Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    haha, sore spot?
    He's still mad that BSU's kicker cost them a shot at the BCS Championship by blowing chunks against Kaps Nevada team.

Quote Originally Posted by dasher View Post
    I think it's more of reading progression than throwing motion with Kap.

The amount time a College QB has to throw the ball compared to an NFL QB is very different. QBs like RGIII and Kap are RIGHTHALF-1-2-Run or RIGHTHALF-1-2-Throwaway. QBs.
    That progression can be about 6 seconds and College. In the NFL that is usually shorter than 4 seconds.

RGIII

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMm2qGMGV8Q

The throw itself isn't gorgeous, but watch how RGIII goes from LEFT-Read1-LEFT-Read2--SCRAMBLE-RIGHTDEEP. He used his eyes to misguide the DEEP safety and allow his man to go to the corner. This is a 3 READ NFL throw in 4 seconds. It's a reason why coaches believe that he'll do well in the pros.

but the truth is that you have to LOOK deep to find Kaepernick throwing an NFL Style Throw. I wasn't high on Cam Newton because I doubted his discipline to get to LEFT-READ1-LEFT-READ2-RUN in under 3 seconds. But his coaches had faith in him and that's why he looked like Superman in year 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEzwj...eature=related

The Nevada PISTOL is literally PLAYACTION-READ1-BOOTLEGRUN but more like PLAYACTION-BOOTLEG.

He reads off the DE quickly and uses the Conventional Defensive Timing of READ1-READ2 to run. He decides on whether he'll throw in pre-read. Play Action in Pistol is meant to disrupt the defensive end and mike backer (like an option). Play Action in the NFL is meant to disrupt the safeties. When I watch film on CK in shotgun, he scrambles and reads just one player.
    His passes were high-percentage plays that work in college (bubble screens and play-action-post). Against NFL corners stengh and ability to adjust their hips, I couldn't see him starting under he gets 1 or 2 offseasons. Not only did he buy time in college w/ scramblng but he took 6-7 seconds at times to get to his 2nd read.

As a QB, it's hard for me to believe that , under pressure, CK could ever become a LEFT1-CENTER2-DROPOFFRIGHT-3 QB like Luck, RGIII, Brees, or Manning. He has the brain and character to do it, but the NFL expects QBs to get this within months when it really takes 4-5 years to master (ie Aaron Rodgers).
    That was impressive. Good breakdown.

haha, sore spot?
    Naw, not really. I just don't think a guy should get the "winner" tag after not winning much of anything and beating a team 1 out of 4 times, mostly because said team can't kick a damn FG.

But yeah, a bit of a sore spot I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by LASam View Post
    He's still mad that BSU's kicker cost them a shot at the BCS Championship by blowing chunks against Kaps Nevada team.
    Eh, mostly over it. I'm still pissed about the LAST time it's happened.

Man I remember that night.

I was sooooooooooooo sick. Took a ton of nyquil and fell asleep when BSU went up by like 17. I woke up at like 3am figuring BSU won in a romp. I was floored when I saw the headlines on ESPN.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Seahawksfan,

Eh, mostly over it. I'm still pissed about the LAST time it's happened.
    Just messing with you. It does suck that the same problem cost you two years in a row though.

Seahawksfan,

Just messing with you. It does suck that the same problem cost you two years in a row though.
    Try having it cost your now dead greatest in franchise history QB THREE SB titles.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    Try having it cost your now dead greatest in franchise history QB THREE SB titles.
    Who are you referring too?

Who are you referring too?
    Mac9.

- Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    Mac9.
    Ah, but didn't Mike Jones cost him his best chance at a SB?

Ah, but didn't Mike Jones cost him his best chance at a SB?
    Del Greco missed 2 FGs that game.

And Jones didn't do anything. Dyson quit on the play. My grandmother could've scored on that play.

- Ghandi

Seahawksfan,

I knew you were, no biggie. Trust me, I learned quickly that if I can't laugh about it, it's gonna drive me crazy.

Kaepernick is simply way too raw to start in the NFL for another 3 or 4 years. He has it all except he throws his deep ball on a straight line with no loft at all, in fact that is the only way he knows how to throw a football. He has never grasped 2 things, taking something off a throw when it is necessary and putting loft on a throw when the situation demands. Until he learns these facets, he will remain a sub on a football team but he is an interesting case to follow because Tony Romo entered the league with the same problems, so just maybe he can get the hang of it after a few more years.

RG111 has it all, he is a true leader right up there with Luck, and his intangibles are off the charts. He can make every NFL throw with ease and for good measure, he can beat you with the run if necessary. He and Luck are definitely the best looking prospects to come down the chute since Peyton. Newton could be a better pro but he wasn't the better prospect.

Nothing more hilarious than Q's take on the Jones/Dyson play. Pure comedy gold.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Nothing more hilarious than Q's take on the Jones/Dyson play. Pure comedy gold.
    I take it facts are funny to you?

- Ghandi

Yah Q,thats exactly it. Even if you were right, there would certainly be no way to prove it, its comepletely subjective a. nd the tape doesn't back you up one bit. Jones made a great tackle and I'd suggest the tape shows Dyson giv ping his all and them some to make that play. Now drafting Dyson over Moss, that may have cost 'em, we can agree there.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast