Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Draft

There aren't that many around. Hence why they get taken later.

But championship teams find those guys.

The Lions NEVER have.
    "Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."

Ronald Wilson Reagan

Safety looks like a need to be possibly addressed...

Quote Originally Posted by @davebirkett
    If Lions miss on Barron early, safety to watch is Trenton Robinson. Schwartz spent a lot w/him at SR Bowl, Marcus Robertson at MSU pro day
    "Let's eat Grandma!"..."Let's eat, Grandma!"
    Punctuation saves lives.

The heavens declare Your glory - X Structure at the Core of Whirlpool Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by FamineGod View Post
    Safety looks like a need to be possibly addressed...
    It should be. So should DE, OT, OG, C, LB, CB and now RB.

I can see the Lions drafting a DE in the 1st round because of value and I'd be fine with it. Ideally a trade down would happen but every fan wants a trade down and it rarely happens. Just go BPA and call it good.

I hope we don't take a DE, but like you say, it may be a BPA situation and stocking up on pass rushers like the Giants and others isn't the worst idea in the world. I'd much rather get a CB,S,OT or LB, maybe C.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Last year, Dave Birkett talked with a guy that worked with Linehan for a couple years in St. Louis about RB's and WR's Linehan would be interested in. He correctly listed Leshoure and Young. Birkett talked to him again this year...

http://www.freep.com/article/2012041...acks-receivers

I could see them taking a look at Broyles if he's there in the 3rd/4th as a potential Burleson replacement a year from now. Cyrus Gray is an interesting later round guy to me.
    Punctuation saves lives.

Former college and pro OL coach discusses OL prospects...

http://thesidelineview.com/columns/d...ensive-tackles

He watched multiple cut-ups for each prospect listed, but wants to remind the reader that for a final evaluation, it takes even more film work, interviewing the player to get a feel for his character, checking on the player's background and working linemen out whenever possible. Coach Zierlein gave us the order that he would rank each of the tackles and guards based on what he saw from each prospect. The only player's he evaluated are the ones listed.
    Punctuation saves lives.

I'm thinking I'd want Gilmore, Kirkpatrick, or Cordy in the first (in that order).

I'd be real happy with any of them.
    A Drinking Team with a Cycling Problem

Quote Originally Posted by The Cryin Lion View Post
    I'm thinking I'd want Gilmore, Kirkpatrick, or Cordy in the first (in that order).

I'd be real happy with any of them.
    I agree with this. Any of those guys would be a great first round pick.

It sounds increasingly unlikely that Gilmore lasts until 23...it sounds like he'll be a top 15 pick, possibly top 10.
    Punctuation saves lives.

Quote Originally Posted by FamineGod View Post
    It sounds increasingly unlikely that Gilmore lasts until 23...it sounds like he'll be a top 15 pick, possibly top 10.
    I don't think any of the 3 will be there at 23. My hope is that a guy like Decastro will fall because he's a OG and we can snatch him up.

I'd live with Kirkpatrick, but he seems like a poor fit. I'd be fine with moving up for Gilmore. I'd easily give up our 1st and 2nd for a high end CB, and probably more.

I wouldn't hate Hightower at our pick either, as a SLB and I'm in love with Mychal Kendricks. Hightower would give us some thump vs. the run and some pass rush help from the LB spot. I'd be cool with Jenkins still to be honest too. As well as Perry,Upshaw or Mercilus
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBones View Post
    I don't think any of the 3 will be there at 23. My hope is that a guy like Decastro will fall because he's a OG and we can snatch him up.
    It sounds like there's enough interest in DeCastro, too, that he won't last to 23 despite being a G.

I'm expecting the 3 top CB's to be gone by our pick at 23. I think it's possible that Riley Reiff will fall to us. If not Reiff, I think Jonathan Martin could be there; either one could compete with Cherilus at RT this year. If those two OT's aren't there, I expect we take a DE like Mercilus or Nick Perry.
    Punctuation saves lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    I'd live with Kirkpatrick, but he seems like a poor fit.
    I'm not sure he's such a poor fit as I think we play a lot less press man coverage than we think. Or perhaps that was because or secondary was so injured last year...

Besides, if Kirkpatrick doesn't fit as a CB, I think he'd work at FS.
    Punctuation saves lives.

He may be a better fit than I know. Hopefully the staff does their homework on him and if they like him as a fit, I'm in. I like his size, physicality and demeanor. I could see him as a S too.

Draft day smoke screens have been deployed.

The lions apparently want to move up in the draft to get strong safety Mark Barron.

I do not believe this one bit. As secretive as Meyhew is we aren't going to actual leaks about the Lions.
    A Drinking Team with a Cycling Problem

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast