Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by onionjuice View Post
    RG3 making a visit to Washington after he snubbed the Colts. I thought he was not making visits to any team. Guess he wants to play for the Redskins. Glad to see Andrew stopping by too. He would be a good fit also and with his dad working at WVA. only several hours away I think it would be a good fit for him too.
    Not sure he snubbed a visit with the Colts, he refused to work out for them, suggesting he had already worked out at the Combine and his Pro Day. I doubt the Skins are asking him to work out again, they said they had seen enough. This looks like advance play book study sessions probably, and some monuments and stuff :)

Your right but it would be interesting to see if he visits the colts if asked.

With all this talk about Tannehill now going #3 overall possibly, I am even more ecstatic that the Skins traded up to #2. I would be sick if they had to trade up to draft Tannehill.

Quote Originally Posted by JonBlaze View Post
    With all this talk about Tannehill now going #3 overall possibly, I am even more ecstatic that the Skins traded up to #2. I would be sick if they had to trade up to draft Tannehill.
    Yeah, the more time passes the more that trade looks fantastic.

Hahaha. The Cowboys are already talking about ways to defend RGIII and we haven't even drafted him yet.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

DeAngelo says RGIII will be the Prince of D.C.:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...R0NT_blog.html

Quote Originally Posted by aschlar View Post
    Hahaha. The Cowboys are already talking about ways to defend RGIII and we haven't even drafted him yet.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack
    Its pretty good that the Cowboys finally figured out that pressuring the QB is key to effective defense.... in 2012. Those trendsetters... :p

Quote Originally Posted by duck View Post
    DeAngelo says RGIII will be the Prince of D.C.:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...R0NT_blog.html
    "A lot of people liken him to Michael Vick because he’s a black guy and he’s fast, but I just think his mentality — compared to what Mike’s was when he came in the league — it’s 360. Just totally different. This kid wants to be the best, wants to compete.”"

LOL

"A lot of people liken him to Michael Vick because he’s a black guy and he’s fast, but I just think his mentality — compared to what Mike’s was when he came in the league — it’s 360. Just totally different. This kid wants to be the best, wants to compete.”"

LOL
    Yeah, really. The other thing that makes me laugh at this quote is that he is still really good friends with Vick, but he sorta threw him under the bus. I guess you can read into this as "Mike is better now", but still.

Great RGIII quote from his interview with Rick Maese:

Talking about the days leading up to the draft and his schedule getting more busy:
    “It’s been crazy,” he said. “Just try to have fun with it as much as I can, where I can crack a joke and have the time pass by in a good manner instead of being dry. ...It’s tough sometimes. I got up this morning and didn’t want to do half the stuff I had to do today. But you have to realize it’s for a reason. It’s about more people than yourself. If I come to you guys with a bad attitude, you’re going to have a bad attitude towards me the rest of the day and everybody’s going to be mad and you’re going to be like, ‘I don’t ever want to work with Robert Griffin again.’

“I don’t want it to be that way. I want people to have fun, be like, ‘Oh, we got Robert Griffin!’”
    I effing love this guy! He will be a real leader, something we've lacked on offense for 20 years.

Another great quote:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/sto...-make-big-leap
    In response to McShay's preseason analysis, Griffin said in a radio interview after winning the Heisman Trophy: "You never want to be looked at as a sure thing in life because it can rob you of your motivation. The guys that did have me, like you said, as a wide receiver, like Mr. Todd McShay before the season, that just motivates me to continue to go out there to be the best."
    You go RGIII. We will follow

Try to be best ‘cause you’re only a man and a man’s gotta learn to take it
    Try to believe though the going gets rough that you gotta hang tough to make it
    History repeats itself try and you’ll succeed
    Never doubt that you’re the one and you can have your dreams!

You're the best! Around! Nothing's gonna ever keep you down.

...Just sayin'

haha, nice reference. nice.

While we all enjoy the praises of RGIII, there are naturally going to be negatives. I find them hard to come by, but heard Cowherd talking about it today. Found the article he was referencing. Pretty negative stuff:

Recruited by some schools as a WR or safety but signed with Houston coach Art Briles as a QB and then followed him to Baylor. "Very impressed in every aspect," one scout said. "Athletically, which is a given because he was a big-time track star in the state of Texas. He carries himself very well. A tremendous leader." Fourth-year junior led Bears to 10-3 season in 2011 and 22-18 mark overall. "He's phenomenal," another scout said. "He's going to need technique work and fundamentals. But you cannot lose the fact that he's got feet, touch downfield with accuracy, a strong arm. He's charismatic and smart as (expletive)." Hails from Copperas Cove, Texas. "Everybody is just assuming because of the Heisman and the socks and all that bs. . . . they are ignoring a lot of bad tape that he's had," a third scout said. "I don't think he has vision or pocket feel, which to me are the two most important components of quarterbacking. He's just running around winging it. He's (Michael) Vick, but not as good a thrower." Finished with passer rating of 110.1 and 2,254 yards rushing (33 TDs). "He has better arm action and is more accurate with his deep ball, but he's not as good as Cam Newton," a fourth scout said. "As much as is written about his athleticism, his athleticism under duress in the pocket isn't even close to Cam Newton's. This guy, the only way he gets big plays with his feet is if he's got a wide-open field and the sea opens for him. He's got a little bit of a selfish streak, too. Everybody was laying on Cam, but for some reason this guy has become gloves off. He doesn't treat anybody good." Another scout also questioned the way Griffin deals with people.
    That being said, so f'in what. Welcome to the B&G RGIII. People bad mouthed Cam Newton to hell and he proved them wrong. Prove some of these scouts wrong too. I'm no professional scout, but some of this stuff sounds negative just to be different.

While we all enjoy the praises of RGIII, there are naturally going to be negatives. I find them hard to come by, but heard Cowherd talking about it today. Found the article he was referencing. Pretty negative stuff:

That being said, so f'in what. Welcome to the B&G RGIII. People bad mouthed Cam Newton to hell and he proved them wrong. Prove some of these scouts wrong too. I'm no professional scout, but some of this stuff sounds negative just to be different.
    That must be the biggest amount of BS I have read all year, and I peruse the NST often. "He doesn't treat anybody good"? Another scout questioned the way Griffin deals with people? He only makes plays if he has a wide open field? You mean like this play, where he gets flushed, keeps his eyes downfield, stands in to get smacked and threads the pass between two defenders to beat a team that Baylor never beat?

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast