Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakic19 View Post
    Give the Nats top 3 the Philles offense then we will talk. Straight up pitcher for pitcher, they aren't far off.
    What does offense have to do with it? I'm certainly not using W/L. The Nats rotation definitely has potential, but it's not in the same world as Philly yet.

Quote Originally Posted by seahawksfan837 View Post
    What does offense have to do with it? I'm certainly not using W/L. The Nats rotation definitely has potential, but it's not in the same world as Philly yet.
    I would like to see a stat to see how many games those guys are pitching with a lead as compared to the Nats pitchers.
    --Colorado Avalanche
    --San Francisco 49ers
    --Washington Nationals
    --San Antonio Spurs

"If a person has an imaginary friend they call him crazy but if a bunch of people have the same imaginary friend they call it religion"

-My two favourite teams are the SF 49ers and whoever is playing the Seahawks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how we're talking about the Nats top 3 starters and yet no one is mentioning their 2nd best guy.
    The 25-year-old right-hander broke out last season, pitching to a 3.18 ERA with 6.9 K/9 and 1.7 BB/9 with a 39.4% ground ball rate in 161 1/3 innings across 26 starts. His 8-11 record doesn't do his actual performance justice.
    MLBTradeRumors.com
    --Colorado Avalanche
    --San Francisco 49ers
    --Washington Nationals
    --San Antonio Spurs

"If a person has an imaginary friend they call him crazy but if a bunch of people have the same imaginary friend they call it religion"

There is a lot of speculation that the Nationals will deal John Lannan to the Angels for Peter Bourjos, with the Halos putting Mike Trout in center field. The Nats beat Lannan in arbitration last week and were said to be aggressively shopping the left-hander.
    MLBTradeRumors.com

I kind-of like keeping Lannan around for his 180+ innings insurance but he would be our 5th starter at best behind Strasburg, Gio, Jackson and Zimmerman. We then had Detwiler and Chien-Ming Wang to battle for the 5th spot.

Bourjos is a young center fielder who would be our leadoff man and fill our last position of need. Adding him would allow us to move Werth back to RF and have Morse in LF meaning we wont have to rush Harper up. Plus, he is under control until 2017. He hit #2 or #3 for the Angels but I think he would be our leadoff man.
    --Colorado Avalanche
    --San Francisco 49ers
    --Washington Nationals
    --San Antonio Spurs

I would like to see a stat to see how many games those guys are pitching with a lead as compared to the Nats pitchers.
    First, the Phillies' pitchers being better has nothing to do with a lead. They're just a better group. That's one of the best trios in recent history, it's not a knock against Washington or anything.

Secondly, Philly was far from some juggernaut last year, and 2 of the 3 pitchers you're using in the comparison didn't even pitch much (if at all) for Washington last year, so it's not really relevant.

MLBTradeRumors.com
    Yeah, Zimm is a boss and is only going to get better IMO.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by seahawksfan837 View Post
    First, the Phillies' pitchers being better has nothing to do with a lead. They're just a better group. That's one of the best trios in recent history, it's not a knock against Washington or anything.

Secondly, Philly was far from some juggernaut last year, and 2 of the 3 pitchers you're using in the comparison didn't even pitch much (if at all) for Washington last year, so it's not really relevant.
    How many wins do you think Zimmerman would have had last year if he played for the Phillies? 14? 15?
    --Colorado Avalanche
    --San Francisco 49ers
    --Washington Nationals
    --San Antonio Spurs

I love what Washington is doing. But they have no argument against Doc/Hamels/Lee right now.

Now for the next 5 years? They have a very good chance to outperform them.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

How many wins do you think Zimmerman would have had last year if he played for the Phillies? 14? 15?
    You keep bringing up wins. My argument has nothing to do with wins. Nor should any argument when speaking on a pitcher's worth.

Great start from the Nats so far. All this without their 43 save closer who is visiting Dr. James Andrews (uh oh) but the team says he will be back and our 30 HR, 100 RBI left fielder (Morse) who will be out until May/June.

Oh and #1 in ERA in the NL.

Strasburg, Gio, Zimm, Jacskson and Dewitler = Lights out
    --Colorado Avalanche
    --San Francisco 49ers
    --Washington Nationals
    --San Antonio Spurs

Great start from the Nats so far. All this without their 43 save closer who is visiting Dr. James Andrews (uh oh) but the team says he will be back and our 30 HR, 100 RBI left fielder (Morse) who will be out until May/June.

Oh and #1 in ERA in the NL.

Strasburg, Gio, Zimm, Jacskson and Dewitler = Lights out
    Yeah, I picked the Nats to win the NL East, but if you told me they woudln't have Morse or Storen for (likely) the first 2 months I might've paused.

Laroche not doing his typical 300 OPS until July.

- Ghandi

Nats won't even finish top 2 in the NL East, with or without Storen and Morse.
    Last edited by BigFin; 04-18-2012 at 05:05 PM.

Hamels only had 14 wins for them last year, and that was with 31 starts and a 2.79 ERA.

Whoa whoa whoa.

Put that 3 back up there so we can bet a beer in Boca on it. ;)

- Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa.

Put that 3 back up there so we can bet a beer in Boca on it. ;)
    I meant that they would finish "3rd at best" the first time around.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast