Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What would you need to trade down?

It looks like Cleveland and Miami may still need QBs going into the draft. Cleveland swap would be ideal but I'm not sure what they would really do, if anything. If Tannenhill has a great workout he may be a top 5 pick, not sure on that, but its possible.

I'd be happy to take a 3rd or even 4th to drop 1 spot as long as they wouldn't take Kalil.

To trade with Miami, I'd need next year's 1st, this year's 2nd, and possible another future pick.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...p-5-draft-pick

If cleveland would trade while promising not to take Kalil, I would take almost anything. 4th, 5th rounder, who cares. Get the guy you want, get an extra pick, pay a bit less salary. Win, win, win.

Where is Miami at, 8th or 9th? It would take ALOT to get me to drop that far.

If Tannenhill goes top 5, I am going to laugh my ass off.

There is some sort of strange draft QB bubble that has been created in the last year that pretty much resembles the housing bubble that caused the economic collapse.

That actually might work out really well for us if Ponder fails because in 2 years no team is going to be able to take a QB in the first round because of the idiotic commitments made to young guys on their roster which is going to cause certain QB's to be underdrafted in the future.

As far as the trade down, I am with CV that a move down with Cle getting little in return would be just fine as long as they agreed to not take Kalil. If we were dropping down to the 8th spot, it would take a future 1st + at least a 3rd in this year's draft. If we did drop down that far, I would love to see them target Kuechly as a future leader of our defense. The problem with it is that we still would have one of the worst OL's moving forward after that.

I'd be pretty happy with Riley Reiff, Michael Brockers, or David DeCastro at Miami's pick plus the 1st and 2nd I would require tomove the pick.

Agree re swapping with Cleveland - a 3rd rounder to move one spot would be fine. I wouldn't want to drop to 8th, but there's no realistic chance that Miami would give up that pick plus a 1st and 2d, is there? I know what Wash gave StL, but there's a pretty big gulf between RGIII and Tanniehill.

Of course, we could just have them give us Jake Long and their #8 pick...

It's sort of a moot point since I'd want more than the pick is worth. I don't see anybody giving up a Redskins-like bounty and if they aren't, I want to go with the virtually sure thing. Reiff has just added questions although I don't know about deCastro or others. I don't expect anybody to panic that much (Miami could still get Flynn), but if we do get two firsts (one next year) and a second, I'd take that.

And yeah, I'm absolutely staggered that Tannehill might go top 5. I see him as an equivalent talent-level to Ponder, just with a different skill-set.

Miami is going to sign Flynn. I can only see somebody moving up for Blackmon or Richardson.

Reiff measured really short arms (for a LT anyway) at the combine, that concerns me some. Not sure any guard is worth a Top 10 pick.

I also think they will sign Flynn, making it a moot point.

Honestly at this point I am just happy with Kalil. It will be really nice and help A TON in future years if we can just cross LT off of our "need" list. And the fact that Kalil legitametly has the upside to be one of the better LT is just the sugar on top. I would seriously think about making a trade down (especially knowing we are probably going to be picking in the top 10 again next year for sure) but I do really like Kalil and hope he is the pick come draft time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseland Vike View Post
    Reiff measured really short arms (for a LT anyway) at the combine, that concerns me some. Not sure any guard is worth a Top 10 pick.
    He was overrated heading into the draft process and is slowly sliding down the board into an area where he deserves to be drafted at. IMO he doesn't go in the top 10. The only thing that could help him is that there aren't a lot of really stellar, safe picks at after us at #3.

Flynn looks like he is going to Seattle so Miami may have no QB to speak of....

I would swap with Cleveland (to block Miami) for their 3rd, unless Miami blew me away with their offer. I am thinking swapping firsts and picking up their 2nd and 3rd this year also.

By the way, Tannehill is going to be good. I bet he would have outranked Ponder if he had been in last years' draft class. The fact that he is so new to the position and still has excelled is what true "upside" is all about.

Go11

Pat Devlin from Delaware is the only QB on the Miami roster. If Flynn goes to Seattle they literally have no QB.

We should do everything possible to make that work in our favor.

Go11

if i'm leaving the 3 and kalil, I'm gonna need at least another 1st and some more. cleveland's not gonna trade with us...
    Bleeding Purple since 1977

If move out of the Kalil selection you take DeCastro not Reiff. Gotta go BPA.

The only way I can see a trade down is if either Tampa Bay or St. Louis wants either Claiborne or Blackmon very badly. And, they are fearful that Cleveland with take either guy so they trade with the Vikings to jump ahead of Cleveland. St. Louis would have to cough up their 2nd round pick for certain but that could mean that Kalil, Blackmon, and Claiborne are all of the board at that point so that becomes a bit of a risk. Tampa Bay might only have to give up a
    3rd round and a 5th round this year and something next year but it would also assure us of getting either Kalil or Claiborne/Blackmon.

I suppose a team like Cincinnati with two first rounders could also jump in if the Vikings think they could fill two holes next year. But the Vikings need a LT so badly and Kalil is the only one that I can see who could become a starter on day one next season. It's tempting to trade down but Kalil is such an obvious pick at a position of huge need, why pass unless someone really, really over pays. I think DeCastro will become a Pro Bowl caliber OG but that still leaves us without a LT. I am very down of Reiff and the OT from Stanford as LT's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast