Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EaglesKickA## View Post

Seriously, the hatred you harbor for the guy is unhealthy...

Really??? Laughing at an idiot is entertaining. Screaming at the TV with your blood pressure going through the roof during a game might not be real healthy, but laughing at McUnderachiever is quite fun.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyGreen View Post
    It was an analogy but come on Wiz. Everyone here will attest that you blamed everything on McNabb.

I dunno. I thought Wiz was right more often han not.
    Chip is the man!

Quote Originally Posted by ErkTheJerk View Post
    Really??? Laughing at an idiot is entertaining. Screaming at the TV with your blood pressure going through the roof during a game might not be real healthy, but laughing at McUnderachiever is quite fun.
    If laughing at an idiot wasn't fun, more than half of these guys would be banned long ago.
    Chip is the man!

Quote Originally Posted by WIZ View Post
    So you're just making stuff up to try and make a point then bring up other stuff to try and hide your original lie. Brilliant.
    I stand by what i said. The folks on here know what's up. If they want to call me a liar and say i'm making stuff up about you, so be it. But you and i both know, 90+% of them won't do that. So you can go pound sand.
    "Stop doing the wrong things. Stop promoting competition and choice as answers to the very inequality that was created by competition and choice."
    ~ Diane Ravitch, Reign of Error

Quote Originally Posted by Aguilas verdes View Post
    The banks gave smart loans and made out like bandits when the willing suckers defaulted. Erk: The ENTIRE game is rigged. Look at the big picture! The ruse is to get you in debt and then get destroyed by the interest. The banks got paid either way but made MORE if you defaulted.

As for McNabb, he spoke the truth here. Take away Terrell Davis' 53 TDs from '96-'98 and Shanahan isn't such a great coach. If you remove Terrell Davis' 3 year monster outburst, Shanahan had 1 12+ win season in 15 years. You can make it 1 in 16 after this year. Bank on that. If and when RG III succeeds, it will be in spite of Shanahan.

---

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...es/ShanMi0.htm
    http://www.nfl.com/player/terrelldav...30/careerstats
    The crazy man speaks again. Good God I've been waiting for years for you to make one post that wasn't completely bat schitt insane. I'm still waiting.

Sure Shanny was helped by Terrell Davis, but that's like saying BB is "helped" by Tom Brady. Name me ONE successful coach who didn't have great players. For the record Mike Shanahan's record from '99 until he left Denver in 2008, the years you chose to illustrate, was 91-69. That's .758 big boy. So his worst years in Denver are better than the win percentage of well respected coaches such as Jeff Fisher (.542), John Gruden; (.540) ; Mike Holmgren (.592); Bill Cowher (.623), Tony Dungy (.668) etc,

It may not work out for Shanny in DC, most things here don't. But to state that he was carried by the likes of Elway or Davis and had no success after they left is simply a stupid position to take. Especially when you consider that I used the link you provided to point out the facts.

Sometimes this is just too easy.
    Last edited by Darrell Green Fan; 04-02-2012 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Davekn View Post
    It may not work out for Shanny in DC, most things here don't. But to state that he was carried by the likes of Elway or Davis and had no success after they left is simply a stupid position to take. Especially when you consider that I used the link you provided to point out the facts.

Sometimes this is just too easy.
    When a coach can't pick his players he has a problems. I am not sure what the situation is in DC but history has shown that coaches need to arm themselves with players they personally pick to fit their scheme. I am not sure how hands on Snyder is these days in the past he would ruin the skins with his meddling.

Take the Cowboys as another example. The head coach does not even get to pick his staff because Jerry Jones is writing checks his ego can't cash. I said it when Jimmy Johnson was fired and the Switzer marionette was brough it....and I will say it again. Jerry Jones just destroyed a Dynasty.....I thought the Cowboys would become the Celtics or the UCLA Bruins of the NFL.

I don't think Shanahan is that good a coach but he did win a Superbowl so my opinion may be moot. I do know this....when they did get Terrell Davis he made all the difference in the word........but it still took a coach smart enough to recognize it and actually us the running game correctly.

Yeah..I think all of us should just be happy we dont have to deal with him as our QB anymore and let it all rest. We have better things to argue about than Donovan McNabb.
    Last edited by swat; 04-02-2012 at 02:27 PM.

I personally think Skins fans should be happy they are finally getting a potential franchise QB but there are a couple of things I would be worried about if I were them...

1. Giving up as much as they did with an older head coach and a not so great roster.
    2. RG3 staying healthy. To me thats a major concern and really the only one I have with him.

It remains to be seen if those will or wont become issues ...but I have a feeling they will. On the other hand...its a fact, we have a QB who cant stay healthy and we have no future star at the pos. . We also have a head coach who could be gone pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by swat View Post
    I personally think Skins fans should be happy they are finally getting a potential franchise QB but there are a couple of things I would be worried about if I were them...

1. Giving up as much as they did with an older head coach and a not so great roster.
    2. RG3 staying healthy. To me thats a major concern and really the only one I have with him.

It remains to be seen if those will or wont become issues ...but I have a feeling they will. On the other hand...its a fact, we have a QB who cant stay healthy and we have no future star at the pos. . We also have a head coach who could be gone pretty soon.
    Hell there's always a chance that a "can't miss" does in fact miss. So no doubt it was a huge gamble, but as I said a gamble they simply had to take. As for the Redskins trust me the dark days when Snyder was calling the shots was about as bleak as it gets. Now they have football people in charge and that gives us hope.

Back to the thread topic it has to be pointed out that he got production and playoff appearances out of the likes of Brian Griese and Jake Freaking Plummer. So clearly he has the ability to develop QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by ForWhoForWhat? View Post
    I stand by what i said. The folks on here know what's up. If they want to call me a liar and say i'm making stuff up about you, so be it. But you and i both know, 90+% of them won't do that. So you can go pound sand.
    You lied and stand by it. Then you speak for others. Then I can go pound sand. Bitter much?

Do you really think I care what you say? I'm good bud. Happy, likeable and successful guy. No need to pound sand. No need to do nothing but roll my eyes at you.....and laugh.

God I love this board.

You lied and stand by it. Then you speak for others. Then I can go pound sand. Bitter much?

Do you really think I care what you say? I'm good bud. Happy, likeable and successful guy. No need to pound sand. No need to do nothing but roll my eyes at you.....and laugh.
    That's highly debatable.

Good ole days here... Wiz brings up McNabb.. and it turns into personal attacks and fights.. where wiz is an innocent victims. QB's change.. but some things never do. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by FFL_Recruiter View Post
    QB's change.. but some things never do. LOL
    Word!!! Here comes FFL with the chance to take a shot and add nothing. You're so right with that last sentence. Go you.

Quote Originally Posted by Davekn View Post
    God I love this board.
    When did you find God, bro?

It's been a few days...aside from Deano, nobody's said i was wrong <shrug>.
    "Stop doing the wrong things. Stop promoting competition and choice as answers to the very inequality that was created by competition and choice."
    ~ Diane Ravitch, Reign of Error

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast