Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Sadly no Henne no longer he signed with Jax..
    If you're not mad as hell you're not paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSeahawk View Post
    I was actually starting to get on board with Chad Henne; kind of disappointed he signed with Jacksonville. I would love Blaine Gabbert, but Henne isn't good enough to make him expendable.

Not a lot of QB options left. We arn't getting Peyton. I'm lukewarm on Flynn. Would still be all over Tebow if Peyton signs with Denver. I'm starting to get concerned that Tarvaris Jackson is actually going to QB this team again next season. We may be stuck reaching for Tannehill at #12, or hoping that Cousins/Osweiler/Weeden can be this year's Andy Dalton.
    Sadly I was in favor of signing Henne over Flynn... I'm not sold on Flynn at all... IMO, both Henne and Flynn aren't going to be any better than what we rolled w/ last season...

But if anyone knows Flynn, it's Schneider... I think too many people are caught up in the, "it worked for Hass when we traded for him w/ Green Bat, why wouldn't it work for Flynn..."

Quote Originally Posted by Freezer Weasel View Post
    And is it just me, is Homers.net full of a bunch of cry babies?
    I can barely stomach homers.net anymore. ugh...

I'm torn on Futch. I know he would be good for this team but at the same time I can't forgive him for sticking it to the Hawks with the poison pill.

Yep, but the first time he slobberknocks some opposing LB opening a lane for Lynch all will be forgiven, but not forgotten.

If we think about Hutchinson however imagine if we had just kept him and he'd continued to play at his normal high level. Just think about all the cap $, wasted draft picks, failed FAs and constant churn that has occurred at LG since he left. Ruskell was galactically stupid not to have franchised him and to have tried to save the approx $300 K differential by not doing so. In retrospect that one move showed beyond all his other dumb moves how incompetent Timmay was as a GM. Here it is 7 years afterward the screw-up and we still don't have the guy who will man the post for the near foreseeable future. Each of Womack, Sims, Wahle, Gibson, Spencer, Polumbus, Gallery, McQuistan, and Carpenter along with a few others I can't remember (4th rd guy{EDIT; Manny Wrotto} who went to Buffalo as one) have all cycled through the spot, .Com says it's been 12 guys. Besides Carpenter who is hurt and, McQuistan who is a solid utilityman but not truly a starter we've spent quite a few draft picks and have spent a goodly amount of cap to replace one guy who it would have been easy to keep instead of a soft running RB at the end of his career.

Somehow though I suspect we won't sign Futch who will want more than a 34 yr. old OG should get. Maybe he'll sign but I won't obsess about it either way.
    Last edited by jammer; 03-15-2012 at 10:31 PM.

Mario Williams has apparently signed a 6yr deal with Buffalo, as per PFT

So the first player to visit us with his first FA visit will be Matt Flynn. At this stage my belief is we will be shopped as he tries to whipsaw an offer from Cleveland or Miami. However if JS believes he is 'the guy' the others will have to get into the bidding quickly to hold us off. Frankly Flynn would be better off here than he'd be in the other two spots b/c of our running game and the young OLine, with an up and coming D.

Time will tell.

One player I really don't want to get away after his visit today is Jason Jones however b/c he would give the team a quality interior 3 and 5 tech pass rusher.

I don't think Flynn is "using us" at all. I think he's interested, as well he should be. Compare our offensive weapons to Miami and Cleveland! In all three spots he's got a good opportunity to start, but neither of those teams has near ouor offensive upside. That's not a compliment to us . . . its just that they are that bad!

With Mario off the market and Peyton not interested, there are five players the Hawks should be focusing on: Flynn, Jones, Hutch, Hawthorne, and M-Rob. If we can get these guys locked up, I would consider it an A+ offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by McGruffHawk View Post
    I don't think Flynn is "using us" at all. I think he's interested, as well he should be. Compare our offensive weapons to Miami and Cleveland! In all three spots he's got a good opportunity to start, but neither of those teams has near ouor offensive upside. That's not a compliment to us . . . its just that they are that bad!
    I'm sure with Holmgren's tie's to GB he's going to be making a huge push for Flynn as well... He's gotta be desperate at this point to land a QB... Flynn fit's his style and vision for their offense...

Quote Originally Posted by jammer View Post
    Mario Williams has apparently signed a 6yr deal with Buffalo, as per PFT
    A lot of risk/reward for now the highest paid defensive player ($96 million with $50 million guaranteed). Would have liked him, but we will have a lot of good defenders up for new contracts in the next few years, which a contract like this really would hinder down the road...
    Common sense is not so common. ~ Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Anointed One View Post
    I'm sure with Holmgren's tie's to GB he's going to be making a huge push for Flynn as well... He's gotta be desperate at this point to land a QB... Flynn fit's his style and vision for their offense...
    Browns (for what that's worth) have stated that they aren't interested in Flynn. There is a lot of talk that Ryan Tannehill is their new target, as crazy as that is...

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...nt_pursue.html
    Last edited by Freezer Weasel; 03-15-2012 at 07:26 PM.
    Common sense is not so common. ~ Voltaire

With their 2nd 1st rd. pick that would make some sense, if Tannehill gets past Miami.

About Flynn shopping us?

While I don't think Flynn is not intereste in playing here I seriously wonder if he'd sign at the spot of his first visit and not continue to check his options until he knew what the best the market would bear would be for him.

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast