveland if they offered that deal...it still ensures Kalil...but I highly doubt that a trade will be made....
    Bleeding Purple since 1977

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoViking View Post
    I don't know why you hate Reiff so much - arm length is just about the most overrated measurable ever.

Joe Thomas and others have done very well with 'short arms'. This is the season where people try to completely invalidate good football players because of some relatively obscure attribute. Meh.

He is a solid OT.
    I don't hate Reiff....just don't think he is worthy of a top 10 pick.

You're right that a guy can succeed at LT with shorter arms. But he needs to have really good feet to do it. And that isn't Reiff either.

I personally wouldn't take Reiff in the top 15 of this draft because IMO he is eventually going to be forced to move to either RT or guard. He is just a bad combination of a lot of different things....short arms, not a lot of athleticism, lack of a real good anchor to be considered a top 10 LT IMO. I think he has a long NFL career...I just don't think it is the type of career that you expect when you take a LT in the top 10.

5. The Dolphins love them some Ryan Tannehill. I spoke with Tannehill Saturday, mostly about his workout in front of pro scouts and coaches on the Texas A&M campus Thursday. But we also talked about how much work the Dolphins, picking eighth in the first round, are doing on the kid.

Club officials, including GM Jeff Ireland and coach Joe Philbin, dined with Tannehill in College Station Wednesday night, then spent about 90 minutes with him on the greaseboard Thursday after the workout. Any doubt now that Tannehill won't get past No. 8, where Miami picks?

Noted NFL Films analyst Greg Cosell says Tannehill is a more accurate passer on the run than Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III, which is something to say for a guy who played wide receiver for two-plus seasons while waiting for the quarterback job to be his in 2010.

Tannehill worked with quarterback consultant Chris Weinke on his mechanics after the 2011 season, ironing out the herky-jerky motion in his pass-drops and working on opening his hips better on deep sideline throws to the left. But the attention from teams always goes to his time at receiver, where he was moved -- by former A&M coach and current Miami offensive coordinator Mike Sherman -- as a freshman because two quarterbacks were ahead of him.

"I was an arrogant little freshman at the time,'' Tannehill told me. "I said to coach Sherman, 'I think you're making a mistake.' He sort of chuckled to himself. I forget what he said. But they just told me to go out the next day at practice and run some routes. Two days later, I was in the starting rotation at receiver. Obviously, I was frustrated, but now I realize it gave me a different look at offensive football -- what receivers go through, how they see defensive backs, where they like the ball delivered. Things like that. So it worked out all right.''

It's pretty clear Cleveland and Miami are the leading candidates for Tannehill. I think he'd be a better fit in Miami because, after 19 starts at quarterback in college football, he may need a year of seasoning and time to get used to a new system before feeling the weight of a franchise on his shoulders. And right now, Matt Moore has more security -- and faith from the fan base in Miami -- than Colt McCoy has in Cleveland. One bad month and the fans would be calling for Tannehill in Miami.
    But one bad half in Cleveland and the chants for Tannehill would begin. Check out what Moore did in the last nine weeks of the regular season versus a rather prominent Super Bowl hero:

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1qtYqmHRD

Tampa and Cleveland are also both in love with Richardson, so that would be nice to make a move with either of them and still get Kalil.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12