Page 2 of 238 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 3561
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Promised Land
    Posts
    37,535
    Zimmerman described Martin as suspicious because he was wearing a hooded sweatshirt and walking slowly in the rain, police later told residents at a town hall.

    A dispatcher told him to wait for a police cruiser, and not leave his vehicle.

    But about a minute later, Zimmerman left his car wearing a red sweatshirt and pursued Martin on foot between two rows of townhouses, about 70 yards from where the teen was going.
    So the deal is this vigilante can't fight. He accosted someone because they were walking slowly in the rain. Maybe that's why he had his hood on. Wow.

    Now every murder is by default self defense unless police have evidence that it's not? Wow.
    Last edited by RayClay; 03-15-2012 at 04:53 PM.
    I've got binders full of women
    and a one point plan.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Promised Land
    Posts
    37,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    ok, so it looks like the police are sorting through things because of this crappy law. Can't fault the kid's family for wanting justice but I can't be critical of the police at this point either.
    Florida is still part of the United States, right? Shouldn't the alleged murderer (in the other 49 or less states) be required to prove self defense?
    I've got binders full of women
    and a one point plan.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Alpharetta Ga.
    Posts
    12,191
    Quote Originally Posted by RayClay View Post
    So the deal is this vigilante can't fight. He accosted someone because they were walking slowly in the rain. Maybe that's why he had his hood on. Wow.

    Now every murder is by default self defense unless police have evidence that it's not? Wow.
    Yikes.

    I think this kid has a better argument to self-defense than the shooter does. I mean: he is just walking down the street, minding his own business... and some dude who is packing heat starts pursuing him and (presumably) gets in his face?

    I hope the shooter gets justice.
    Although it is said that our faith concerns matters which are obscure, the reasons for embracing the faith are not obscure but on the contrary are clearer than any natural light.
    -Descartes

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    25,294
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmaniac View Post

    I hope the shooter gets justice.
    Yes, this is a very sad story and justice needs to be done because this Zimmerman has issues...
    Ignorance is those who disparage believers....12 They will come and shout for joy on the heights of Zion; they will rejoice in the bounty of the LORD—the grain, the new wine and the olive oil, the young of the flocks and herds. They will be like a well-watered garden, and they will sorrow no more.
    13 Then young women will dance and be glad, young men and old as well. I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Promised Land
    Posts
    37,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmaniac View Post
    Yikes.

    I think this kid has a better argument to self-defense than the shooter does. I mean: he is just walking down the street, minding his own business... and some dude who is packing heat starts pursuing him and (presumably) gets in his face?

    I hope the shooter gets justice.
    Exactly. The only reason it's an issue seems to be he tackled an athlete who flipped him and was beating his ass.

    Nevertheless, the broader point is that stupid laws like this require interpretation by police rather than law enforcement.
    I've got binders full of women
    and a one point plan.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,267
    http://www.loop21.com/life/neighborh...ld-joseph-kony


    Here's a photo of Zimmerman for those of you (like me) who feel the need to satisfy your curiosity.
    I'm tryin' to explain to you that Ronald Reagan was the devil. Ronald Wilson Reagan? Each of his names has six letters? 6-6-6? Man, doesn't that offend you?

    -Huey Freeman

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    The Boondocks
    Posts
    38,113
    Quote Originally Posted by RayClay View Post
    Nevertheless, the broader point is that stupid laws like this require interpretation by police rather than law enforcement.
    From the multiple links in the thread. It seems this man did everything to initiate and create the confrontation. Including disregarding the police dispatcher's instructions not to engage and wait for a police officer.

    Doesn't seem like there's a whole lot to interpret here.
    The world is a toll-free toilet
    Our mouths neurological ass0s
    And psychologically speaking
    We're in a state of mental diarrhea
    Talking sh*t a mile a minute
    Or in a state of constipated notions
    Can't think of nothin' but sh*t, and in this world of stinky futures
    Sh*tty memories and constipated 19 now-nows
    Emerges from the hiney of your head the doo doo chasers
    The Promentalsh*tbackwashpsychosisenemasquad
    Bringing you music to get your sh*t together by

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    The Boondocks
    Posts
    38,113
    Quote Originally Posted by mavfan2390 View Post
    http://www.loop21.com/life/neighborh...ld-joseph-kony


    Here's a photo of Zimmerman for those of you (like me) who feel the need to satisfy your curiosity.
    If both those photos are current of the man and the kid. I'm even more stunned now that the kid could hold his own, much less get the advantage over the man in a physical confrontation.

    Oh, and thanks for the pics. I was curious as well.
    The world is a toll-free toilet
    Our mouths neurological ass0s
    And psychologically speaking
    We're in a state of mental diarrhea
    Talking sh*t a mile a minute
    Or in a state of constipated notions
    Can't think of nothin' but sh*t, and in this world of stinky futures
    Sh*tty memories and constipated 19 now-nows
    Emerges from the hiney of your head the doo doo chasers
    The Promentalsh*tbackwashpsychosisenemasquad
    Bringing you music to get your sh*t together by

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    'Philly'
    Posts
    55,241
    I'm not surprised that the Zimmer guy has not been arrested - yet. TWO weeks? You guys think that's a long time for the DA and police to put these pieces together?

    I swear y'all watch too much TV.
    I promise I won't do it again

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    'Philly'
    Posts
    55,241
    And apparently according to the thread title - this is a hate crime. I must have missed the racial issues put forth.

    Did Zimmer call him a niggger then shoot him? huh? Which link? Sorry , I did not read them all.
    I promise I won't do it again

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    20,254
    I dunno about you guys, but I'm always suspicious of hooded people walking in the rain...no matter their race!
    Tell me where the bomb is or I will kill your son.

    "Responsibility without conviction is weak, but it is sane. Conviction without responsibility, in the current incarnation of the Republican Party, is raving mad."

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    'Philly'
    Posts
    55,241
    I'm suspicious of the gender of Mummers.
    I promise I won't do it again

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Promised Land
    Posts
    37,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Breed View Post
    From the multiple links in the thread. It seems this man did everything to initiate and create the confrontation. Including disregarding the police dispatcher's instructions not to engage and wait for a police officer.

    Doesn't seem like there's a whole lot to interpret here.
    There's a damn lot of interpretation in this statute. You can't bring back this persons life, but it's just a start when you enact ridiculous laws like this.
    According to the statute, a person in Florida is justified in using deadly force against another if he or she "reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony."
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...-defense-laws/
    I've got binders full of women
    and a one point plan.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Southeast
    Posts
    46,797
    Quote Originally Posted by RayClay View Post
    Exactly. The only reason it's an issue seems to be he tackled an athlete who flipped him and was beating his ass.

    Nevertheless, the broader point is that stupid laws like this require interpretation by police rather than law enforcement.
    Aren't police law enforcement?
    "Biologists must constantly keep in mind that what they see was not designed but rather evolved." - Francis Crick.

    "For since the creation of the world, God's invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

    "It's one reason I hate reading what Tyke writes. It just annoys the hell out of me." - Big Pink Monkey

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Southeast
    Posts
    46,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Raid View Post
    And apparently according to the thread title - this is a hate crime. I must have missed the racial issues put forth.

    Did Zimmer call him a niggger then shoot him? huh? Which link? Sorry , I did not read them all.
    Assuming a hooded black person is a criminal and has no business in "your" neighborhood suggests racism.

    However, that's going to be hard to prove in court because I don't know if suspicion is enough to establish a hate crime.
    "Biologists must constantly keep in mind that what they see was not designed but rather evolved." - Francis Crick.

    "For since the creation of the world, God's invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

    "It's one reason I hate reading what Tyke writes. It just annoys the hell out of me." - Big Pink Monkey

Page 2 of 238 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Part of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties.