Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Maybe, someone from Nike said that the colors are supposed to reflect the Northwest. The blue representing the water, etc. But that's bullsh!t, because if that was the case, shouldn't we have forest green instead of neon?

Forest green just isn't new age HFFL. In a sense it's all just BS marketing anyway and a chance for the team to sell a whack load of new jerseys, hats, T-shirts, etc..

Who gives a ratz azz what they wear if they can play ball, but if what they wear makes them think they can play ball better I'm good with it.
    Seattle Seahawks, winners of SuperBowl XLVIII, what an amazing season!

You're right - they're clearly marketing these new uniforms to the younger era. Meanwhile, I'll me screaming at them to get off my lawn!

I just want to see a big dude DE who can apply constant edge pressure, and to see Jones coming up the middle forcing the QB to crap their drawers or get smacked.

After that I want to see a nasty running game and a QB who sees more than half the field and who gets some reasonable protection from our reformed OLine and thus is able to use all the assets we have at TE and WR.

If we can get those things with the pieces already in place the new uniforms will look nice indeed.

Off the lawn? Are you really a grumpy old man? J/K

I don't mind the general design and add me to the list that prefers the two-tone look to the monochrome crap that has been trendy of late. Overall, I like the style and really like the 12th man tribute in the design elements. I wish the nike swoosh was detachable so I could remove it but the item that still really irritates me is (drumroll please):

Lime is not in the northwest indian color pallet. Sorry kids, it is the emerald city fer cryin out loud. Gimme some Kelly Green / Rich green that's much closer to the color pallet of the Northwest. We aren't drifting here. We're playing football not at some wannabe freaking Naruto Anime cosplay convention.

Quote Originally Posted by HawksFanNorth View Post
    Lime is not in the northwest indian color pallet. Sorry kids, it is the emerald city fer cryin out loud. Gimme some Kelly Green / Rich green that's much closer to the color pallet of the Northwest. We aren't drifting here. We're playing football not at some wannabe freaking Naruto Anime cosplay convention.
    Lol. They should start handing out glow sticks at all home games.

Is this a late April Fool's Joke?

Nope, but don't worry they'll look pretty darn good when the team starts winning frequently.

JMR is offline defender of the high life
    They don't blow me away but I think I can get used to 'em. More interesting than what a lot of teams ... like the Browns.... are putting their players in. I get the complaints about the Nike logo, but I betg after a while we won't even notice it. I also think I like the details in the numbers, not sold about the trim on the pants.
    U MAD BRO??

I like the helmets a lot.

My only real complaint with the uniform is the green on the blue pants. Looks silly to me.

I still have my Largent throwback to wear if I don't warm up to one of these.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

I guess my biggest problem is that we look like the professional version of the Oregon Ducks. Do not like.

Just another can grab
    You can't be the best unless you can beat the best

Quote Originally Posted by McGruffHawk View Post
    The old uni's look tired to me. I have no interest in reliving our inglorious past.

If you look at the stage shots of all the uni's modeled together, ours definitely stand out . . . I haven't decided if that's good or bad yet.
    The only thing i'd like to see is our old silver color back in some fashion... However, I do like the old uni's, quite a bit actually...

interesting article...

Seems like the Hawks uni's are the only ones that received a complete makeover... Players from other teams were/are jealous of our new look... Cool to know that the Nike had the 12th man in mind when creating this jersey... Looks like Nike paid a bit more attention to their local boys... :D

Common sense is not so common. ~ Voltaire

Both the home and away jerseys look best with the gray pants. And in that picture, the gray jersey looks nice with the white pants. That's a photoshopped pic though, and the true test will be if there is a big enough contrast between the gray and the white on field.
    "Loyalty to any one sports team is pretty hard to justify, because the players are always changing; the team could move to another city. You're actually rooting for the clothes when you get right down to it." -- Jerry Seinfeld

Being a Rams fan is like having perpetual diarrhea.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast