Stanford Signed - Carr Gone?

What we've got here is failure to communicate....some men you just can't reach

with the pass-happy rules, i think we need more depth at CB. i think we "could" keep Carr as well, as long as he doesn't price himself too highly.
    i don't know why people have him ranked as the #2 FA out there (forget what site that was, but it was based on possible FAs, not guys likely to be F-tagged). he's not a bad CB, but he had a lot of room for improvement. the guy never turns his head around to make plays, and if he does, he doesn't come up with the INT very often on many easy chances.

if Routt is the #3 CB, and we have Flowers/Carr ahead of him, i'd be happy with that.

we have plenty of salary space, but we can't waste it by overpaying for a #2 CB (like what Oak did with Routt a couple yrs back).

I think Carr is a legit #1 CB (and will get paid accordingly)....that's solely my opinion but I think the defense takes a step back by losing him

Routt was overpaid with this last contract. He needed to have a better year (esp in the redzone) but he's still a good man corner. that said I can't see pioli locking up carr to a big deal as well. In fact I think there is some chance he skips to Oakland for the corner trade.

Lots of good CBs in FA this year makes this not hurt much.
    You are unique... Just like everyone else.

Carr is gone, likely to Detroit is my guess, for Flowers type money. Being able to sign a comparable CB in Routt, except for a couple of years in age, to this contract, will free up the Chiefs to do other stuff, and not worry about having to overpay Carr, or draft a CB early to replace him. This was an outstanding move by Pioli.

Quote Originally Posted by GiveUp2122 View Post
    but I think the defense takes a step back by losing him
    i don't dislike Carr, and he's improved over the years.
    what would make this defense improve is being more aggressive like we were the last 5 games of the year, when we dropped our PPG from the very high 20s to very low teens.
    if we sit back like we did the first 11 games last year, when we were last in the league in sacks, then we'll surely take a step back.

Quote Originally Posted by IHT View Post
    if we sit back like we did the first 11 games last year, when we were last in the league in sacks, then we'll surely take a step back.
    Well of course...if Justin Houston progrsses like I expect I don't think that will be a problem

Quote Originally Posted by GiveUp2122 View Post
    Well of course...if Justin Houston progrsses like I expect I don't think that will be a problem
    yep, liked that pick a lot last yr...

Carr is a legit CB. If Routt is depth and they sign Carr, this is a very good move and I hope the first of many to improving this team. If this is yet more being cheap, getting worse, then LOL once again. Most cap room in the league = no need to "free up" anything. Sign Routt, sign Carr, sign Bowe, and sign some other worthwhile MFers too.