Page 75 of 238 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 3561
    Quote Originally Posted by Davekn View Post
    Nobody interested in my comment about Spike Lee?
    I've hated Spike Lee since he was the marketing genius behind popularizing iso/showboating over team play in the NBA.

By the time I realized the great positive social significance of making a black guy that popular among people of all races, my negative views of Lee were unfortunately locked in.
    APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

Quote Originally Posted by Davekn View Post
    OK this was a nice analogy.

Nobody interested in my comment about Spike Lee?
    It has its own thread.
    I'm your mama, I'm your daddy
    I'm that nigga in the alley
    I'm your doctor when in need
    Want some coke, have some weed
    You know me, I'm your friend
    Your main boy, thick and thin

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

Ain't I clean, bad machine
    Super cool, super mean
    Dealin' good for the Man,
    Superfly, here I stand
    Secret stash, heavy bread
    Baddest bitches in the bed

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

Double post

Spike Lee and I double posted your wife last night. As far as I can as I remember, she never called for a foul.
    Occupying the handicap bathroom stall

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    Spike Lee and I double posted your wife last night. As far as I can as I remember, she never called for a foul.
    Yes she did, She called a double dribble penality. You didn't hear it, because you had already fallen asleep before she blew the whistle.
    As smart as the internet

We're all Bozo's on this bus.~FST

Quote Originally Posted by Grimjack View Post
    Yes she did, She called a double dribble penality. You didn't hear it, because you had already fallen asleep before she blew the whistle.
    You guys are really out of bounds.
    APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

There was also the palming the ball incident between Spike and Marley.
    As smart as the internet

Quote Originally Posted by Grimjack View Post
    Are you sure it wasn't a 24 second violation?
    I'm tryin' to explain to you that Ronald Reagan was the devil. Ronald Wilson Reagan? Each of his names has six letters? 6-6-6? Man, doesn't that offend you?

-Huey Freeman

Mrs Marley should be so lucky
    Last edited by Grimjack; 03-29-2012 at 07:08 PM.
    As smart as the internet

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan2003 View Post
    It's hard to see how some form of racism, bias or racial prejudice wasn't a factor here. This wasn't the first time he reported blacks to 911.
    We've been told by KFFL'ers familiar with the area that it's highly diverse. We've also been told that he's make 40+ called to 911. It stands to reason that some of those calls were regarding blacks. In fact, if they only involved whites I'd suspect he hated white people.

If all those calls were regarding blacks, then I agree he's likely a racist.

However, there is no data point in this shooting that indicates that Zimmerman is racist or than the fact that Martin is black.
    A Drinking Team with a Cycling Problem

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...vAjS_blog.html has some details on the case I hadn't seen before.

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

Quote Originally Posted by The Cryin Lion View Post
    We've been told by KFFL'ers familiar with the area that it's highly diverse. We've also been told that he's make 40+ called to 911. It stands to reason that some of those calls were regarding blacks. In fact, if they only involved whites I'd suspect he hated white people.

If all those calls were regarding blacks, then I agree he's likely a racist.

However, there is no data point in this shooting that indicates that Zimmerman is racist or than the fact that Martin is black.
    Reporters are obviously under the impression without having a precise count that a huge majority of the 911 calls were about blacks.

Not all were about people with identifiable races, or about people at all, and not all the ones about people were about blacks. But it seems as if a very large fraction of the ones that weren't just about open doors or whatever (I forget the details of any info about non-person calls) were about blacks.

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

Quote Originally Posted by AndromedaPatFan View Post
    Reporters are obviously under the impression without having a precise count that a huge majority of the 911 calls were about blacks.
    But you know reporters are trying to spin this because it improves ratings.

If they give hard numbers and data regarding local demographics then you can make up a reasonable opinion. If 50% were about blacks and the area is ~ 50% black, then no biggie. If 20% of the popluation is black and 50% of the calls were about blacks then there may be something to it.

Anything less substantial is assumption.
    A Drinking Team with a Cycling Problem

Quote Originally Posted by The Cryin Lion View Post
    But you know reporters are trying to spin this because it improves ratings.

If they give hard numbers and data regarding local demographics then you can make up a reasonable opinion. If 50% were about blacks and the area is ~ 50% black, then no biggie. If 20% of the popluation is black and 50% of the calls were about blacks then there may be something to it.

Anything less substantial is assumption.
    The impression is that 80%ish were about blacks, or more.

I don't think a nearly complete list has ever been released, however.

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

http://gawker.com/5897485/white-supr...ium=socialflow

People have been getting into Trayvon Martin's email accounts and so on. If I read the article correctly, he was concerned with normal teenage things, like college applications and weed.

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

Page 75 of 238 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast