Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 307
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ringwood, NJ
    Posts
    11,006
    Maybe they do have one from Mitchell...

    http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-...kings-1.271357

    Nobody has it on their "mocks" or "traded picks" however.
    The poster formerly known as
    TEDBROWN23

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ringwood, NJ
    Posts
    11,006
    So Winston gets 4 years, 22 mil.... And you guys wonder why I'm Debbie Downer with this team? Would have been far better then Loadholt at RT... Not sure why the team is married to Phil Fukking Loadholt...
    The poster formerly known as
    TEDBROWN23

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    St Cloud, MN
    Posts
    5,653
    we're just a terrible football team, and whats worse is its as if there's no plan. just odd signings and blabbering about building through the draft. we're in for what's going to be a bad 5-10 year stretch. which says a lot considering that most teams in today's nfl can do it in 2 years.
    Bleeding Purple since 1977

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    36,686
    This is going to be a bad team, which is why I still don't understand how you keep 32 year old Kevin Williams. He is still worth at least a 2nd round pick and is a solid player. Dumb. Its about as dumb as paying turds like EJ Henderson $7M last year.

    I would re-sign Percy then dump KW, Jared, etc and just get it over with.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,318
    Ayadole may also be facing some game suspensions for the Bounty scheme, too. No loss there.

    The trouble with trading Allen is that he is our best player and still not that old and looks to be in excellent shape. If someone blew us away, sure, but otherwise might as well spend some money on a player that actually deserves and earns his salary.

    KW, on the other hand, would be trade bait but I don't think you would get a 2nd for him any more. Great player, but definitely on the downside of his career at this point.

    I think the reason the FA efforts have appeared "random" is that no one wants to come visit or play here now. We suck, and we will likely continue to suck for the length of any real contracts signed right now.

    Go11

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    5,407
    Quote Originally Posted by TeddyB View Post
    They are going to cut Ayodele I read.... Evens and Guion will be the NT, and KWILL and Ballard will be the UT...
    Noted.

    I think Pyscho's point still stands though: Guion and Evans are junk. They are the caliber of talent we should be signing in July to round out the bottom of the roster... not pre-draft pick-ups.

    Even fully expecting to suck next year (to the point where I do believe we will be in the running for 1st overall), this off-season has done nothing thus far to at least give me hope for 2013. We have added nobody of note, but have thrown money at never-were's who are just blocking roster spots from players who might actually have an impact.

    Odd sidenote... Seahawks just signed Flynn for less guarenteed money than Carlson. It is a shorter deal, but pours salt in the wound on just how absurd that Carlson deal was. Sucks, because it is nice to see a hometown kid return, the contract just sucks all the enjoyment out of it.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    5,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Go11 View Post
    Ayadole may also be facing some game suspensions for the Bounty scheme, too. No loss there.

    The trouble with trading Allen is that he is our best player and still not that old and looks to be in excellent shape. If someone blew us away, sure, but otherwise might as well spend some money on a player that actually deserves and earns his salary.

    KW, on the other hand, would be trade bait but I don't think you would get a 2nd for him any more. Great player, but definitely on the downside of his career at this point.

    I think the reason the FA efforts have appeared "random" is that no one wants to come visit or play here now. We suck, and we will likely continue to suck for the length of any real contracts signed right now.

    Go11
    Precisely why the time to trade Allen is now. His value is as high as it will ever get. I think we could net at least a 1st. Harsh reality is that his career will likely be done when we are contending again. Trade him now while he has value.

    Trade any and all players over 29 who have any value of note. They will be at or near the end of their careers before we are contending again.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Woodbury, MN
    Posts
    6,773
    Well if this team is picking in the top 10 next year, the Vikes will likely be looking at Barkley. Ponder will have to earn his spot this year.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,591
    Quote Originally Posted by TeddyB View Post
    So Winston gets 4 years, 22 mil.... And you guys wonder why I'm Debbie Downer with this team? Would have been far better then Loadholt at RT... Not sure why the team is married to Phil Fukking Loadholt...
    Not meaning to pick on you specifically, but since you brought it up ...

    No, I don't really wonder why anybody here is Debbie Downer with the team. Pretty much every post that I read about the team is how bad they're going to be or how they can't do anything right or winning useless games. If everybody is saying about the same thing, it's easy to get into the same mindset.

    I know that a bunch of you have been following the Vikes closely for a lot longer than I have and can remember the Les Steckel season which was the previous low point. (I can kinda remember it, having watched the Dallas game and Dorsett run, but little else.) And I think that a lot of you are pretty knowledgeable about the Vikes and NFL in general and I usually enjoy reading the posts. But it's pretty depressing around here most of the time now.

    I was unreasonably optimistic last year and I don't really have much faith in anything being better for this year. But it's still really early and I'd rather have some hope - unreasonable as it may be - for the upcoming season rather than the certainty of despair.

    So how about maybe a little optimism, please? At least until we lose our first game or trade down to the Dolphins for an extra 4th?

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    5,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Soapdish View Post
    Not meaning to pick on you specifically, but since you brought it up ...

    No, I don't really wonder why anybody here is Debbie Downer with the team. Pretty much every post that I read about the team is how bad they're going to be or how they can't do anything right or winning useless games. If everybody is saying about the same thing, it's easy to get into the same mindset.

    I know that a bunch of you have been following the Vikes closely for a lot longer than I have and can remember the Les Steckel season which was the previous low point. (I can kinda remember it, having watched the Dallas game and Dorsett run, but little else.) And I think that a lot of you are pretty knowledgeable about the Vikes and NFL in general and I usually enjoy reading the posts. But it's pretty depressing around here most of the time now.

    I was unreasonably optimistic last year and I don't really have much faith in anything being better for this year. But it's still really early and I'd rather have some hope - unreasonable as it may be - for the upcoming season rather than the certainty of despair.

    So how about maybe a little optimism, please? At least until we lose our first game or trade down to the Dolphins for an extra 4th?


    Optimism will return once there is a light at the end of the tunnel. No light to see yet, so people are understandable, and justifiable, pessimist.
    Last edited by JCD; 03-19-2012 at 12:01 AM.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,318
    Sometimes you have to reach tth bottom to go back up.

    This team needs a new FO, a new HC, and about 80% new roster...oh, and they need a new stadium too. Not sure what order this will come in, but all needed.

    I predicted 4 wins last year, and was one game too high. This team will be a bit better in terms of roster talent after the draft, but I don't see any significant increase in games won at this point.

    The best thing for this franchise would be to somehow get a stadium deal put in place, get their draft in order, and then clean house from top to bottom at the end of this next year to give everyone a fresh start and new hope.

    Go11

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ringwood, NJ
    Posts
    11,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Soapdish View Post
    Not meaning to pick on you specifically, but since you brought it up ...

    No, I don't really wonder why anybody here is Debbie Downer with the team. Pretty much every post that I read about the team is how bad they're going to be or how they can't do anything right or winning useless games. If everybody is saying about the same thing, it's easy to get into the same mindset.

    I know that a bunch of you have been following the Vikes closely for a lot longer than I have and can remember the Les Steckel season which was the previous low point. (I can kinda remember it, having watched the Dallas game and Dorsett run, but little else.) And I think that a lot of you are pretty knowledgeable about the Vikes and NFL in general and I usually enjoy reading the posts. But it's pretty depressing around here most of the time now.

    I was unreasonably optimistic last year and I don't really have much faith in anything being better for this year. But it's still really early and I'd rather have some hope - unreasonable as it may be - for the upcoming season rather than the certainty of despair.

    So how about maybe a little optimism, please? At least until we lose our first game or trade down to the Dolphins for an extra 4th?
    Yeah, I don't like being this way, and it is really out of my nature...My surrounding friends and family think I'm the biggest optimist there is LOL...

    I just feel we are afloat in the ocean, rudderless, drifting aimlessly. I see zero direction for this team. Following the team since '77 and last year was as bad as it gets. Then I see the rest of the division and we are outclassed on and off the field, but a HUGE margin..

    WE resign two guys that more than likely wouldn't make 3/4 of the teams and give John Carlson ELEVEN mil guaranteed. There are good UFA's signing for fair deals...Winston, Manningham...all at pos of need.

    I'll try to be more upbeat, but I gotta see some effort from my team.
    The poster formerly known as
    TEDBROWN23

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ringwood, NJ
    Posts
    11,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Go11 View Post
    Sometimes you have to reach tth bottom to go back up.

    This team needs a new FO, a new HC, and about 80% new roster...oh, and they need a new stadium too. Not sure what order this will come in, but all needed.

    I predicted 4 wins last year, and was one game too high. This team will be a bit better in terms of roster talent after the draft, but I don't see any significant increase in games won at this point.

    The best thing for this franchise would be to somehow get a stadium deal put in place, get their draft in order, and then clean house from top to bottom at the end of this next year to give everyone a fresh start and new hope.

    Go11
    I agree, but do we really trust these guys to draft and build a team? They took Ponder 12th overall remember...12th.
    The poster formerly known as
    TEDBROWN23

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,591
    Quote Originally Posted by JCD View Post


    Optimism will return once there is a light at the end of the tunnel. No light to see yet, so people are understandable, and justifiable, pessimist.
    Saying that I don't have any faith in things being better than last year isn't precisely the same as "all as well". I'm not impressed with our free agent signing and re-signings, but none of them are break-the-bank bad. Kalil should shore up our line pretty well (assuming that we don't screw it up) and yeah, it would've been great to have Winston, but it's hardly a disaster. And if the team does tank this year as badly as most of us seem to be expecting, we'll probably get that new front office and coach.

    And only $9.1M of Carlson's contract is guaranteed although that's IF we cut him after the this season and basically give him that for a single season. So it might as well be $11M.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,318
    Teddy B, I guess my thought is certainly Wilf is going to let this set of guys conduct this draft. Hopefully they get a stadium deal, Wilf knows he has revenue in the future, he cans the whole FO and coaching staff and we start fresh after we go 3-13 again.

    Go11

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Part of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties.