Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueNBlue View Post
    I didn't say I was defending it, just saying the manufactured outrage by everyone is over the top.

Okay, let me go back into the kitchen to see if I can cook up some manufactured outrage to make everyone happy.

HURRRRRR IM SO OUTRAGED !!11111

There, happy?
    I'll disagree and say it isn't manurfactured. I know listening to his defensive "gameplan" made me much angrier then I had been.

for example, if a Williams had said "We have to physically dominate these guys, make them feel the pain, beat them to a pulp, and make them think twice, etc" (or something to that effect) I would definitely chalked it up to "that's just football" but to hear him say in detail how they want to attack each player, followed up with the universal money sign (i.e rubbing the fingers together), that's just wrong.

If he had even said, "so and so has a bum knee. Let's make him work it and put pressure on it and see if we can take advantage of it" (or something like that) isn't as bad and "As let's go for his knee."
    Last edited by PatsFan2003; 04-06-2012 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breed View Post
    It's manufactured outrage to say Gregg Williams went too far?
    It's not. He did go too far.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyke1doe
    Brady has led Super Bowl teams to last-minute victories. Boller has led his team into the cafeteria.

I didn't say I was defending it, just saying the manufactured outrage by everyone is over the top.

Okay, let me go back into the kitchen to see if I can cook up some manufactured outrage to make everyone happy.

HURRRRRR IM SO OUTRAGED !!11111

There, happy?
    If you're not feeling the outrage, fine, I'm not going to criticize you. But to call it manufactured outrage is silly. That tape is pretty eye opening IMO. He's not just talking about kicking people's ass, he is talking about targeting individual body parts and going for head injuries. That's pretty explosive. My reaction is not manufactured. I could care less about any of the teams involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Complaints Dept View Post
    It's not. He did go too far.
    I agree. I'm just curious as to where all this manufactured outrage is. All the posts I've read in this thread as well as what I've heard on tv/radio shows seems to be pretty reasonable.

Maybe I've missed the calls though calling for Williams head on a platter. Or saying the NFL needs to be disbanded for the good of humanity.
    The world is a toll-free toilet
    Our mouths neurological ass0s
    And psychologically speaking
    We're in a state of mental diarrhea
    Talking sh*t a mile a minute
    Or in a state of constipated notions
    Can't think of nothin' but sh*t, and in this world of stinky futures
    Sh*tty memories and constipated 19 now-nows
    Emerges from the hiney of your head the doo doo chasers
    The Promentalsh*tbackwashpsychosisenemasquad
    Bringing you music to get your sh*t together by

What makes you so confident that the outrage is not genuine?

I didn't care about the bounties before because I felt some people overreacted to it and also since I figured most teams do it, BUT, now hearing how specific he was in that tape it goes way past just hard hitting knocking guys out.
    "You don't understand, there was shrinkage."

his speech wasnt really offensive for a football locker room until he started naming names

i would be surprised if he wasnt banned for the nfl for life

Please...

All this hoopla about what Williams said. So what? Again, you get any defensive player that has done 10 years in the league and they'll tell you that what Williams said is common talk. The problem is that non-football playing media and people are not prevey to this type of information because it's locker room talk. Notice, no players in the league are really saying anything? Notice no other coaches in the league are saying anything? Because they all have done it too. So..stop villifying Williams.

The REAL Villian in all this is Adolph Hitler Goodall. He's trying his damnest to vinilla down Football. Football is a game of violence. Always has been. And Goodall is turning the game into Arena/Flag football. Everyone is being tricked/distracted by looking at Williams. What fans need to be concerned about is how defense IS NOT BEING ALLOWED to play defense anymore. Every rule change is against the defense.

I understand that Adolph Goodall has issues with old players coming back and sueing the league. But..to handle that issue going forward, all he has to do is make all players sign a waiver stating the injury rate of the game, and stating that if they want to participate in this profession of football, they must sign away their right to sue after their career is over for medical reasons. Simple. Problem solved.
    Last edited by skinswin!; 04-07-2012 at 06:20 PM.
    Daniel Snyder is a curse.

Quote Originally Posted by skinswin! View Post
    All this hoopla about what Williams said. So what? Again, you get any player that has done 10 years in the league and they'll tell you that what Williams said is common talk.
    Actually, players and coaches who have played in the league say that it isn't common. At all. See post 223.
    "Let's eat Grandma!"..."Let's eat, Grandma!"
    Punctuation saves lives.

The heavens declare Your glory - X Structure at the Core of Whirlpool Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Niner Empire View Post
    his speech wasnt really offensive for a football locker room until he started naming names

i would be surprised if he wasnt banned for the nfl for life
    I was thinking the same thing. The 1st part of the speech was the more general "Hit them in the mouth type of speech". The second part where he talked about how to hurt specific players was where he went way over the line. I can only hope other lockers rooms aren't that bad.
    Last edited by PatsFan2003; 04-07-2012 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skinswin! View Post
    Please...

All this hoopla about what Williams said. So what? Again, you get any player that has done 10 years in the league and they'll tell you that what Williams said is common talk. The problem is that non-football playing media and people are not prevey to this type of information because it's locker room talk. Notice, no players in the league are really saying anything? Notice no other coaches in the league are saying anything? Because they all have done it too. So..stop villifying Williams.

The REAL Villian in all this is Adolph Hitler Goodall. He's trying his damnest to vinilla down Football. Football is a game of violence. Always has been. And Goodall is turning the game into Arena/Flag football. Everyone is being tricked/distracted by looking at Williams. What fans need to be concerned about is how defense IS NOT BEING ALLOWED to play defense anymore. Every rule change is against the defense.

I understand that Adolph Goodall has issues with old players coming back and sueing the league. But..to handle that issue going forward, all he has to do is make all players sign a waiver stating the injury rate of the game, and stating that if they want to participate in this profession of football, they must sign away their right to sue after their career is over for medical reasons. Simple. Problem solved.
    People thinking Williams went too far in his pregame talk is vilifying Gregg Williams. But you calling Goodell Adolph Hitler is on point and appropriate?

As for your problem solving idea for knocking future player litigation against the NFL out the box for good. Can one of our posters who's a lawyer or law school student opine on whether that's a viable alternative.
    The world is a toll-free toilet
    Our mouths neurological ass0s
    And psychologically speaking
    We're in a state of mental diarrhea
    Talking sh*t a mile a minute
    Or in a state of constipated notions
    Can't think of nothin' but sh*t, and in this world of stinky futures
    Sh*tty memories and constipated 19 now-nows
    Emerges from the hiney of your head the doo doo chasers
    The Promentalsh*tbackwashpsychosisenemasquad
    Bringing you music to get your sh*t together by

Quote Originally Posted by FamineGod View Post
    Actually, players and coaches who have played in the league say that it isn't common. At all. See post 223.
    That is bull what your saying.

Notice how you haven't heard "Mr. Defense" for the last decade Ray Lewis stay silent?? Notice how they don't talk to Deacon Jones or Lawrence Taylor about this??? Because this is common talk amoungst defensive players and always has been. Remember when Ray Lewis put that kapow hit on Mendenhall a couple of years ago? Defensive players want to hurt you. And always have. Wake up!!

Quote Originally Posted by Breed View Post
    People thinking Williams went too far in his pregame talk is vilifying Gregg Williams. But you calling Goodell Adolph Hitler is on point and appropriate?

As for your problem solving idea for knocking future player litigation against the NFL out the box for good. Can one of our posters who's a lawyer or law school student opine on whether that's a viable alternative.
    Goodall is trying to legislate violence out of a game of violence. He IS the anti-christ of the NFL. He wants to change the way the game is played from pop warner on up. Yes......he is Adolph Hitler Goodall. Because what he is doing is the begining of the end of the type of football that we like. We don't want flag football. And the day it changes to that, that's when the NFL will lose its popularity, ratings and then ultimately, advertising fees.

Injuries are part of the game. Period. NFL is a collision sport. And if these guys CHOOSE to play, they know the healthy risk. But they play because they want the money, fame and glory. Them pretending at the end of their career that they didn't know the health risk is a bunch of bull$hit and we all know it. So..make them sign a waiver, stating the obvious health dangers and then be done with it.

Some jobs have health hazzards. Period. And there is nothing you can do about them.

Men who work in colemines, Men who work under the streets...

These jobs have health hazzards but just like the NFL, these guys know it but want the money anyway. Those guys sign waivers that state that they know the risk but want the jobs anyway.

Adolph Goodall wants to keep the star players upright the whole season. But the nature of the game says NO to that because generally, are not the teams that play and ultimately win the Super Bowl the most healthy teams??

Every since Brady got knocked out in the KC game that first game of the season, Goodall and the NFL have lost their Damn minds in their changing of the rules. Everybody can't have their star players uninjured every year. That's part of the game!

But Goodall really only cares about offensive players. Thus..that's turning the game into Arena Football.

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast