Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 90
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Outside Buddy-ville
    Posts
    15,554
    Quote Originally Posted by Anointed One View Post
    Then I definitely wouldn't be happy with them putting all their eggs into the Flynn basket... We did that last year with Jackson/CBJ and now we're stuck with Flynn... How many teams' backups are we going to go after before we get our QBOTF?
    Compared to Luck/RGIII Flynn suffers but those guys weren't realistic anyways.

    Compared to Tannehill? Different strengths and weaknesses but I see Flynn looking better in that comparison, especially for 2012.

    Cousins, Osweiler, etc. If PC/JS aren't sold on these guys taking one just to take a QBotF would be silly, especially if it would cost a top-50 pick.

    I'm not saying you're wrong because Flynn is an unknown, and without grabbing Flynn I would have been right there with you in decrying a lack of movement on the QB front. But I'm willing to give them a pass now that we have a legit bridge QB on the roster, something Jackson isn't and never will be.

    Even if Flynn is just a good backup, it's a serious step up from what we've had on the roster since about 2007 (one weekend in January 2011 excepted).
    "Personal foul, 69, offense. He was giving him the business."

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    40,837
    Quote Originally Posted by McGruffHawk View Post
    I'm interested to see what kind of strides Portis is making. I really get the feeling they are comfortable with developing his raw talent.
    Hmmm, good point...

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    40,837
    Quote Originally Posted by MKHawk View Post
    Compared to Luck/RGIII Flynn suffers but those guys weren't realistic anyways.

    Compared to Tannehill? Different strengths and weaknesses but I see Flynn looking better in that comparison, especially for 2012.

    Cousins, Osweiler, etc. If PC/JS aren't sold on these guys taking one just to take a QBotF would be silly, especially if it would cost a top-50 pick.

    I'm not saying you're wrong because Flynn is an unknown, and without grabbing Flynn I would have been right there with you in decrying a lack of movement on the QB front. But I'm willing to give them a pass now that we have a legit bridge QB on the roster, something Jackson isn't and never will be.

    Even if Flynn is just a good backup, it's a serious step up from what we've had on the roster since about 2007 (one weekend in January 2011 excepted).
    I definitely don't want Osweiler or Weeden... I don't wan't the Hawks to use up a first on Tann if he's there in the 2nd, different story... I would like mgmt to draft either Wilson or K. Moore...

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Outside Buddy-ville
    Posts
    15,554
    Quote Originally Posted by Anointed One View Post
    I definitely don't want Osweiler or Weeden... I don't wan't the Hawks to use up a first on Tann if he's there in the 2nd, different story... I would like mgmt to draft either Wilson or K. Moore...
    Those two could still happen, I think, because both will still be available on Day 3.
    "Personal foul, 69, offense. He was giving him the business."

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hoboken NJ
    Posts
    56,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Anointed One View Post
    If we dont' draft a QB this year, I won't be very happy with the signing of Flynn...
    Well I don't see who we realistically could draft that would provide a notably better chance of succeeding than Flynn. I don't see Wilson, for instance, as providing us more than Flynn.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    40,837
    Quote Originally Posted by flyerhawk View Post
    Well I don't see who we realistically could draft that would provide a notably better chance of succeeding than Flynn. I don't see Wilson, for instance, as providing us more than Flynn.
    Wilson would provide a backup plan if Flynn doesn't pan out... I'm not knocking the signing, i'm just not that excited about his potential like most of you are...

    Carroll's job is based on Flynn panning out... He's the 3rd qb starting in as many years under Carroll... If Flynn doesn't pan out, we'll be looking for not only another QB, but another HC...
    Last edited by Anointed One; 03-19-2012 at 05:03 PM.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Puyallup, Washington
    Posts
    27,872
    Quote Originally Posted by McGruffHawk View Post
    He reminds me a bit of Hass, actually.
    Exactly what I thought too. Sub-par deep ball, WC guy, accurate, GB drafted and bred...a lot of parallels.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Puyallup, Washington
    Posts
    27,872
    The reason I love this signing is that there is virtually no risk. Worst case scenario, Flynn is a total bust and we're back to Jackson, out a measly 10 million and NO draft picks.

    Flynn has at least produced in an NFL game. That's more than Tannehill (who I actually like), Weeden, Osweiler or any of those guys. I'll take my chances with Flynn, with zero draft picks and such a cap friendly deal.

    Obviously we're not going to be a pass-happy team like GB or NE, but now Lynch has a guy who can at least take a little pressure off him.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Puyallup, Washington
    Posts
    27,872
    Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post
    I wonder what that cost Flynn.
    Softy (KJR): Doug, you getting anything for giving up #15?

    Doug: Another Quarterback for the team.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    In a theatre near you.
    Posts
    16,411
    Quote Originally Posted by seahawksfan837 View Post
    Softy (KJR): Doug, you getting anything for giving up #15?

    Doug: Another Quarterback for the team.
    I love that kid...
    "I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference."

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    In a theatre near you.
    Posts
    16,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Anointed One View Post
    Carroll's job is based on Flynn panning out... He's the 3rd qb starting in as many years under Carroll... If Flynn doesn't pan out, we'll be looking for not only another QB, but another HC...
    I don't know if that's necessarily true. The team clearly isn't all in on Flynn, so if he fails the team isn't out much. Of course if the team isn't in position to draft a true franchise QB (top 5 pick) he could very well be right...flucked...
    "I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference."

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,880

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    40,837
    Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post
    I don't know if that's necessarily true. The team clearly isn't all in on Flynn, so if he fails the team isn't out much. Of course if the team isn't in position to draft a true franchise QB (top 5 pick) he could very well be right...flucked...
    I was just thinking that if he doesn't pan out, will he be given more time to try and groom another QB 6 years into his tenure as HC? I guess it all depends on our record and success... However if we have those, then Flynn was definitely doing his job during the 3 years of his contract...

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    In a theatre near you.
    Posts
    16,411
    I see what you're getting at. I just don't think it'll take three years to decide if Flynn is it or not. One season. Perhaps two. I can't imagine that if there is still a question about him being a legit QB by the end of the '13 season that he'll be around to see 2014.
    "I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference."

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    40,837
    Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post
    I see what you're getting at. I just don't think it'll take three years to decide if Flynn is it or not. One season. Perhaps two. I can't imagine that if there is still a question about him being a legit QB by the end of the '13 season that he'll be around to see 2014.
    That's assuming he starts week 1, which I would assume... I know Carroll will say that it's open competition between he and Tjax but we all know that Flynn is going to be the starter regardless, no? I think mgmt would take some heat if they started Tjax over a healthy Flynn week one of the season...

    Carroll said today that he had anointed Tjax the starter prior to training camp last season over CBJ because of the shortened season... He said that it's an open competition with Tjax/Flynn going into the season... Hard to imagine that Flynn won't be the guy starting...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Fantasy Football Rankings


Part of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties.