Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tebow?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyped View Post
    I don't like it...Tebow>Sanchez.
    In what universe?

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    Meh...they didn't have any trouble with him 2X last year...I ain't worried.
    That is because Tebow hasn't developed a passing game yet. Until he does, he won't be able to compete with guys like Brady where he needs to keep pace.

Quote Originally Posted by WSU151 View Post
    In what universe?
    Tebow beat the Jets last year and IMO has shown more potential than Sanchez to date. If I am starting a team from scratch...I am taking Tebow over Sanchez every time because Sanchez should have shown something by now as it will be his??? 4th year?
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Surprised Jax didn't offer at least a 4th. Would've been worth it to them.

I think it's a decent trade for NY. it's only a 4th rounder.
    They'll likely try to use Tebow in different spots and under center in certain situations. They are a run oriented team anyway.
    And they have a backup option if Sanchez doesn't develop. Maybe it pushes Sanchez since there was talk he wasn't always the hardest worker.

Tebow beat the Jets last year and IMO has shown more potential than Sanchez to date. If I am starting a team from scratch...I am taking Tebow over Sanchez every time because Sanchez should have shown something by now as it will be his??? 4th year?
    Didn't Sanchez lead his team to two AFC championship games his first two years? Didn't Sanchez get a road win against the Pats in the playoffs?

Let me know when Sanchez finishes a year where his completion rate is less than 50%.

The Broncos were really a 5-11 team that benefitted from some unreal luck last year, mostly on defense/STs. And Tebow didn't beat the Jets. Sanchez threw a terrible pick-6. The Broncos offense only scored one TD against the Jets. And I'm sure Sanchez could put up more than 3 points against the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by WSU151 View Post
    And Tebow didn't beat the Jets. Sanchez threw a terrible pick-6.
    That sums it up for me :-).

The point is that I evaluate QB's by how much I FEAR them. Sanchez? Not really...Tebow? He scares me because he can just pull plays outta his arse.
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

I don't like it...Tebow>Sanchez. All I can hope for is that the coaching staff stubbornly sticks with Sanchez and never starts Tebow.
    WHAT? WHY?
    Tebow SUCKS. Totally SUCKS as QB. I love this signing for Jets. Sanchez is fragile, Tebow is a novelty player there.
    The only role he can play in NFL as QB is wildcat. PERIOD.
    "aahhhhh, he said nig gaaah"
    Courtesy of Riley Cooper's hot friend.

Even if Tebow only runs the wildcat a few times a game. A 4th rounder might be worth it.

The effect it has on Sanchez is waht I will be interested in. If Sanchez is as fragile as some say this could be disastrous. Judging by his comments after the restructured contract about teammates now needing to recognize him as a leader this is a real possibility.
    Tebow could lead to a locker room split, worse than it was. Which would be fun to watch.

On the other hand, Sanchez has not seem to progress they way the Jets hoped and there were some comments about him not working the hardest so maybe the Jets are hoping this sparks something in him. I'm hoping not and I'm not convinced there is anything there to spark.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12