Skins will NOT be penalized for Bounty System

NFL finds the Skins had no bounty program so no punishment.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...otball-insider

The NFL has closed its investigation without finding evidence that the Redskins had a bounty system for big hits under former defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, a person familiar with the matter said Wednesday.

The league is leaving open the possibility of taking action in the future if it discovers new evidence, according to the person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because no formal announcement has been made.

Best news I've heard all day. I was seriosuly sweating some major heat after the bomb Goodell dropped on the Saints.

My guess is, Roger never read Matt Bowen's article?

This is a political message and signal to Washington. It is a warning to Skins... If they raise a stink about the cap issue - the NFL hits them hard too.

If they take the punishment and do nothing the NFL does nothing.

F' Goddell.

At this point, the cards have been dealt. Skins should proceed full-speed ahead! If the NFL then incriminates them on this issue, they can make a case for coercion / retaliation. They can't let these a-holes push them around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter's Better View Post
    This is a political message and signal to Washington. It is a warning to Skins... If they raise a stink about the cap issue - the NFL hits them hard too.

If they take the punishment and do nothing the NFL does nothing.

F' Goddell.
    Yeah I think the 2 are related for sure. With that said I still want them to challenge the cap thing. If they did would Goddell really go after them months later? How petty would that make him look?
    6 Footers For Bogey Really Suck