Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JMR View Post
    I'm not jazzed or overjoyed about Alex Smith but he's better than T Jackson, and I'm still trying to figure out why everyone is so sold on Flynn's upside. He's started 2 games after being a 7th round draft pick 4 years ago. Why isn't he just Charlie Whitehurst?

I think in the 2012 season we would be a better team with Alex Smith starting, but I won't discount the possibility that in 2014 we would be better with Flynn. However, it seems like we're just assuming he has all this upside since he's only started 2 games and we don't know yet that he isn't really good.
    Charlie has yet to throw 6 TDs in his career, much less in one game?
    "I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference."

Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post
    Charlie has yet to throw 6 TDs in his career, much less in one game?
    Charlie had a hard time getting 6 first downs in a game...
    Common sense is not so common. ~ Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Freezer Weasel View Post
    What's eerie is that it was 2 years to the day that we traded for Charlie Whitehurst.
    Don't you put that curse on me Ricky Bobby!

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfanforlife View Post
    Don't you put that curse on me Ricky Bobby!
    Dear baby football lovin' quarterback Jesus, let this move work out for Seattle...
    "I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference."

From your key board, etc..
    Seattle Seahawks, winners of SuperBowl XLVIII, what an amazing season!

So two outside additions and most here are happy with FA and we have $20+ mil left in available cap. What's next, Shiancoe, Graham, Wimbley?

I think we'll see both of Shiancoe, and Graham, then a few more of our own guys. Would like to see Wimbley but Coach Cable would have a clear line on him so if we aren't interested then we had insight.

At this point the roster is only weak at LB, unfortunately there aren't a lot of choices at MLB.

I disagree - there are many options out there for us at MLB. Hawthorne, Lofton, & Tulloch are all legitimate starters in this league.

I think after the Flynn & Jones signings, we've got about $15m in cap space available. You can assume around $5m for draft picks, so we have about $10m to spend on filling out the roster.

In addition to starting MLB & WLB, we also need depth/backups at RB, QB, Leo, SS, OG, 5-tech, OLM, & MLB. Now obviously draft picks will fill most of those needs, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a few small signings between now & the draft. I hope we re-sign Matt McCoy. The guy was a good nickel LB for us as well as a special teams demon.

Michael Bush & Jacob Tamme to visit this week. I like Bush as a complimentary back to Lynch, not so high on Tamme. I guess he would be more of a long-term fix at backup TE than Shiancoe would.

https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/...39254878183424

Bush would be a great addition and Cable knows him better than anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by JMR View Post
    All right, I guess we get to see what all this upside is about. Miami has to be pissed....

And AO, *another* high profile free agent comes to Seattle! ;)
    High profile? We obviously have differing opinions of what a high profile player is... High profile QB's get a lot more than a 3 year, 26 million deal...

He's not, Peyton Manning... ;^)
    Last edited by Anointed One; 03-19-2012 at 03:27 PM.

HFFL, in terms of the cap Clayton indicated that after the Flynn deal we had north of $20 M but maybe you are right however we had more than $28 m. before Flynn. I agree about Matt McCoy who was playing very well before he got injured, but it was an ACL injury and that can take a bit to recover from. Each of the other areas, you mention "depth/backups at RB, QB, Leo, SS, OG, 5-tech, OLB, & MLB", may well come through the draft but I'd argue we have some guys on the roster now at SS and at 5 tech, it's the RB, Leo, starters at OLB and MLB where the need still exists.

Am curious that they are kicking a lot of tires at TE and are now starting to look at the experienced RB field as scheme fits. JS will stay busy as long as he thinks it's an improvement over the present depth.
    Last edited by jammer; 03-19-2012 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jammer View Post
    HFFL, in terms of the cap Clayton indicated that after the Flynn deal we had north of $20 M but maybe you are right we had more than $28 m. before Flynn. I agree about Matt McCoy who was playing very well before he got injured, but it was an ACL injury and that can take a bit to recover from. Each of the other areas, you mention "depth/backups at RB, QB, Leo, SS, OG, 5-tech, OLB, & MLB", may well come through the draft but I'd argue we have some guys on the roster now at SS and at 5 tech, it's the RB, Leo, starters at OLB and MLB where the need still exists.

Am curious that they are kicking a lot of tires at TE and are now starting to look at the experienced RB field as scheme fits. JS will stay busy as long as he thinks it's an improvement over the present depth.
    I would be ecstatic if we signed Bush... It would benefit Lynch's production for us as well...

I think we've got both starters at OLB already on the roster. Competition is needed, but I don't think the staff will look at big name FA's at that position or invest early in the draft.

MLB is a whole different deal. IMO its the one gaping hole on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by McGruffHawk View Post
    I think we've got both starters at OLB already on the roster. Competition is needed, but I don't think the staff will look at big name FA's at that position or invest early in the draft.

MLB is a whole different deal. IMO its the one gaping hole on the roster.
    I agree about MLB... I haven't heard much on the Hawthorne front (Been outta town for daughter's soccer tourney so i was out of the loop a bit)... Is Chicago still the front runners?

Hawthorne is scheduled to go to Detroit on Tuesday, was in New Orleans on Sat..

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast