Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

NFL: Saints broke bounty rule

Breaking, per Shefter (these are individual tweets):

NFL security determined between 22 and 27 defensive players on the Saints, as well as at least one asst. coach, maintained a bounty program.
    Investigation reviewed 18.000 documents totaling more than 50,000 pages. Commissioner Goodell will determine the discipline.
    NFL determined that former Saints DC Gregg Williams administered the program with knowledge of other defensive coaches.
    Discipline for the Saints could include fines, suspensions and forfeiture of draft choices.
    NFL investigation of Saints began in 2010 when allegations were made that Saints targeted QBs such as Brett Favre and Kurt Warner.
    Tell me where the bomb is or I will kill your son.

"Responsibility without conviction is weak, but it is sane. Conviction without responsibility, in the current incarnation of the Republican Party, is raving mad."

LaCanfora: According to the NFL, the bounty pool totaled upwards of $50K at times w/ payments for "knock-out hits" w/ players and coaches contributing
    Aaron Wilson (Balt. Sun): Roger Goodell: 'Payments here are particularly troubling because they involved not just payments for ‘performance,’ but for injuring players
    Battista: NFL says neither Sean Payton nor Mickey Loomis did anything to stop the bounties when they became aware of them.
    Looks bad. Real bad.

Allegedly the Saints owner ordered GM Mickey Loomis to discontinue the program, and Loomis flouted his directive.

"Responsibility without conviction is weak, but it is sane. Conviction without responsibility, in the current incarnation of the Republican Party, is raving mad."

I'll care what the NFL has to say about this when they stop making money off those hits.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    I'll care what the NFL has to say about this when they stop making money off those hits.
    Come on. This is silly, even for you.

Are they (the NFL) still making "Big/biggest hits" videos/CDs for sale?
    I'm your mama, I'm your daddy
    I'm that nigga in the alley
    I'm your doctor when in need
    Want some coke, have some weed
    You know me, I'm your friend
    Your main boy, thick and thin

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

Ain't I clean, bad machine
    Super cool, super mean
    Dealin' good for the Man,
    Superfly, here I stand
    Secret stash, heavy bread
    Baddest bitches in the bed

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

Quote Originally Posted by JackBauer View Post
    Come on. This is silly, even for you.
    Look who's talking about silly comments. You're probably chained to a tree while posting this.

The NFL makes ridiculous money off those biggest hit videos and now want to act like they care? Gimme a break.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

For this to happen while Goodell is trying to really crack down on player safety? Buckle up, NO...
    "Let's eat Grandma!"..."Let's eat, Grandma!"
    Punctuation saves lives.

The heavens declare Your glory - X Structure at the Core of Whirlpool Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Breed View Post
    Are they (the NFL) still making "Big/biggest hits" videos/CDs for sale?
    Are they in any of the DVDs they sell? At all.

Even one.

- Ghandi

Look who's talking about silly comments. You're probably chained to a tree while posting this.

The NFL makes ridiculous money off those biggest hit videos and now want to act like they care? Gimme a break.
    Yeah. I'm pretty sure there's a an ambulance chaser somewhere who's in need of an paralegal with your level of reasoning ability.

There is nothing wrong with hits per se, but clearly there is an added dimension when you're providing a monetary incentive to knock opposing players out of the game.

I gotta agree with this. If the NFL is still selling big hits videos. They'll just be talking out both sides of their mouth if/when they down on the Saints.

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

Super cool, super mean
    Superfly, here I stand

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

Quote Originally Posted by JackBauer View Post
    Yeah. I'm pretty sure there's a an ambulance chaser somewhere who's in need of an paralegal with your level of reasoning ability.
    Which obviously runs circles around yours.

- Ghandi

Big whoopy whoop...

Are they in any of the DVDs they sell? At all.

Even one.
    I was simply asking if they're (the NFL powers) still producing/profiting off big hit videos that feature NFL players. I truly have no idea.

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

Super cool, super mean
    Superfly, here I stand

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

Quote Originally Posted by Breed View Post
    I gotta agree with this. If the NFL is still selling big hits videos. They'll just be talking out both sides of their mouth if/when they down on the Saints.
    If they are selling the DVD's, they already are talking out of both sides of their mouth. See Jerome Harrison, Dunta Robinson, etc.

Regardless, the NFL will come down hard on the Saints, if this is verified.
    "Let's eat Grandma!"..."Let's eat, Grandma!"
    Punctuation saves lives.

The heavens declare Your glory - X Structure at the Core of Whirlpool Galaxy

Which obviously runs circles around yours.
    Coming from the guy who is still swinging from VY's nuts?

Anyway, whether or not it's hypocritical isn't particularly relevant. What is relevant is that, if these allegations are true, the Saints are going to get bent over by Goodell. So that, in and of itself, is newsworthy.
    Last edited by JackBauer; 03-02-2012 at 08:37 PM.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast