Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ilb

Quote Originally Posted by BIG STEEL View Post
    I think there are a number of scenarios and I am sure the FO already knows them all to get a OL, DL and ILB in first three rounds no matter who is taking first, 2nd and 3rd. I agree Thinny on both Kendricks for the positive and Burflict as a negative.
    I'm glad you guys mentioned Kendricks, I brought his name up in the old combine thread because of his impressive showing but also his play at Cal. He was Pac 12 DPOY and I believe worthy of their second round pick if the Steelers are still looking at an ILB. I agree he's not getting much love especially after the combine buzz was over. The guy hits like a truck and seems to be a smart kid. I believe the trouble he got into was minor but I can't remember what the heck it was.

Wierd westy, but I don't think I ever even heard of Kendricks, and he was PAC 12 DPOY. Can't even remember if we played Cal this year? But he definitely played in the tougher of the two divisions and I trust guys that make plays when it comes down to it.

There is no point in ever bringing up Burfict's name again. Not only has he fallen out of the draft, I've heard that more than half the teams wouldn't even consider signing him. He got worse from the combine to the pro day. But I guarantee you the Ravens sign him as an undrafted FA.

Quote Originally Posted by AZSTEELER View Post
    Wierd westy, but I don't think I ever even heard of Kendricks, and he was PAC 12 DPOY. Can't even remember if we played Cal this year? But he definitely played in the tougher of the two divisions and I trust guys that make plays when it comes down to it.

There is no point in ever bringing up Burfict's name again. Not only has he fallen out of the draft, I've heard that more than half the teams wouldn't even consider signing him. He got worse from the combine to the pro day. But I guarantee you the Ravens sign him as an undrafted FA.
    Yeah he had a couple minor team violations, could be anything but guarantee the teams know so if they're good with it I am too. I would be quite happy with getting Hendricks as he is an everydown backer.
    "Once I start, they'll be no stopping me."

...he is an everydown backer.
    This is basically my angle for keeping tabs on him/having interest in him. He isn't flawless by any means, but he has absolutely proven that he can play 3 downs in a 3-4 and more than hold his own. It may take him a season or so to be able to grasp LeBeau's defense, but that goes for almost anyone they'd take.

In the interim he'd probably be at least able to contribute in nickle situations and be a beast on STs. Guy looks like he's shot out of a cannon in any video I've been able to find of him/what little(very little) I actually got to see him in an actual game.
    "I'm like a hungry piranha with a capybara on it's period in the water..."

- westcoast

Quote Originally Posted by AZSTEELER View Post
    Well, their defense pretty much sucked but not his fault. He was all over the field for them, had 12 tackles for loss this season which is somewhere in the top five of the pac 12. He didn't have allot of help and the teams overall performance didn't get them much attention this year even locally since they were contending with Stanford the last few years for the local spotlight. I watched a few of their games on TV but even though I wasn't glued to the set he seemed to always be around the ball when I was paying attention and he does fly to the ball and hits like you would expect a Steeler linebacker. As Thinnister said, he's is a three down LB.

Another Lb of interest that Steelnut mentioned is Bobby Wagner of Utah State. He was unable to participate in the combine due to pneumonia. He was the D MVP in the Senior Bowl and has similar physical attributes to Kendricks with same speed etc. Can play inside and out, at his pro day his long jump would have been second only to WR Hill's at the combine. His 40 was around Kendrick's time with same vertical as well. He's listed at 6' 235. Great stat history at Utah State. Looks like someone of interest in rd 2.

Wagner ran a 4.46 and 4.47 at 6' and 241lbs.........sounds like James Farrior to me.

threw the bar up 24 times.
    The Leafies are Scumbags.

From what I've read and seen Wagner is definitely for real, but he's projected to go as high as Giants pick at 32, but likely won't fall below mid-2nd. If we go other than ILB in Rd 1 could be interesting to see if either Wagner or Kendricks are there in 2nd.
    "Once I start, they'll be no stopping me."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12