Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    Seriously, how bad are the rest of the players if Anthony Davis's team only won 6 games in HS?
    That's unfathomable.

Thomas is not a ball handler. Running him on ISO isn't going to be that effective.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    Thomas is not a ball handler. Running him on ISO isn't going to be that effective.
    I wasn't suggesting he imitate Draymond Green, but I think he's good enough with the ball to challenge Robinson, and maybe get him to draw a cheap foul or two, which given KU's lack of "bigs" and scoring depth, could have been huge. Even if you disagree on that, I think the other points were valid.

I also think Craft's mistake at the end of the first half was HUGE. Even if you don't put that directly on the coach, it's in that realm.

It seemed to be that Thomas did most of his work in a middle post up or actually running around on the catch, not a lot of iso work.

I do get the idea. I'm just not sure Thomas couldv'e executed it.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

From the high post could have been an option as well. ISO drive, even just a pump fake on the three and a couple dribbles in to take a mid-ranged jumper. Anything to force Robinson to have to play more on-ball defense. I don't think they made him work nearly as much as they could with Thomas on the court, and he certainly wasn't having to do much when he wasn't. Hell, even run some pick/roll, pick/cut, etc. with Bufford/Craft and Thomas.
    Last edited by Xulu Bak; 04-03-2012 at 04:44 AM.

Maybe Kansas was psychologically jarred from The Fray's National Anthem.

Didn't watch..... Didn't care.
    "Yeah, everything that guy just said is Bullsh!t..... Thank you.." -Vincent LaGuardia Gambini-

I'm just hoping Cal doesn't find a way to get Noel and Shabazz Muhammed.

- Ghandi

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213