Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Paul Soliai re-signs with the Dolphins. He was slightly linked to the Hawks as a 3-tech we were looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by jammer View Post
    Hope he's cheap b/c he hasn't finished a season for few years now. If he's added where does Gallery go?
    They could each play half the season... That's about how much they both play anyways... ;^)

LOL, and for the extra special cheap value of more than $5 mil/yr. Such a deal!
    Seattle Seahawks, winners of SuperBowl XLVIII, what an amazing season!

LOL, and for the extra special cheap value of more than $5 mil/yr. Such a deal!
    Curious if that means Gallery is gone if he were to sign? I believe Gallery is supposed to make $6.5 million this season. Can't say he's worth that after last season's performance...
    Common sense is not so common. ~ Voltaire

Gallery's cap number this year is $5.333 m of which 1/3m is guaranteed so if he was cut the team would recover $4.33m and push $.333m over one year as dead cap. Thus Gallery is vulnerable.
    Seattle Seahawks, winners of SuperBowl XLVIII, what an amazing season!

Gallery's cap number this year is $5.333 m of which 1/3m is guaranteed so if he was cut the team would recover $4.33m and push $.333m over one year as dead cap. Thus Gallery is vulnerable.
    Except for what he can teach the young guys, he's probably a tad overpaid. But we, as it showed last season, need the depth.

Vikings free-agent TE Visanthe Shiancoe will visit the Seahawks within the next few days, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
    http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/14/shia...with-seahawks/

Just think of what we could do if we had a QB who used his TEs (when they aren't kept at the LOS to block)? I liked Shiancoe, would soften the loss of Carlson. McCoy and Morrah were below average IMO...

And supposedly Chad Henne signed a deal with Jacksonville...

*Edit, yep, 2 year deal. I really have a feeling we are gonna sign Matt Flynn. I think they wanted to play it "cool" to not have overvalue himself. With the Peyton Manning situation up in the air, it could be perfect timing for the Seahawks if Carroll and Schneider are serious about signing him...
    Last edited by Freezer Weasel; 03-15-2012 at 12:10 AM.

So, talk is Gallery is gonna be released. Just like we were talking about. Kind of sucks, wanted to see if he could stay healthy this season...

We also re-signed McQuistan, which softens the sting of Gallery a little bit. I guess the writing was on the wall with the Hawks looks at the Bears O-lineman & now Hutch. I'm a little surprised we cut Gallery before signing Hutch, but I don't think they'd make this move unless Hutch is coming next or we go with Carp at LG & Breno at RT.

Gallery is done deal per PFT.

R-signing the Third Member of our UN OL is a good thing. Hutch would be even better, even if its only a one year deal (likely per Brock Huard).

Quote Originally Posted by McGruffHawk View Post
    Gallery is done deal per PFT.

R-signing the Third Member of our UN OL is a good thing. Hutch would be even better, even if its only a one year deal (likely per Brock Huard).
    Yea, curious if this is the reason. Hutch would definitely solidify this unit.

Awesome cuz Gallery was horrible last season... I'd rather go with his backup than go with Gallery again...

Quote Originally Posted by Anointed One View Post
    Awesome cuz Gallery was horrible last season... I'd rather go with his backup than go with Gallery again...
    I did think McQuistan outplayed him.

I was actually starting to get on board with Chad Henne; kind of disappointed he signed with Jacksonville. I would love Blaine Gabbert, but Henne isn't good enough to make him expendable.

Not a lot of QB options left. We arn't getting Peyton. I'm lukewarm on Flynn. Would still be all over Tebow if Peyton signs with Denver. I'm starting to get concerned that Tarvaris Jackson is actually going to QB this team again next season. We may be stuck reaching for Tannehill at #12, or hoping that Cousins/Osweiler/Weeden can be this year's Andy Dalton.

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast