What part of your game do you need to improve the most?

I have to become a better chipper. Sometimes I even find myself putting from the collar or even low-cut rough if I am not confident in my chipping that day. I keep practicing, but I have noticed very limited improvement of late.

Chipping for me as well. It's the hardest thing to master and the first thing to go if you don't play a lot.

My definition of "lag" is anything longer than my putter.

Driving accuracy, IE: Costing myself 2+ shots per round on out of bounds drives.

Having been a single digit handicap most of life, I learned to practice the proper way. 70% of my practice is from 100 yards and in. Putting, chipping, pitching.

Its hindered my long game a little now that I only play a couple times a week, but I've put it on my list for this year.

I love seeing dudes on the range beside me hitting an entire bucket with a driver and 3-wood.

I'm decent with the putter and good inside like 125ish. But for some reason I tend to chunk the hell out of my long irons thinking that I need to overswing them to get the distance.

Just as an aside, one of the best pieces of advice i got on the game of golf came from a Tee-side advertisement: "Slow your backswing; Launch your career".
    ----------------------

if you want to follow me you should know
    I was lost then and I'm lost now
    And I doubt I'll ever know which way to go

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan007 View Post

Its hindered my long game a little now that I only play a couple times a week, but I've put it on my list for this year.
    Only a couple times a week?!?!?

I HATE you.
    ----------------------

if you want to follow me you should know
    I was lost then and I'm lost now
    And I doubt I'll ever know which way to go

Quote Originally Posted by SinkLikeAStone View Post
    Only a couple times a week?!?!?

I HATE you.
    Dont forget that I only get to golf from May-October amigo...

Hitting golf balls is my #1 hobbby. Going to the range with my ipod and being the only guy there is my absolute favorite. Yesterday it was raining like crazy and cold as hell, but I was there working on my game.

Its like my zen sanctuary.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan007 View Post
    Dont forget that I only get to golf from May-October amigo...

Hitting golf balls is my #1 hobbby. Going to the range with my ipod and being the only guy there is my absolute favorite. Yesterday it was raining like crazy and cold as hell, but I was there working on my game.

Its like my zen sanctuary.
    I'm right there with you. There's a nice, cheap, little Par 3 right by my house and I've gotten a lot better in the short range game, but my driving has suffered mightily.

Putting - it has prevented me from every becoming anything more than an above average golfer. I almost never make a put longer than 8 feet, though conversely I make almost every put 4 feet and under. But if you can't make a 12-15 footers with pretty regular consistency you just aren't going to score that well.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
    -Kurt Vonnegut "Mother Night"

Quote Originally Posted by seahawksfan837 View Post
    I'm right there with you. There's a nice, cheap, little Par 3 right by my house and I've gotten a lot better in the short range game, but my driving has suffered mightily.
    Yeah as a minor update, its been pretty funny this year.

Playing a Par 3 course right by my house about 2-3 nights per week. Burn around with a buddy in 2 hrs or less. My short game is going very well, firing on all cylinders and cleaning up in their weekly mens night events there.

I leave all my long clubs at home and get to hit important shots on a small course and still work on the feel/confidence aspect from 150 and in.

Its a frowned upon course in my town though and when I play my Sunday game with my other group of buds, they dont know I've been honing my game somewhere else because they dont see me there, haha.

I've put up some pretty low numbers this year, I'm encouraged by where my game is right now. I kind of want to play some amateur tournaments just to get the juices flowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
    Putting - it has prevented me from every becoming anything more than an above average golfer. I almost never make a put longer than 8 feet, though conversely I make almost every put 4 feet and under. But if you can't make a 12-15 footers with pretty regular consistency you just aren't going to score that well.
    If that's considered poor putting then I'm completely screwed. I can literally get on the green in 2 or 3 (my chipping is far the best part of my game); but I'm basically a guaranteed 3 putt at this point.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Chipping and my driver are my two biggest problems. When I played a lot a few years ago, my driver was pretty reliable. Now it is a complete adventure. I'm a bit torn in that I can reliably hit my rescue about 220-230 but it's hard to give up that extra 40-50 yards really hurts on some courses.

My chipping game is slowly coming back. For me, chipping is all about tempo.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

I've been doing a pretty cool thing this year to help my game: Keep more stats. I have a notepad and write down my score/putts/gir/fw's hit etc. I also mark how I struck each shot with arrows pointing for slices, hooks etc.

I mark down everything I can think of in order to see what I need to work on.

As far as todays 79...I had one triple bogey with an OB, zero three putts (30 total) and the FW's and GIR were both at fifty percent (I also only missed a couple by 3-5 feet each, but thats how it goes).

I think it will help my game a ton. I should have been doing this a long time ago. I would use a smartphone app to do this, but I get irritated seeing people pull out there phone all day long.