Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Linebackers

And good for Heater, really glad he was able to get what I assume is a decent contract with all the hard work he put in after coming into the league as an UDFA. I wish him well.

I don't think this is a huge loss because PC&JS want to get faster at the LB position. And Wright can slide over to MLB if it's easier for us to fill the OLB positions.
    "Personal foul, 69, offense. He was giving him the business."

Quote Originally Posted by MKHawk View Post
    Give me Kendricks in the 2nd and pass rush in the first over Kuechly in the 1st.
    Can any of you guys that watch the Pac 12 more than I do give me a rundown on Kendricks? I know he tore it up at the combine, but to be honest I had never even heard his name up until that point.

Quote Originally Posted by MKHawk View Post
    Give me Kendricks in the 2nd and pass rush in the first over Kuechly in the 1st.
    My thoughts as well. John an dPete have showed multiple times now that they don't spend premium on linebackers. Keep going back to the post season pressed . . . Speed, pass rushers, playmakers.

Coples or Perry in the 1st, Hendricks or Wagner in the 2nd, plus another OLB later or some variation on that theme and we will have had a good draft.
    Seattle Seahawks, winners of SuperBowl XLVIII, what an amazing season!

The guy to watch out for for the Seahawks I think is Tank Carder, MLB for TCU. Good athlete with the kind of length Pete looks for (6'2"). He's got good agility and plays really aggressive. Comes from a bit of a wonky scheme (5-2) but tat's not a big deal for a defender.

Kendricks and Wagner are shorter, but both have mitigating factors that could override their lack of height.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfanforlife View Post
    Can any of you guys that watch the Pac 12 more than I do give me a rundown on Kendricks? I know he tore it up at the combine, but to be honest I had never even heard his name up until that point.
    I believe he was the Pac-10 defensive player of the year, wasn't he?

Just got done watching the USC game against Cal. Here's what I see from Kendricks . . .

- Versatile defender who plays all over the field. They line him up at MLB, SLB and even out wide against spread TE's. Doesn't seem to struggle much regardless of where he is lined up. He played OLB for two years before moving to MLB this year.

- Active and aggressive. He's a downhill player who excels moving towards the LOS against the run. He doesn't wait for the action to get to him.

- Excellent blitzer from inside and out. Works his way through the LOS, and while he doesn't often get to the QB, he does use his speed well to disrupt timing.

- Hits like a train.

- Didn't see him used in coverage much. That could be an area of concern.

From an athletic perspective he's a clear upgrade. He's a better blitzer than Hawthorne and is more scheme versatile. I don't think he is as instinctive as heater and may not be as technical a tackler.

The instincts can't be taught but the tackling form can be.
    Seattle Seahawks, winners of SuperBowl XLVIII, what an amazing season!

I've seen Tank Carder a few times as a BSU alum. VERY impressed. Has good instincts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by seahawksfan837 View Post
    I've seen Tank Carder a few times as a BSU alum. VERY impressed. Has good instincts as well.
    Clad to hear that I'm not totally off case there. My Seahawks mock is coming into focus ;)

Quote Originally Posted by McGruffHawk View Post
    Clad to hear that I'm not totally off case there. My Seahawks mock is coming into focus ;)
    I don't get too much into the "draft guru" conversations, because my BSU football dedication (flying out for games, tailgating, etc.) often makes it difficult for me to see other schools/players play. I am pretty opinionated on the ones I do see though, and Carder is a guy that I'm VERY high on. BSU runs a lot of plays that are aimed at getting defenders out of position to make up for their lack of athleticism (compared to bigger schools), but they had a real problem with Carder. From my perspective, he seemed to have very, very good instincts. I have no idea where he's projected in the draft, but I would love to see him on the Hawks.

Probably a 3rd/4th round guy.

BTW, you might be interested to know that Shea McClellin is supposedly moving into 1st round consideration . . .

Who is the highest drafted BSU guy ever?

Quote Originally Posted by McGruffHawk View Post
    Probably a 3rd/4th round guy.

BTW, you might be interested to know that Shea McClellin is supposedly moving into 1st round consideration . . .

Who is the highest drafted BSU guy ever?
    Ryan Clady @ 12. Next is Kyle Wilson @ 29. Only 2 1st rounders we've had.

Crazy to me that a team would use a 1st on McClellin, but good for him.
    Last edited by seahawksfan837; 04-04-2012 at 09:13 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12