Thread: Twisted Metal

Twisted Metal

I know it's a PS3 exclusive, so that limits the amount of people here playing it, but did anyone else pick it up?

I got it Tuesday, and I've been pretty impressed. They added some new aspects, but kept the same traditional arcade-style gameplay.

I've been thinking about picking that up and the Jak and Daxter HD Collection.

I like the demo. But overall i was one of the few that didn't play much of the original.
    CWood Jedi returns!

Nope.

I haven't played since TM2 and I'll play again when they start making it for PCs again.
    The word "hero" is frequently abused badly. This is a real hero.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFin View Post
    I've been thinking about picking that up and the Jak and Daxter HD Collection.
    With the next Sly Cooper coming out, I picked up the HD Sly Collection and have really enjoyed playing them again. I will pick up Twisted Metal eventually, but right now I have several titles to knock out first. I spent way too much time playing MW3 and got way behind on playing other games.

Quote Originally Posted by seahawksfan837 View Post
    I know it's a PS3 exclusive, so that limits the amount of people here playing it, but did anyone else pick it up?

I got it Tuesday, and I've been pretty impressed. They added some new aspects, but kept the same traditional arcade-style gameplay.
    What is the online play like?

Quote Originally Posted by Muscle View Post
    What is the online play like?
    Let me preface: I'm an original TW junkie. I'm in my 20s, so I grew up on this game on the PS1. It didn't have to be that great for me to love it.

With all that said, I think the online mode is great. Don't expect miracles. It's the same arcade-style play as the originals...just against other people. There are a few different modes: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Hunted (one guy is the "hunted" and everyone tries to kill him which makes the killer the "hunted") and a couple objective-based games.

I mostly stick to Deathmatch, as I like it the best. It's a blast to me. The only negative is that sometimes there is a struggle getting into games (a connection issue I believe) but other than that it's great.

It's probably only a game for those who loved the 1st ones though. My roommate who never played them, hates it.

I loved all of the earlier TM games, still have em too. I also have TM Black which I also enjoyed a lot. These games are definitely in my wheelhouse as I also had the Vigilante 8 games and loved them as well. I will definitely pick it up, probably sooner rather than later. I just have so little time to play anything these days, but I am finally over my MW3 addiction so I will be playing some different stuff when I do have the chance.

I saw this game on Amazon for $40 the other day and almost picked it up. Knowing what little video game time I have right now though kept me from doing it. Once I do pick it up, I'll hit you up. By that time, you'll probably have moved on though.

Quote Originally Posted by Muscle View Post
    By that time, you'll probably have moved on though.
    Nope, not at all. I burn out on all the Call of Duty's around March or so, but Twisted Metal is a title I fully expect to be playing until the new Playstation comes out. I'm also playing the Show so it's not like I'll burn out because it's all I have.

Whenever you get it let me know and we can play. The other cool thing about the game is that you can play online ranked games split screen, but instead of the other person being seahawksfan837 (2) like Call of Duty, they can actually sign into their account and play at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by seahawksfan837 View Post
    Nope, not at all. I burn out on all the Call of Duty's around March or so, but Twisted Metal is a title I fully expect to be playing until the new Playstation comes out. I'm also playing the Show so it's not like I'll burn out because it's all I have.

Whenever you get it let me know and we can play. The other cool thing about the game is that you can play online ranked games split screen, but instead of the other person being seahawksfan837 (2) like Call of Duty, they can actually sign into their account and play at the same time.
    Sounds good, I'll definitely HYU. I really like the ability to have your own split screen profile. Wish they did that for the CoD games too.