Ocho restructured contract

Per Adam Schefter tweet his salary in 2012 went from $3mill to $1 mill. He is sticking around ladies and gents.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    REx's prediction in 2011

1. Jets will win division FAIL
    2. Jets beat the Patriots FAIL
    3. Jets will beat Giants FAIL
    4. Jets will win AFC FAIL
    5. Jets will win the SB FAIL
    6. Ravens will beat Pats FAIL

Fine by me. I expect a solid season from him next year. He now has some experience in the system, but mainly, he has an entire off season, entire camps, and entire pre season to build a rapport with Brady. Last year's short training camp hindered his ability to develop with Tom. He's still got the ability.

Bill has gotten rid of guys before if they werent putting in work, couldnt pick up the playbook, or were a distraction. I think if Bill is playing on keeping him around, its speaks to how hard Johnson has worked and that he at least has some base level of comprehension of the offense. We've heard how hard it is from guys to develop and get into a groove, so it takes some time.

Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    Fine by me. I expect a solid season from him next year. He now has some experience in the system, but mainly, he has an entire off season, entire camps, and entire pre season to build a rapport with Brady. Last year's short training camp hindered his ability to develop with Tom. He's still got the ability.

Bill has gotten rid of guys before if they werent putting in work, couldnt pick up the playbook, or were a distraction. I think if Bill is playing on keeping him around, its speaks to how hard Johnson has worked and that he at least has some base level of comprehension of the offense. We've heard how hard it is from guys to develop and get into a groove, so it takes some time.
    It's BB's ego that most likely keeps him around more than whether Ocho pick up playbook. I mean it's ocho he is always a distraction or distracted with something via Twitter, reality TV.
    I just wonder how Hernandez and Gronk picked up playbook pretty well, as rookies.
    BB has praised Ocho so much when he wasn't on the team and last year when he got on team.

I am glad his salary has been reduced of course but I just don't have any hope he will bring anything more significant that last year.

Lastly if it takes 2 years for WRs to "get the offense" then they should be drafting more young guys to learn it and not cutting them 2nd year. I mean 10 year veteran needs a whole year to get up speed, so there should be an entire 2 seasons afforded a rookie to learn it.
    "aahhhhh, he said nig gaaah"
    Courtesy of Riley Cooper's hot friend.

BB's ego? What does that have to do with anything?

I don't think the restructure changes anything. Ocho will be fighting for a job. Lower salary gives him more of a chance but he still needs to beat out a couple guys.

Gotta love that "BB ego" catch-all.

This is strictly about them telling him he could give money back now and have a chance to make the team in camp, or take his walking papers now and see if he could make more on the free market than he'd have to give back coming off a 15 catch season.

An egomaniac would've held fast to the original deal.
    "I will punch you." - Wounded Bear

I have a hard time believing BB would waste salary cap room for his ego...

BB Is all about winning football games.
    Ignorance is those who disparage believers....12 They will come and shout for joy on the heights of Zion; they will rejoice in the bounty of the LORD—the grain, the new wine and the olive oil, the young of the flocks and herds. They will be like a well-watered garden, and they will sorrow no more.
    13 Then young women will dance and be glad, young men and old as well. I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by hendersonsplow View Post
    BB's ego? What does that have to do with anything?

I don't think the restructure changes anything. Ocho will be fighting for a job. Lower salary gives him more of a chance but he still needs to beat out a couple guys.
    This. We can hope he finally figures it out but it mostly depends on who else is competing for that spot. Stallworth?

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan2003 View Post
    This. We can hope he finally figures it out but it mostly depends on who else is competing for that spot. Stallworth?
    Well, Ochno isn't exactly a deep threat anymore...so he'd be competing with everyone really.

My look at the Pats WR situation:

Welker - Lock to make the team.
    Lloyd - Lock to make the team.
    Slater - Lock to make the team, he's our # 1 gunner.

That basically leaves 3 WR spots at MOST for the following players:

-Branch: Lost a step or two, but has Brady's absolute trust.
    -Stallworth: Knows the system under McDaniels and was productive in 07'.
    -Ochncinco: Could be better with a full off-season and used to be a productive WR.
    -Edelman: Decent slot receiver, better returner, and plays DB in a pinch if needed.
    -Gonzalez: Always hurt, but could be productive...low risk/high reward.
    -Underwood: Nice hair cut, but faces an uphill to even make the roster..and does he even play ST's?

So, I see the final three spots being a competition between:

Stallworth - He makes it.
    Edelman/Gonzalez - Edelman has the edge now being healthy & a ST guy, but Gonzalez could be the better receiver.
    Branch/Ochnocinco - Both are route runners, one has Brady's trust...the other doesn't...but the latter might have more gas in the tank, IMO.
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx