I got the 4th pick

Due to keepers, these are the best guys available according to yahoo:

Hitters: Wright, Zimmerman, Cruz, Panda, A-Rod, Konerko, Phillips, Youk, Michael Young

Pitchers: Lincecum, Hamels, 4 RP's, Ian Kennedy

The 1st guy already has C/1B, 2B, 3B, SP, SP. He could take anyone.

The 2nd guy already has 3B/OF, 2B/OF, OF, SP, SP. He might be leaning towards a 1B.

The 3rd guy already has 1B, OF, OF, 1B/OF, SP. He'll probably take Lincecum or Hamels if they are there. Maybe a 3B.

I already have 3B, SS, OF, SP, SP

Idk who your 2 SPs are, but it's hard for me to turn one of tghem down when you already have 3B covered. I could also justify taking Phillips and giving you an elite INF.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

n/m

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    Idk who your 2 SPs are, but it's hard for me to turn one of tghem down when you already have 3B covered. I could also justify taking Phillips and giving you an elite INF.
    I was strongly considering Phillips but his declining production is very troublesome. I thought Konerko might be the safest guy out of the batters, though.

Konerko makes me a bit uneasy simply due to his age.

Phillips is still a top 10 2B. Giving you an INF that few guys would be able to beat. But adding a Hamels or Lincecum to that pitching staff would be pretty sweet as well.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

It went

1. Lincecum
    2. BUMGARNER
    3. Hamels

I took Phillips.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFin View Post
    It went

1. Lincecum
    2. BUMGARNER
    3. Hamels

I took Phillips.
    Yeah, I think you had to there.

At least you're going to have a pretty diesel INF. It's entirely possible you'll get a 1B on the way back anyway.

- Ghandi

It looks like I have to pick up sleepers and unproven guys to round out my OF and UT spots.

Keepers

B. Lawrie
    S. Castro
    A. McCutchen
    M. Cain
    S. Marcum

Picks:

1 - B. Phillips
    2 - I. Kennedy
    3 - L. Berkman
    4 - D. Hudson
    5 - J. Hanrahan
    6 - A. Avila
    7 - D. Fister
    8 - R. Madson
    9 - K. Farnsworth
    10 - J. Francoeur
    11 - M. Joyce
    12 - T. Hunter
    13 - J. Helickson
    14 - G. Sanchez
    15 - J. Johnson
    16 - Y. Alonso
    17 - M. Aviles
    18 - A. Jackson
    19 - M. Leake
    ---------------------

C: A. Avila
    1B: L. Berkman
    2B: B. Phillips
    SS: S. Castro
    3B: B. Lawrie
    OF: A. McCutchen
    OF: J. Francoeur
    OF: M. Joyce
    UT: T. Hunter
    UT: G. Sanchez

SP: M. Cain
    SP: S. Marcum
    SP: I. Kennedy
    SP: D. Hudson
    SP: D. Fister
    RP: J. Hanrahan
    RP: J. Johnson
    RP: K. Farnsworth

BN (8): SP J. Helickson, RP Ryan Madson, OF A. Alonso, 2B/SS/3B M. Aviles, OF A. Jackson, SP M. Leake
    Last edited by BigFin; 03-30-2012 at 01:01 PM.

Logan Morrison.

Lorenzo Cain.

JD Martinez.

Not a fan of the Berkman pick.

- Ghandi

LoMo is gone.

Available players I'm considering:

Y. Alonso (hopefully he'll be there)
    E. Bonifacio
    G. Sanchez
    Y. Cespedes (could rack up 30 steals if he gets 600+ PA's)
    R. Roberts
    N. Markakis
    N. Reimold
    C. Crisp

gotta grab Markakis IMO. And a 1B since I doubt Berkman stays healthy for another year.

- Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    gotta grab Markakis IMO. And a 1B since I doubt Berkman stays healthy for another year.
    What do you think about Doug Fister? That guy could have a Top 20 pitching year with Fielder now on the Tigers. He was very unlucky with run support (I think). I was very happy with that pick.

You in S. Florida yet?

I always worry about low K guys. And I hate chasing wins. Very luck induced. But as your #5 that's not a bad play.

Not in SF yet. Got some logistical things to work out and this is my last semester (even though I'm basically doing nothing).

- Ghandi

Well, in hindsight, I shouldn't have taken Berkman that high. Looks like he's done for the year and probably forever. I did score nicely with Austin Jackson, Mike Aviles, and Jim Johnson at the end of the draft, though.