Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    I'm well beyond Flynnished with this silliness.
    Last edited by jammer; 03-20-2012 at 11:37 PM.
    Seattle Seahawks, winners of SuperBowl XLVIII, what an amazing season!

Because, "You've not see nothing like the mighty Flynn." When Flynn the eskimo gets here, everyone jumps for joy. Come on without, come on within, you've not seen nothing like the might Flynn.
    Last edited by jammer; 03-20-2012 at 11:43 PM.
    Seattle Seahawks, winners of SuperBowl XLVIII, what an amazing season!

Just Flynn Baby

I wonder if he will find himself a beautiful native Flynndian to settle down with while he's here...

Quote Originally Posted by Anointed One View Post
    I wonder if he will find himself a beautiful native Flynndian to settle down with while he's here...
    He's a taken man...and judging from pictures, I doubt he'll be leaving her soon...

Lacey Minchew. Miss Louisiana....

Quote Originally Posted by seahawksfan837 View Post
    He's a taken man...and judging from pictures, I doubt he'll be leaving her soon...

Lacey Minchew. Miss Louisiana....
    There is still hope for him since her name is begins with "Miss"... :D... All in all, she is definitely a beautiful lady... She is definitely not flynnvisible on the eyes...

What a great, intelligent and painless move by the Hawks. If our young team, our young experianced and talented team can get at the least good QB play out of Jackson or Flynn and our young O line gel and stay healthy, the Hawks may be a force to be reckoned with in the next few years. We have the makings of a SB defense already in the works and the cap hit with the Flynn signing leaves us even more options to get better.

I see nothing negative at all with the Flynn signing. BTW, who got Mario Williams?

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk Sal View Post
    BTW, who got Mario Williams?
    Buffalo Bills. His first visit, spent 3 days there, and never left. Six year deal that could be worth upwards to $100 million.
    Common sense is not so common. ~ Voltaire

Pretty good summary of an interview with Flynn by the local ESPN station...

http://deadspin.com/5894980/

On why he chose Seattle...

I felt it's a program that's really on the rise, doing the right thing, is being led by the right type of people. And you look at it, I think it's the second youngest team in the NFL, and so there's a lot of talent everywhere and I think it's a team that in the very near future has a chance to be special."
    On why he threw passes at the team facility on the day he signed:

"I had already been meeting with (Darrell) Bevell and some of the other offensive coaches, watching some film with them. And we went to lunch and John Schneider asked me if I wouldn't mind throwing, because none of the coaches up there really knew me. Schneider was the only person that knew me, obviously from Green Bay. So no one had ever seen me play live, only thing they knew was the limited film I had. So he just asked, ‘Hey, the guys would kinda like to see you throw. Would you mind doing it?' And I didn't mind at all. I said, ‘Sure, let's do it. I don't have anything to hide, but let's go do it.' So I went out there and threw and it was real relaxed, it wasn't anything extremely formal. We went out there and just threw some balls, did some dropbacks and that was about it. It wasn't anything too formal, too serious. It was pretty chill and pretty relaxed."
    Pretty encouraging. The fact that he chose to come to Seattle, a team that he had few real connections with, over Miami where his former coach resides, is encouraging to me.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...-qb-situations

For any of you that missed it. This what stands out most for me.

Tarvaris Jackson played well and he was injured, and he exceeded my expectations, but that is as good as he is going to play. He is still a liability more than an asset. Flynn can get to a point where he can be more of an asset than a liability.
    And this is exactly how I see it. Flynn will make T-Jack better IMO as well. Everyone needs competition at the QB position unless you actually have that franchise QB...

Quote Originally Posted by Freezer Weasel View Post
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...-qb-situations

For any of you that missed it. This what stands out most for me.

And this is exactly how I see it. Flynn will make T-Jack better IMO as well. Everyone needs competition at the QB position unless you actually have that franchise QB...
    Yeah, that quote sums up perfectly how I feel. I actually gained quite a bit of respect for Tarvaris over the course of last season, but he is what he is.
    "Personal foul, 69, offense. He was giving him the business."

JMR is offline defender of the high life
    Dolphins management is saying the Flynn no-sign was half his decision and half theirs.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

That organization seems a bit rudderless right now. Almost a sure thing in my opinion they'll be chasing their money on draft day and go all in on Tannehill.
    U MAD BRO??

Quote Originally Posted by JMR View Post
    Dolphins management is saying the Flynn no-sign was half his decision and half theirs.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

That organization seems a bit rudderless right now. Almost a sure thing in my opinion they'll be chasing their money on draft day and go all in on Tannehill.
    Gonna be interesting, because we play the Dolphins in Miami this season.

Obviously a slow point of the off-season (very boring!!!). Now, some of these teams will have improved pass defenses, but is interesting nonetheless. Might be nice if they actually had our head coach right. I still think Flynn wins this competition when this is all said and done.

S -- As in Starter, something Matt Flynn has been called just twice since joining the NFL five years ago. But now, under head coach Norv Turner, Flynn is handed the keys to 22nd-ranked passing offense from 2011. Early success could make Flynn an early waiver-wire pickup. The Seahawks' early schedule sets up well for Flynn. Here are the pass defense rankings for Seattle's 2012 opponents:

• Week 1 -- at Arizona (17th)
    • Week 2 -- Dallas (23rd)
    • Week 3 -- Green Bay (32nd)
    • Week 4 -- at St. Louis (7th)
    • Week 5 -- at Carolina (24th)
    • Week 6 -- New England (31st)
    • Week 7 -- at San Francisco (16th)
    • Week 8 -- at Detroit (22nd)
    • Week 9 -- Minnesota (26th)
    • Average for first nine weeks: 22nd-ranked pass defenses
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1yYyKsKLG

Quote Originally Posted by Freezer Weasel View Post
    Obviously a slow point of the off-season (very boring!!!). Now, some of these teams will have improved pass defenses, but is interesting nonetheless. Might be nice if they actually had our head coach right. I still think Flynn wins this competition when this is all said and done.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1yYyKsKLG
    Norv Turner?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456