Whither Tim Tebow?

This provided a much-needed laugh this morning, although the rest of the people on the subway thought I was crazy:

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2...ow-the-sequel/

I particularly like the Falcons scenario.
    "You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

Love the Tebow-to-Panthers scenario:
    CAROLINA PANTHERS Tebow and Cam Newton bring the single-wing offense back to pro football. Either player could pass or run at any time, creating confusion for defenses and delight for fans, until the N.F.L. conformity commissar orders the Panthers to return to some variation on the West Coast offense or else incur a salary-cap penalty.

I'm partial to the Ravens' scenario.

BALTIMORE RAVENS General Manager Ozzie Newsome creates the perfect quarterback by grafting Joe Flacco’s cannon arm onto Tim Tebow’s powerful, agile body. The quarterback created from Tebow’s scattershot arm and Flacco’s gawky frame is traded to the Dolphins.
    "Loyalty to any one sports team is pretty hard to justify, because the players are always changing; the team could move to another city. You're actually rooting for the clothes when you get right down to it." -- Jerry Seinfeld

Congrats to the Jets for making QB comedy not exclusive to Miami.
    I'm going to type every word I know! Rectangle. America. Megaphone. Monday. Butthole.

Enjoy Tebow in NY, Jim.
    "Let's eat Grandma!"..."Let's eat, Grandma!"
    Punctuation saves lives.

The heavens declare Your glory - X Structure at the Core of Whirlpool Galaxy

Ha ha.
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

Over/Under on the week Jets fans start chanting for Tebow?

That hasn't started yet?
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

Heh, suck it Sanchize
    "Personal foul, 69, offense. He was giving him the business."

Lightbulb

Jets are a good niche for Tebow... what with Tony "Wildcat" Spadaro running the offense there.

Hope Timmy is ready for the big city press, though. Things can turn negative in a hurry in N.Y.C.
    Although it is said that our faith concerns matters which are obscure, the reasons for embracing the faith are not obscure but on the contrary are clearer than any natural light.
    -Descartes

Quote Originally Posted by PC Load Letter View Post
    Over/Under on the week Jets fans start chanting for Tebow?
    Day 2 of the draft, at the latest.

No! No! No! No! No!
    "Biologists must constantly keep in mind that what they see was not designed but rather evolved." - Francis Crick.

"For since the creation of the world, God's invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

"It's one reason I hate reading what Tyke writes. It just annoys the hell out of me." - Big Pink Monkey

My favorite:

MIAMI DOLPHINS Deal falls through when General Manager Jeff Ireland has second thoughts about whether Tebow would be embraced by fans in Florida.
    And this

WASHINGTON REDSKINS The best thing about having already traded away your next three No. 1 picks and incurred severe salary cap penalties is that it becomes almost impossible to do anything else impetuous and foolish.
    Last edited by KickSave; 03-21-2012 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KickSave View Post
    My favorite:
    Ireland is an idiot. But at least he doesn't have to ask whether Tebow's mom is a prostitute.
    "Biologists must constantly keep in mind that what they see was not designed but rather evolved." - Francis Crick.

"For since the creation of the world, God's invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

"It's one reason I hate reading what Tyke writes. It just annoys the hell out of me." - Big Pink Monkey