Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbelt View Post
    The whole world. It's some doomsday / planetary alignment bull**** where the earth's axis will supposedly tilt 5 degrees.
    That's Dec. 21, and there has been axis realignment in the world's history. Either way, it won't happen. Planetary alignment may, but it won't throw off our axis.

No, this is a separate doomsday prediction. Astrology based.
    Go check some YouTube videos on March 22.
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

Big one hit Mexico today....7.6'er....

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/worl...ts-mexico.html
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Off by 3 days. It actually hit on the 19th.

There was a 7+ earthquake on March 14th in Japan.

These earthquakes happen frequently. It's not a big deal, and his prediction was no good.

So, unless there's another one coming... he was wrong.
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

Yeah, he didn't offer specifics.

Like I could say that there will be a BIG tornado on March 31st....
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquak...ig.php#listtop

That's a list of all the 5.0 + earthquakes worldwide in just the last 7 days. There have been 29 events. Happens every day, somewhere. It's the same every week.

Other than Japan and now Mexico, this year, there were also 7+ on:
    January 10, Magnitude 7.2 - Northern Sumatra
    Feb 2, Magnitude 7.1 - Vanatu
    Last edited by Superbelt; 03-20-2012 at 08:24 PM.

Dp

Well, it was pretty big here. Not much damage, but part of that being more horizontal than vertical, but I remembered this thread. Pretty crazy. It was frightening and fairly major really.

Yeah but it didn't happen on the exact day (is it even the 22nd yet?) and besides big earthquakes happen a lot.
    “Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth, for being correct, for being you. Never apologize for being correct, or for being years ahead of your time. If you’re right and you know it, speak your mind. Speak your mind. Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is still the truth.” -Gandhi

Rational skepticism is not the same thing as being a conspiracy theorist.

Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream. -Muggeridge

Interesting that it happened, but not quite the right day. Still interesting.

Why make the prediction?
    "There were many ways of not burdening one's conscience, of shunning responsibility, looking away, keeping mum. When the unspeakable truth of the holocaust then became known at the end of the war, all too many of us claimed that they had not known anything about it or even suspected anything."

- Richard Von Weizsaecker

What time zone? Local to the earthquake, or us here NFL land?
    If the majority distributes among itself the things of a minority, it is evident that it will destroy the city. --Aristotle
    If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves. - Thomas Edison

Maybe it'll happen in Wisconsin...

Sleepless families in a small Wisconsin town longed for quiet Wednesday after mysterious booming noises over the past few nights roused them from bed and sent residents into the street - sometimes still in pajamas.

The strange disturbance sounds like distant thunder, fireworks or someone slamming a heavy door. At first, many people were amused or merely curious. But after three restless nights, aggravation is mounting. And some folks are considering leaving town until investigators determine the source of the racket.
    The city is also investigating geological causes. Officials plan to bring in vibration-detection devices to try to determine the epicenter of any underground activity.
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...03-21-18-05-14
    If the majority distributes among itself the things of a minority, it is evident that it will destroy the city. --Aristotle
    If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves. - Thomas Edison

Well, Japan and Australia are out as it's already the 23rd there. China is about to roll over as well.

East coast and beyond is saved, it's the 23rd now. Hawaii will be sitting on the edge of their seats for the next 6 hours.

AV, are you going to point at the premature Mexican quake and claim victory or hold out for one to happen today/tomorrow and then use that for victory?
    A Drinking Team with a Cycling Problem

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast