Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I Just watched the entire clip and McNabb made absolutely no sense. It's clear why he doesn't like Tebow. They are complete opposites.

Also, if he hasn't officially announced his retirement then he is a pretty big hypocrite. He is bashing Tebow for making a simple tweet, yet he is doing all of these ****ty media appearances on ESPN. Wouldn't that take up more time than a 140 character message?

Shouldn't McNabb be getting in shape and preparing to play in the NFL next season? Or is he just going to retire by default because nobody wants him?

EDIT: Also, McNabb isn't as eloquent as I thought he was. He sounded like an idiot when he was out of press conference mode.
    Last edited by ReidisPhat; 03-31-2012 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReidisPhat View Post

Shouldn't McNabb be getting in shape and preparing to play in the NFL next season?
    He never did before. Why start now? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by ErkTheJerk View Post
    He never did before. Why start now? ;-)
    Sorry, that was too easy, RiP.

McNabb is just making excuses for his lack of production in Washington and Minnesota. He contradicts himself by putting Jay Cutler, Beck and Grossman in his list of unsuccessful Shanny QB's and then turns around and says that a QB is no better than the talent around him. Well, then why put Beck, Cutler and Grossman on the list? Beck and Grossman are both Washington QB's with the same talent that McNabb had...so go figure. You can't really put the blame on all the QB's in Washington under Shanny, yet that's what McNabb is trying to do. Cutler's 17-20 record can be attributed to the porous defense and lack of running game in Denver while he was there. It was pretty much Cutler and Marshall and that was about it. If they didn't score 30 points they lost.

He's just bitter about his stint in Washington because they got rid of him so quickly and it hurt HIS ego. Now he's on a rampage because no team in the NFL wants him anymore. It's like watching a bitter old man blame everyone about what went wrong in his life. He just needs to shut up and stop whining like a little girl.
    "Nationalism is power hunger tempered by self-deception." - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by ReidisPhat View Post
    Obviously, I was driving the McNabb bandwagon, and we all know how it turned out. I'm willing to admit that I was wrong. Reid made him into a pretty good quarterback for three years or so. (I'd say he was around the 8-12 range.) But, besides those years he was overrated. For some reason he had the national media in his back pocket. I think part of the reason was due to his rocky relationship with the Philly fans; the national media loves any opportunity to trash our city. Anyway, the guy turned into a joke at the end of his career.

Check out the clip that was mentioned in this thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJUoi...eature=related

I mean his complex couldn't be anymore clear. The guy better get off television or he is going to become even more of a joke.
    Yeah and a lot of us kind of owe you guys an apology. Don't get me wrong, I was on record as being opposed to the trade to Washington. But I did understand it, they needed a QB and great starters just aren't available.

From the outside it did look like Philly Fan was too hard on McNabb over the years. We saw the most productive QB your team has had since, well, in our lifetime and it looked like you guys really didn't appreciate what you had. But the fact is once he lost his mobility he was a below average QB that was carried by Reid's offense.

I was telling Eagle fans for ten years. They just didn't see it.

No Wiz, you went to the extreme end of claiming he sucked for 10+ years and blamed him for everything from 9-11 to the financial collapse, and as such, lost credibility.
    "Stop doing the wrong things. Stop promoting competition and choice as answers to the very inequality that was created by competition and choice."
    ~ Diane Ravitch, Reign of Error

Quote Originally Posted by ForWhoForWhat? View Post
    No Wiz, you went to the extreme end of claiming he sucked for 10+ years and blamed him for everything from 9-11 to the financial collapse, and as such, lost credibility.
    The financial collapse was namely from banks giving dumb loans. However, I do believe Nabby was involved with 9-11.

Quote Originally Posted by ForWhoForWhat? View Post
    Got any quotes on any of that or just trying to justify your blindness?

Quote Originally Posted by ErkTheJerk View Post
    The financial collapse was namely from banks giving dumb loans. However, I do believe Nabby was involved with 9-11.
    The banks gave smart loans and made out like bandits when the willing suckers defaulted. Erk: The ENTIRE game is rigged. Look at the big picture! The ruse is to get you in debt and then get destroyed by the interest. The banks got paid either way but made MORE if you defaulted.

As for McNabb, he spoke the truth here. Take away Terrell Davis' 53 TDs from '96-'98 and Shanahan isn't such a great coach. If you remove Terrell Davis' 3 year monster outburst, Shanahan had 1 12+ win season in 15 years. You can make it 1 in 16 after this year. Bank on that. If and when RG III succeeds, it will be in spite of Shanahan.

---

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...es/ShanMi0.htm
    http://www.nfl.com/player/terrelldav...30/careerstats

Quote Originally Posted by WIZ View Post
    No, just justifying my blindness. I used my collection of Wiz, UBLIVIS and ONE quotes for TP on a camping trip a few years back.
    "Stop doing the wrong things. Stop promoting competition and choice as answers to the very inequality that was created by competition and choice."
    ~ Diane Ravitch, Reign of Error

So you're just making stuff up to try and make a point then bring up other stuff to try and hide your original lie. Brilliant.

I gotta laugh at the hardon some of you still have for this guy... Who the hell cares what he has to say... He's a washed up has-been whose best years were 8 years ago... It's like caring what Charles Barkley or Skip Bayless have to say...

Seriously, the hatred you harbor for the guy is unhealthy...

And he's right about what he said... Shannahan is an average coach who hasn't had/developed any good QB's... That's one thing I'll give Reid credit for is masking his QB's ability...
    Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Quote Originally Posted by WIZ View Post
    It was an analogy but come on Wiz. Everyone here will attest that you blamed everything on McNabb.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast