Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by seahawksfan837 View Post
    Are you speculating on Roy Lewis or has there been something out there that indicates that he'll be gone? Because if there hasn't been anything concrete, I'd personally think the Hawks would like to keep him for depth purposes.
    Total speculation on my part but considering how he was hurt and out on PUP for a long part of last season and we got some young speedy guys to replace him on ST and that T3 is returning to be the nickel CB I suspect Lewis isn't in the team's plans as they didn't tender him with a RFR.
    Seattle Seahawks, winners of SuperBowl XLVIII, what an amazing season!

Quote Originally Posted by jammer View Post
    Total speculation on my part but considering how he was hurt and out on PUP for a long part of last season and we got some young speedy guys to replace him on ST and that T3 is returning to be the nickel CB I suspect Lewis isn't in the team's plans as they didn't tender him with a RFR.
    Fair enough, makes sense.

Good point Freezer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotoworld
    The South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports both the Dolphins and Browns are negotiating with free agent Matt Flynn, and will soon present contract offers.
    The Browns have been gaining steam as a potential Flynn suitor in recent days, while the Dolphins have been consistently connected to him since hiring former Packers OC Joe Philbin as head coach. The Miami Herald reported Tuesday Flynn would wait for Peyton Manning to sign before delving too deep into free agency unless he received a "mind-blowing offer." With the Dolphins officially in the mix, a "mind-blowing offer" is a distinct possibility.
    "Mind-blowing offer"? Ugh, I like Flynn more than most, but not at stupid numbers.
    Common sense is not so common. ~ Voltaire

I like the two signing so far of Bryant and Farwell who was a positive ST addition last season. I don't think that Farwell is regular player however and is likely only a ST addition.

If the team was to possibly sign Jason Jones we'd finally have that penetrating 3 tech we've been looking to acquire. We'll be big bidders for his services. I'm very curious about Mario Williams and whether he's interested in us at all?

double post.
    Last edited by jammer; 03-13-2012 at 11:51 PM.

Apparently Buffalo is offering Mario Williams some extraordinary deal of $91.5 mil with at least $40 mil guaranteed. JS likely won't pay that much for him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ng-huge-offer/

Apparently Buffalo is offering Mario Williams some extraordinary deal of $91.5 mil with at least $40 mil guaranteed. JS likely won't pay that much for him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ng-huge-offer/
    I'd pay that and not even blink. That's barely more than what Peppers got, and Williams is younger than Peppers was with better stats at the same point in their career. I think it was previous obvious what we were going to have to pay to get Mario, and to think it was going to be much less is silly.

That's the going price for a top tier DE. Just shocked that Buffalo is the team to pony it up.
    "I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference."

Hey, I appreciate that he's going to be expensive. However that deal going to work out at an average of about $18.3 mil/yr. Everything of course is probably backend loaded but that is a lot to pay for one player while guaranteeing they will be paid over $40 mil. If he gets hurt the team is cap strapped until they rid themselves of the deal. Schneider is a conservative guy and while I understand he'd know what Peppers got paid. In the end perhaps the sticker shock of $18.5 to $20 mil /yr. is more than he'll want to pay.

I guess we'll have to see if we even get a sniff at making Williams an offer.

If it's a six year deal, it's $15.25/year. Peppers deal was for six years, not five.

JMR is offline defender of the high life
    John Carlson is reportedly to visit the Chiefs: source: rotoworld.com
    He's disappointed since his rookie year, so no big loss. At one point he seemed like a certain stud, too.
    U MAD BRO??

Hey, I appreciate that he's going to be expensive. However that deal going to work out at an average of about $18.3 mil/yr. Everything of course is probably backend loaded but that is a lot to pay for one player while guaranteeing they will be paid over $40 mil. If he gets hurt the team is cap strapped until they rid themselves of the deal. Schneider is a conservative guy and while I understand he'd know what Peppers got paid. In the end perhaps the sticker shock of $18.5 to $20 mil /yr. is more than he'll want to pay.

I guess we'll have to see if we even get a sniff at making Williams an offer.
    Yea, that's a lot of cheddah.
    Common sense is not so common. ~ Voltaire

Mario Williams turns the Hawks D into a top 5 defense in the NFL and one of the best in Hawks history IMO. The pass rush would be nasty with Clemons and Williams on the ends. Bryant could slide inside and your 1st and 2nd down 50%+ of the time combo of Bryant and Williams is as good as it gets against the run. And because Williams is so versatile it's not like you're giving up on the pass rush if they're both out there. He's clearly above average there too and Bryant can bring a little heat. Keep Clemons more fresh and make it more like a NY Giants type of rotation where these guys stay hungry.

Also, a commonly underestimated factor to an improved rush is what it does for your DBs, your turnovers and field position. Thomas especially will have more opportunities and with Sherman, Browner and Thurmond being more than solid cover guys they'll be in better positions too.

I think he's worth the major gamble thru his prime years. If he's 31 years old then I say stay away but this physical freak in his prime is another story. He's very similar to Peppers but this time it seems like we actually have a shot. I hope that's true.

Alan Branch isn't a FA? I wonder if we have a shot at Jones then.
    "Personal foul, 69, offense. He was giving him the business."

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast