Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    While watching the Lions/Saints SNF game this past season, I noticed some Saints defenders twisting, pulling, unnecessarily holding on to the legs of Lions players after they tackled them. At the time, I figured they were trying to goad the Lions into taking personal foul penalties (which some players took the bait).

Now, with this allegation, perhaps something additional was going on...? <shrug>
    "Let's eat Grandma!"..."Let's eat, Grandma!"
    Punctuation saves lives.

The heavens declare Your glory - X Structure at the Core of Whirlpool Galaxy

Tell me where the bomb is or I will kill your son.

"Responsibility without conviction is weak, but it is sane. Conviction without responsibility, in the current incarnation of the Republican Party, is raving mad."

I wonder what Kurt Warner thinks about this after unnecessarily getting knocked the **** out after an INT in the 2009 playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by FamineGod View Post
    While watching the Lions/Saints SNF game this past season, I noticed some Saints defenders twisting, pulling, unnecessarily holding on to the legs of Lions players after they tackled them. At the time, I figured they were trying to goad the Lions into taking personal foul penalties (which some players took the bait).

Now, with this allegation, perhaps something additional was going on...? <shrug>
    Was saying it all year....but I am just surprised they were
    stupid enough to do it formally, with coaches involved. Then again. Sean Payton is an arrogant SOB.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by FamineGod View Post
    You don't think a team potentially trying to injure an opposing team's players is worse than coaches illegally filming teams?
    Payers playing EACH OTHER for ON THE FIELD performance? No. Not at all. That kind of stuff has been going on forever.

I think its bad. Really bad. But not worse than Spygate. Maybe on par.

Quote Originally Posted by VikingFan2k2 View Post
    Eat a bag of dicks.

I love how your shat defense has been rolled by a couple teams from the West these last 2 years.

I guess if your squad isn't cheating, it isn't winning.

Benson didn't even try to deny it. The only problem is a lot of these stiffs have probably moved on to different teams so the Saints won't suffer any consequences.
    Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirk View Post
    Payers playing EACH OTHER for ON THE FIELD performance? No. Not at all. That kind of stuff has been going on forever.

So by that logic, your team should get a huge fine and forfeit it's first round draft pick.
    "I rooted for the Russians in 1980 because they were the better team." - Twolvesguy

Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirk View Post

I think the main issue is that it sounds like basically the entire organization (including the owner and GM) knew that this thing was going on.

Spygate was never anywhere near that.
    "Let's eat Grandma!"..."Let's eat, Grandma!"
    Punctuation saves lives.

The heavens declare Your glory - X Structure at the Core of Whirlpool Galaxy

Does Donte Whitner get a cut of the bounty? So many Saint fans couldn't wait for the game to end to call that a dirty hit.
    Draft well and then coach em up!

Find the next Ronnie Lott & Justin Smith & Jerry Rice & Deion Sanders

Just sayin'...
    Tell me where the bomb is or I will kill your son.

"Responsibility without conviction is weak, but it is sane. Conviction without responsibility, in the current incarnation of the Republican Party, is raving mad."

First of all, at least this explains why the Saints blitzed the hell out of the 49ers in the first pre-season game the past year. Didn't think of it much then, nor do I care much about it now.

Secondly, I think I'll wait till far more info comes out on this to make a final judgment, as I think it's quite premature to say 'oh this is waaaay more serious than spygate and whatnot. On the surface, I don't think it's anywhere near spygate, but I guess we'll see.
    Last edited by Ricky Roma; 03-02-2012 at 10:17 PM.

I know one thing for sure...if the Bucs had a bounty system they failed miserably last season.

Another SB winner raping the rule book. I hope the NFL drops the hammer on them, but they'll probably get away with something less severe.

The Eagles must have had a bounty for missed tackles. Jarrad Page made a killing!

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast