The 2012 Post-Draft Survey

Your Team
    1. What are overall impressions of your team and where do you think you'll finish?

2. What are your team's strengths?

3. What are your team's weaknesses?

4. What draft pick was your best value?

5. What draft pick did you reach on?

6. Who is your sleeper on your team and what do you expect from him?

7. What player, taken from between rounds 4 to 25, did you pass on but wished you would have taken?

8. If you were actually managing your team, what would your lineup be (e.g., batting order, rotation, bullpen)?

9. At this moment in time, which players are potential keepers for 2012?

The Rest of the League

10. Which teams (choose up to 3 if you like) do you think will compete the title?

11. What was the best value draft pick?

12. What draft pick was the biggest reach?

13. Who do you think is the best "sleeper" in the draft?

14. Other comments?
    Help make a difference

The ONE Initiative - http://www.one.org/
    Make Poverty History Campaign - http://www.makepovertyhistory.org/
    A Debt Free Africa - http://www.data.org/
    The RED Campaign - http://www.joinred.com/
    Les Médecins sans Frontières / Doctors Without Borders - http://www.msf.org/
    International Red Cross - http://www.redcross.org/

1. What are overall impressions of your team and where do you think you'll finish?
    Not as good as I had hoped. I will finish 4th.....again....

I love my starting pitching. Halladay, Haren, Darvish and Latos are great. 3 solid OF with Pence, Jennings and Cruz(if healthy)

SS and IF Jeter and Prado and Bourjos worry me.

Latos in the 13th. And maybe Nelson Cruz in the 8th. A top 12 OF if he can keep it together. Big if.....

Looking at my roster, I don't think I reached on anyone in the first 17 rounds. Maybe Darvish in the 9th if he bombs.

Jimenez in the 15th. Hopefully can put up some close numbers to 2 years ago. And Lucas Duda. Was great at the end of last year and is looking solid in spring ball.

7. What player, taken from between rounds 4 to 25, did you pass on but wished you would have taken?
    I wanted Yoenis Cespedes and waited too long. Donk took him right before me. I was truly pissed.

8. If you were actually managing your team, what would your lineup be (e.g., batting order, rotation, bullpen)?
    1-CF D. Jennings
    2-RF H. Pence
    3-1B A. Pujols
    4-3B A. Beltre
    5-2B B. Zobrist
    6-SS D. Jeter
    7-LF N. Cruz
    8-C M. Montero
    9-DH A. Lind

Rotation.
    R. Halladay
    D. Haren
    Y. Darvish
    M. Latos
    J. Jimenez

Setup
    C. Marmol

Closer
    M. Rivera

Cruz 8th Darvish 9th or Jimenez 15th Duda 18th

The Rest of the League

10. Which teams (choose up to 3 if you like) do you think will compete the title?
    The teams seem pretty close. But the one team that may win this is Joes(19 years and counting). I like his.

Crawford in the 11th. Ichiro in the 15th Cespedes in the 16th

Hosmer in the 6th, M. Reynolds in the 9th, Harper in the 14th

You should know by now.......Cespedes.

14. Other comments
    Go Fat Kids
    Read more: http://forums.kffl.com/threads/29473...#ixzz1ovFfEkb4

Really frustrating draft. Got burned a couple of times and it caused me to reach. I thought yahoo had some players ranked too low, so I waited on them. Apparently every one else in here agreed with me and not yahoo. I hate seeing the stupid rankings on the left of the screen. Middle of the pack, this year.

Power. I have lots.

Pitching. I planned to wait a little bit on pitching, but I didn't expect it to be this bad.

Andrew Bailey, I guess. Surprised he's ranked in the middle of closers. I think Gaby Sanchez will get a ton of RBI chances. I also like Porcello this year. Had a plan to get him all along.

Carlos Santana, and I know it, so save it, starry. :) The plan was to take Hamilton there. I think he has a lot to prove now and he's a FA. He went at 21 (13 spots ahead of ADP). Then Stanton was my backup and he went right before me. I wanted a hitter and the best ones available were 3B (already had one) and Teixeira (I have white hot hate for the guy). So I panicked and took the best hitter that wasn't those guys. In retrospect, I would have taken Sabathia or David Wright.

Brennan Boesch. Hitting #2 ahead of Cabrera and Fielder. Plenty of pitches to hit.

Hard to say. I wanted Ian Kennedy (one spot before me) and Josh Beckett (my keeper in round 9 screwed me up there.

1-Granderson, CF
    2-Cuddyer, RF
    3-Braun, LF
    4-Longoria, 3B
    5-Santana, C
    6-Uggla, 2B
    7-Rollins, SS
    8-Goldschmidt, 1B
    9-Sanchez, DH

1-Price
    2-J Johnson
    3-Carpenter
    4-CJ Wilson
    5-Beachy
    CL-Nathan
    SU-Bailey

Open competition

The Rest of the League

Haven't done enough looking at other teams yet. I know it was tough passing on Nelson Cruz so many times, but I had other issues I had to address first.
    Last edited by MichaelB; 03-12-2012 at 10:55 PM.

Your Team
    1. What are overall impressions of your team and where do you think you'll finish? I'd like to think top 3 potential, but we'll see

2. What are your team's strengths? I know we'll hit

3. What are your team's weaknesses? changed my strategy on pitching, took a few more chances. we'll see how it pans out, but I think I've got some real breakout candidates. speed's a little light too

4. What draft pick was your best value? Victor Martinez for sure. for this year's team maybe Feliz in 13th or Garcia in the 15th. Although I'm pulling for Adam Dunn to win this category for me

5. What draft pick did you reach on? no big reaches, but I should have picked Josh Johnson when I picked Tommy Hanson. I think Hanson would have made it back to me

6. Who is your sleeper on your team and what do you expect from him? Chris Sale. He has ace material, would love to see him develop to that point as a starter this year

7. What player, taken from between rounds 4 to 25, did you pass on but wished you would have taken? Josh Johnson for sure. I also wish I would have taken Brett Lawrie in round 4 right before Starry just for his reaction. Thought about it, but I figured it'd be more fun letting him reach for him and see if those last 100 ab's from 2011 were a trend

Brandon Phillips
    Alex Gordon
    Youkilis
    Adrian Gonzalez
    Carlos Gonzalez
    Matt Holiday
    Mark Texiera
    Matt Wieters
    Asdrubal Cabrera

Gallardo
    Tommy Hanson
    Jaime Garcia
    Netfali Feliz
    Cory Luebke

Soria

Hanrahan

9. At this moment in time, which players are potential keepers for 2012? Victor Martinez for sure, hopefully Chris Sale, or Cory Luebke

The Rest of the League

10. Which teams (choose up to 3 if you like) do you think will compete the title? I like team PED and the Claw

11. What was the best value draft pick? Josh Johnson. Vance Worley

12. What draft pick was the biggest reach? Carlos Santana. I got the same player 7 rounds later

13. Who do you think is the best "sleeper" in the draft? I hope it's my guy Chris Sale, maybe Mike Trout

14. Other comments? I wonder if all of you that were bitching last year about my trade with Junior for Verlander still think I took him to the cleaners when he got to keep Strasburg as a 20th rounder this year. And F Bayo

Read more: http://forums.kffl.com/threads/29473...#ixzz1ovfv5fhi
    If I ever saw myself saying I'm excited going to Cleveland I'd punch myself in the face because I'm lying.

-Ichiro Suzuki

I don't know if Weiters = Santana. There's a reason that everyone has Santana in the 4th/5th round and Weiters in the 10th/11th round. There's more boom potential for Santana, but your point is taken and I do see the similarities (at least last year, I even had Weiters.)

For the record I defended the trade. I deleted the comment because you and someone else (gusto?) said it more eloquently. Made perfect sense to me at the time.
    Last edited by MichaelB; 03-12-2012 at 10:29 PM.

Stevie's mad because the fast draft was so successful. And maybe he misses those "discussion" threads that consisted of 90% "Has anyone called ______?" and "I just called ________, he should be up soon" posts. Who knows?

Your Team

I really like my team. I think in a ten team league, everyone should feel like they have a strong team. I'll finish better than I normally do, how's that?

Top end of the rotation. Kershaw/King Felix/Cain is a helluva 1-2-3, and the rest of the rotation is filled with a few K guys and guys that put up a lot of quality starts and know how to put a full season together. I have power and speed in the lineup, and my average OBP is really high.

I have more 1B and OF than I need. My spats of getting disconnected (karma, I know) only yielded me one guy I didn't want (Freeman), but he's a solid player. I didn't go sleeper hunting late like a lot of people did, that may bite me in the ass later. I need cheap saves out of Jim Johnson, and I need him to keep his job, because people always beat me to the new FA closer pickups. Categorically, I don't see a glaring weakness.

Torii Hunter in the 16th. Yes he's old, but so was Lance Berkman, and what happened when he batted next to Pujols? That being said, Torii is slated to bat after Albert, so I hope it stays that way. For what he gives you, Tim Hudson in the 18th was real good value IMO.

Jay Bruce maybe, but not by much. So what if he's inconsistent, it's a roto league. Problem is that power hitters who get into funks like that sometimes don't come out of them (Adam Dunn, Dan Uggla on even numbered years), and if that happens, I way overpaid.

Jemille Weeks. I expect him to be a great table setter and base stealer. Dee Gordon without the price tag.

Lots. Aramis Ramirez went right before i was gonna take him, I wanted to swing Bautista to the OF and put Aramis at 3rd, but I had to settle for Mark Reynolds there. Dexter Fowler is a good cheap speed option that should get a lot better this year. I plumb forgot about my guy Johan Santana, I was interested in getting him late.

SS Bonifacio
    2B Cano
    OF Bautista
    1B Konerko
    OF Bruce
    3B Reynolds
    OF Hunter
    DH Joyce (vs RHP)/Quentin (vs LHP)
    C Molina

OF Gardner will start, but could be the odd man out in a real lineup.

Rotation

Kershaw
    Felix
    Cain
    A. Sanchez
    T. Hudson

MRP

Marcum
    Baker

SU

Motte
    Jim Johnson

CL

Papelbon

Hitter - Brett Gardner - If he can elevate his game even further and be the real table setter for the Yanks, he's a great keeper.
    Pitcher - If Jason Motte turns into the closer he's supposed to be, there's good value in keeping him where I got him.

The Rest of the League

Intra-season play has such an impact, I can't pick a team now. Chuck and Starry had really good drafts I thought.

Josh Beckett in the 9th. And no way Andrew Baily should have made it to the 11th.

I just applauded his draft, but since we can only keep a guy for a year, I saw no reason to draft Brice Harper 135 overall.

Jesus Montero

14. Other comments?

Hope you guys enjoyed the fast draft, and saw there was really nothing to be afraid of. Let's keep the season-long thread active past the first couple of months this time. Starry, great job on coordinating, and JStevie thanks for doing the thankless task of handling the money every year, and doing it with such a sunny disposition. ;)
    Burn like an LA sunset, colorful, toxic

Bayo, technically we can keep a player for 2 years - this year and next year, which is why I gambled on Harper in the 14th round. I agree it was a reach, but I didn't have a pick in the 15th round and I thought someone would take him before my pick in the 16th.
    Help make a difference

I just think the guy's two or three years away. Not since A-Rod have I seen a guy put in a above-average fantasy season that young. Plus, he's not slated to be on the starting roster, at least not yet. Could be wrong though, that guy does nothing but mash. Cockiest SOB I've seen in a long time too, you'll see what I mean there if you haven't already.
    Burn like an LA sunset, colorful, toxic

Your Team

My team is pretty solid. I took some risks, but with a little luck, Ill finish near the top.

I think my offense is pretty balanced. I have three guys who have a VERY reasonable chance to hit 30 bombs and two more (Wright and Morales) who could conceivably do it. I also have about 8 guys who can steal 20 bags or more. All of which without any real drains on my OBP.

Saves. Betancourt is awesome, but he's never closed. I think Jansen will be the closer by the break and could put up Kimbrel'esque numbers.

Pablo Sandoval in the 6th was pretty good. Jesus Montero and Kendrys Morales were also solid value.

I reached on Jansen, but I really wanted him. I think everything else was solid. Anybody?

I think Volquez. His problems when healthy have been homers and walks. Pads play about 110 games in pitcher's parks with Petco, ATT, and Dodger stadium in their division, along with Citi and such away, so the homers shouldn't be an issue. Plus, Bud Black and Darren Balsley have been great with helping pitchers. He could be a top 15 SP.

Didnt need Aybar and I should have snagged Dunn. Also, I had Upton higher than Choo, but yahoo didn't and i thought guys would go by that. I have a feeling I could have had both had i taken Upton first.

Volquez, Liriano, Jansen, Morales, Montero, and maybe Wainwright.

The Rest of the League

JStevie's team is stacked and Swords' team has TOO much power and some guys who can steal. His starters and solid.

Carl Crawford was good value. Pena was great value in a obp league.

Maybe Jansen.

13. Who do you think is the best "sleeper" in the draft? Volquez

14. Other comments?

Read more: http://forums.kffl.com/threads/29473...#ixzz1oxRYoRwx
    I treat a b_tch like 7-Up. I never have, I never will

it's cool mike, I saw your post on Santana after I posted my stuff, or I wouldn't have brought it up.
    If I ever saw myself saying I'm excited going to Cleveland I'd punch myself in the face because I'm lying.

-Ichiro Suzuki

Your Team[/U]
    Middle of the pack

Starting pitching. Verlander, Bumgarner, Zimmermann, and Santana should be very good to great. Fister was dominant the last couple months last year and hopefully continues it.
    Infield is very solid too.

Relief pitching. I'm not sold on Farnsworth, and I don't even know if Pestano is closing (but he should) or will keep it when Perez returns.
    First base is weak too. I always have faith in Butler but he always ends up being slightly better than good. If he can put up 25 homers, all his other numbers are good.

I think Buchholz may be a steal at 25. Hopefully Crawford has pride and comes out with something to prove.
    Buster Posey. It was part FSU and part how great he played when healthy. Hopefully he is good to go.

Dustin Ackley may get a bunch of steals and hit .300 (oh, sorry nerds, have a .350 OBP). He could get time in the outfield too so will have versatility for me.
    I wanted Wainwright but had no clue where to take him.
    Elvis Andrus
    Carl Crawford
    Troy Tulowitzki
    Mike "Giancarlo" Stanton
    Ryan Zimmermann
    Buster Posey
    Billy Butler
    Drew Stubbs

SP: Verlander, Zimmermann, Bumgarner, Fister, Santana
    RP: Ogando, Bard, Farnsworth, Pestano, Kimbrel
    Ackley, Crawford, Cespedes

[/QUOTE]
    Studies show that depression hits losers the hardest.

Great Horny Toads!

I think for the first time I can say that my starting rotation might just be the best or at least among the top-2 or -3. Lincecum, Lester, Kennedy, Romero, and Hellickson are an excellent fantasy rotation. Teheran is a wild card, and I hope he can be this year's Michael Pineda.

Besides starting pitching, my team should do well in the OBP category and be middle-of-the-pack in the power categories.

Speed is a bit of concern as is runs. I don't have a lot of five-category guys nor a lot of place-setters.

Jeremy Hellickson in the 17th and Justin Morneau in the 21st.

Definitely Bryce Harper. I panicked like Mikey did, but only 11 rounds later.

Wilson Ramos is my sleeper pick. He had 15 HRs in only 389 ABs and a decent OBP. I think he can go .350 (OBP)-20-75 this year.

I was hoping for Bonafacio in the 14th, but Bayo took him the round before. I also had Fister and Santos high on my list, but they were taken earlier than I had expected. I should know by now that the guys here value players a lot higher than any "official" ratings guide has.

CF Michael Bourn
    2B Dustin Pedroia
    1B Joey Votto
    DH David Ortiz
    3B Brett Lawrie
    LF Lance Berkman
    RF Chris Young
    C Joe Mauer
    SS Alexei Ramirez

SP Tim Lincecum
    SP Jon Lester
    SP Ian Kennedy
    SP Ricky Romero
    SP Jeremy Hellickson

Closer J.J. Putz
    Setup Man Jordan Walden

Hitters - Lawrie (4th), Harper (14th), Morneau (21st), and Ramos (23rd)
    Pitchers - Hellickson (17th), Teheran (25th)

The Rest of the League

I like Stevies' lineup, but his pitching could probably be better.

I like Donk's team quite a bit, as it's well balanced.

Swords' team is quite good. I think this is the best draft that Swords has had, so maybe the fast draft is best for him.

Latos in the 13th and Buchholz in the 25th.

Besides me taking Harper, Mikey taking Santana in the 3rd. I also was surprised that Donk took Posey so early.

Carlos Pena - should have been taken a lot earlier in an OBP league.

14. Other comments?

I cannot wait to see Stevies' comments after Lawrie busts out with a 300+ average, 25 HRs, 80+ RBIs, and 25+ SBs. ;)
    Help make a difference

1. What are overall impressions of your team and where do you think you'll finish? top 5

2. What are your team's strengths? SP, Steals

3. What are your team's weaknesses? 3B. I shoulda kept Aramis.

4. What draft pick was your best value? surprised Avila was there.

5. What draft pick did you reach on? Morse. There was equal value at 1B later on

6. Who is your sleeper on your team and what do you expect from him? I dunno but for now I’d have to go with Austin Jackson

7. What player, taken from between rounds 4 to 25, did you pass on but wished you would have taken? Campaneris. I had him picked and changed my mind.

SS – Reyes
    2b – Weeks
    OF – Werth
    1B – Fielder
    DH – Swisher
    OF – BJ Upton
    OF – Francoer
    C - Avila
    3B – Moutstakas

SP – CC Sabathia
    SP – Jared Weaver
    SP – James Shields
    SP – Hiroki Kuroda
    SP – Roy Oswalt, Masterson

RP - Storen

Ryan Howard Rnd 11, CC Rnd 4 maybe

The Rest of the League

Sorry don’t have time right now…. Will fill in later
    14. Other comments?Someone sign Roy Oswalt dammit!!!!