Trade deadline thread

Couple deals going down:

- The Portland Trail Blazers have agreed in principle to trade Gerald Wallace to the New Jersey Nets for Mehmet Okur, Shawne Williams and a protected first-round pick, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

- The Los Angeles Lakers have acquired point guard Ramon Sessions from the Cleveland Cavaliers as part of a multi-player deal that will bring the Cavs the Lakers’ 2012 first-round pick, according to league sources.

The Cavs also will send young wing player Christian Eyenga to the Lakers and veteran forward Luke Walton will be going to the Cavs. The Lakers’ will keep their draft pick this year if they miss the playoffs. As part of the deal, the Lakers also will have the right to swap first-round draft position in 2013 with the Miami Heat’s first round pick, which the Cavs own.

- The Golden State Warriors have used Stephen Jackson to land a first-round pick and Richard Jefferson from the San Antonio Spurs, according to league sources.

- Veteran center Marcus Camby is on the move again, this time to Houston to join the Houston that continues the Portland Trail Blazers’ roster trade deadline roster makeover. The Trail Blazers will get Hasheem Thabeet and point guard Jonny Flynn from the Rockets.

- The Los Angeles Lakers have traded veteran guard Derek Fisher to the Houston Rockets in exchange for forward Jordan Hill, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.The Rockets also will receive the 2012 first-round pick the Lakers acquired from the Dallas Mavericks in the Lamar Odom trade.

Yahoo! Sports reports that center Nene has been traded as part of a three-team deal. Nene goes to the Wizards, center JaVale McGee is headed to Denver and guard Nick Young is going to the Clippers. Brian Cook is also headed from the Clippers to Washington.

Wizards flushing out some of the CRAP on this roster. Not done but it's a good start.
    ----------------------

if you want to follow me you should know
    I was lost then and I'm lost now
    And I doubt I'll ever know which way to go

Rockets have a solid lineup: Camby / Scola / Parsons / Martin / Lowry with five solid backups at each position: Dalembert / Patterson / Budinger / Courtney Lee / Dragic. They're a dangerous team versus someone who lacks depth.

More active deadline than I expected. Didn't see Nene getting moved, thats huge. Wizards are headed in the right direction with him and Wall.

Lakers getting Sessions is very nice, they needed someone who could create some offense and run the point.

Wallace to the Nets is a good move too. A perimeter guy to run with Williams. If Lopez ever gets healthy again, they have a solid squad going.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

I really don't understand what Golden State was thinking.

They must really feel that Bogut can come back and be really good again over the next two years. With chips like Ellis and Udoh, I am just surprised they couldn't find a safer deal than what they eventually pulled off.

Its a gamble for sure, but I love it myself. I don't think they had much chance of winning with that roster and I don't see many teams out there that would be willing to give more for Elliss, or Udoh. A true 2 way C like Bogut is the hardest piece to find so I can understand going out and making the move for one. It may turn out to be a colossal bust of a move, but its a gamble with potential to pay off .
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff