Tracking AFC West Opponents Off Season Moves

I guess it should have started with Dennis Allen being signed as Raiders HC.

Today, Chiefs sign CB Stanford Routt off of Oakland.

Now it appears that Brandon Carr will become a FA as the Chiefs are unlikely to meet his price.

anyone know what his (Carr) price "is"?

KC:
    Offensive Coordinator = Brian DaBoll (will be the most important signing this offseason. belly-button lint would be better than a Haley/Muir offense.)

Thanks, IHT - feel free to post Chiefs updates here anytime.

I don't know your answer, although I suspect that Carr will be looking for #1 CB $$. This was part of what PFT had to say about the topic:

Before the Routt deal, it appeared the Chiefs had a tough decision to make regarding whether to tag Carr or Bowe. We’d argue Carr is a better player overall than Routt, but his relatively low pricetag made his deal worthwhile. Brandon Flowers, Routt, and Javier Arenas make a fine top-three cornerback lineup for the Chiefs.

Kansas City obviously had a good idea what Carr was looking for in a contract. Routt likely wanted much less and the Chiefs must not have believed the difference in the two players was too great. The Chiefs may have been hesitant to pay two cornerbacks huge money after already rewarding Brandon Flowers.

I heard that Haley has never talked to Rolthlisberger even one time since being named OC.

IMHO, the Chiefs screwed up. They should have tagged Carr. Routt had like 17 pass interference penalties and gave up 8 TDs. Most times , I thought Carr was their best defender and I've never been a Flowers fan.

I also think the Chiefs screwed up on the CB switch out.

we'll see how Carr/Routt change pans out.
    i think Routt went from being a solid #2 guy, covering the other teams #2 WRs, to being the #1 CB having to cover better guys. he won't be doing that so much in KC with Flowers there.
    Carr continued to get better the past couple years, but he never turned his damn head, otherwise he'd have been a leader in the league in INTs... he just never did it, and i have no clue why, he'd just watch the WR make a catch over Carrs shoulder. he also has crappy hands, as a number of easy INTs have been dropped by him.

btw - Flowers is an amazing tackler. i believe some site said that of the catches he gave up, there were 0 missed tackles.

won't really matter who we have at CB if Crennel doesn't keep bringing the heat like he did the last 5 games of the season last year. we gave up in the high 20 PPG, were dead last in sacks until he unleashed the hounds.
    if he goes back to his conservative ways, we'll get eaten up just like last year.

btw - if you're in a fantasy league with me and i own Big Ben, he can be had in trade for super cheap. i feel sorry for the guy.
    amazing people still think Haley will "hold players accountable" when he didn't do it here in KC at all (unless your name is Jared Gaither and his 1 penalty that got him cut). so glad Haley is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by IHT View Post
    amazing people still think Haley will "hold players accountable" when he didn't do it here in KC at all (unless your name is Jared Gaither and his 1 penalty that got him cut). so glad Haley is gone.
    The only thing better than Haley getting fired is his being hired as the OC in Pitt.
    There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them.

Not glad to report that while we are doing (almost) nothing, other teams in the division have done some good things.

I think KC has helped themselves with Hillis at RB, Boss as a blocking TE and Eric Winston at RT.

They also signed Brady Quinn, but I wouldn't put that in the same category as the other three.

Pessimistic Chiefs fan happy with the moves, but Mark Castle is still the QB, so the division is probably still wide open. And that's assuming forehead doesn't pick Elway.