Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 100
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Peoples Republic of Massachusetts
    Posts
    40,305
    Go for it Goose.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,794
    I vote for the exhibition test first.

    Do it using a quick sim to save some time.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

    Joseph Palmi: Let me ask you something... we Italians, we got our families, and we got the church; the Irish, they have the homeland, Jews their tradition; even the niggers, they got their music. What about you people, Mr. Wilson, what do you have?

    Edward Wilson: The United States of America. The rest of you are just visiting.

    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    -George Orwell

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,160
    I still feel the rest of this season should basically be a test to try all these changes and then re-draft...don't you guys want to draft knowing all these variables (qb audible rating, qb avoid sack rating, how longevity will work, how durability must be calculated, CB's getting the tackles instead of LB's, ect)
    Last edited by GiveUp2122; 02-01-2012 at 07:34 PM.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate....some men you just can't reach

  4. #49
    Goose31 is offline We beat the Giants' asses
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    7,118
    Quote Originally Posted by GiveUp2122 View Post
    I still feel the rest of this season should basically be a test to try all these changes and then re-draft...don't you guys want to draft knowing all these variables (qb audible rating, qb avoid sack rating, how longevity will work, how durability must be calculated, CB's getting the tackles instead of LB's, ect)
    Yeah, I think you had mentioned that.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Annapolis, Md
    Posts
    11,759
    I'm not really on the fence. I was all for whatever goose felt was best. Since it changed, I'm voting to run a test and see what happens.
    As cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round, and if your bottle's empty help yourself to mine, thank you for your time and here's to life.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose31 View Post
    Yeah, I think you had mentioned that.
    Oh I didn't recall...it blows my mind that this hasn't already been agreed to
    What we've got here is failure to communicate....some men you just can't reach

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,794
    Hell i haven't seen Avelek, Shanny, or Bham at all since we kicked this thing off. They've signed on but never made any comments over here. Xulu has basically said he's not interested in it.

    I bet half the people never even filled out a full gameplan for their team.

    No way are we re-drafting, at least i'm strongly against it. Goose went through a ****load just to upload the draft results. And the draft itself took almost 2 months.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

    Joseph Palmi: Let me ask you something... we Italians, we got our families, and we got the church; the Irish, they have the homeland, Jews their tradition; even the niggers, they got their music. What about you people, Mr. Wilson, what do you have?

    Edward Wilson: The United States of America. The rest of you are just visiting.

    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    -George Orwell

  8. #53
    Goose31 is offline We beat the Giants' asses
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    7,118
    I'm not redrafting.

    GiveUp, you are welcome to start another league or whatever. I will do all I can to help in that endevaour from calculating the stats to dealing with the sim, etc. But I'm not interested in starting this league over. Seems like you are alone in that opinion. The good news is that we can carry along just fine without a few teams in the league. I think we will always have some teams involved and those guys will benefit. But now that the draft has been completed and team strategies set, I dont need much more to make this thing run.

    Honestly, I think you made a really bad trade that I dont think your team can recover from. But I hope you stick it out and stay involved. I, for one, will be totally rooting for you and will give you all the credit in the world if you can turn your team into a winner.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose31 View Post
    I'm not redrafting.

    GiveUp, you are welcome to start another league or whatever. I will do all I can to help in that endevaour from calculating the stats to dealing with the sim, etc. But I'm not interested in starting this league over. Seems like you are alone in that opinion. The good news is that we can carry along just fine without a few teams in the league. I think we will always have some teams involved and those guys will benefit. But now that the draft has been completed and team strategies set, I dont need much more to make this thing run.

    Honestly, I think you made a really bad trade that I dont think your team can recover from. But I hope you stick it out and stay involved. I, for one, will be totally rooting for you and will give you all the credit in the world if you can turn your team into a winner.
    Damn...that was kinda a cheap shot against my trade...I've said before I'll stay involved either way but I will be against major changes without a re-draft. As far as the trade goes...since everyone was against using the realistic audibling ability and avoiding pressure ability on the QB's there really is little to no difference between Peyton and Romo. I'm up for a 1 sec sim on my next game to see how it works out...honestly I'll be surprised if my team does not perform much better after the trade and I'll be the first one to say how bad it was if my team gets worse (even though it's hard to get worse than the bottom of the power rankings)
    What we've got here is failure to communicate....some men you just can't reach

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,160
    About my trade...you do realize I got worse at QB (but not by a huge margin with how this is set up), worse at MLB (but Ray Ray had not been living up to his draft spot), and I improved my LT, RT, CB, DT, and 4th wr?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate....some men you just can't reach

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Peoples Republic of Massachusetts
    Posts
    40,305
    Quote Originally Posted by GiveUp2122 View Post
    I still feel the rest of this season should basically be a test to try all these changes and then re-draft...don't you guys want to draft knowing all these variables (qb audible rating, qb avoid sack rating, how longevity will work, how durability must be calculated, CB's getting the tackles instead of LB's, ect)
    NO!

    N O

    Let's play the games. I'd rather spend 500 hours doing something else other then another draft.

    If people want to start from scratch next season that possible, although I would like to keep a good number of the players I drafted.
    Last edited by PatsFan2003; 02-01-2012 at 09:32 PM.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,160
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan2003 View Post
    NO!

    N O

    Let's play the games. I'd rather spend 500 hours doing something else other then another draft.

    If people want to start from scratch next season that possible, although I would like to keep a good number of the players I drafted.
    You realize I was talking about starting from scratch next season after getting the kinks out this year right? However that got shut down...this will still be fun but not as realistic as it could've been
    What we've got here is failure to communicate....some men you just can't reach

  13. #58
    Goose31 is offline We beat the Giants' asses
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    7,118
    Give - I dont think I took any cheap shots at you. I told you I didnt like the trade from your perspective, but there was nothing offensive or personal about my comments. I did say I would be rooting for you because I think you are a bit of an underdog now.

    Even if Romo and Peyton arent that far apart in the stats (although they are miles aprt in the rankings), I've stated numerous times how much I am against people using players who have an advantage based on their era over truly all-timers. Remember how many times I wrote something about the comparison of Bob Griese vs Matt Schaub? So, the fact that you are using Romo (eventhough I'm a Cowboys and Romo fan in real life) and would trade Peyton Manning bothers me.

    Something else that rubs me the wrong way about talk of a re-draft is that we planned for this season as well as we possibly could. We talked about running this out for numerous seasons and having another one round draft after each NFL season and trying to keep this going for years. You knew that. So, I dont know why you are acting like this has always been a trial season from the start.

    And finally, no one (NO ONE) has an advantage in any of these changes that we are talking about. The Durability thing was agreed upon from the get-go. And when something about the sim affects certain players, its not discriminatory. Sure, some teams might be affected more than others, but the sim doesnt know that. I have just as much chance of being affected (positively OR negatively) as you do, as does Auggie, as does PatsFan, etc.

    I like the draft process, and I wouldnt be against it again at some point. But I'm planning on playing this thing out for at least 3-4 seasons before I'll be ready to go through the whole process again. Matter of fact, I'd be more interested in doing another Basketball Sim or creating a Baseball Sim before I'll be ready to create this league over again. Not only is it a lot of work, this one is going well. A few bumps, but I expected that. It's probably gone smoother than I expected. Just one man's opinion.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I'm going to run the sim of Durability-Adjusted BHam vs Durability-Adjusted Fem later tonight. Some good ideas of possibly better sims to run but I had already started adjusting these two teams (it takes a while, and I've been busy at work today) and wont be able to get to it until tonight. I would prefer to run the 1 second sim, but that wont tell me all I need to know. When players come out for 5-10 plays at a time, its not reported. It is if they are injured, but not tired. So, I need to watch the game so I can track how often (or if at-all) these lower rated players need to leave the game. So, it will take a bit of time. However, my goal is to have an answer (to the question: Will this fix give us what we want from the sim?) by tonight and be able to resume with Week 5 games tomorrow.
    Last edited by Goose31; 02-01-2012 at 09:54 PM.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Peoples Republic of Massachusetts
    Posts
    40,305
    Quote Originally Posted by GiveUp2122 View Post
    You realize I was talking about starting from scratch next season after getting the kinks out this year right? However that got shut down...this will still be fun but not as realistic as it could've been
    I realize that and while I would likely go with the consensus it was still VERY time consuming. I was just going against your tendency to blow things up and start over rather then improve on what we have. Think of it as the difference between the Mac 1.0 and today's Mac.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Peoples Republic of Massachusetts
    Posts
    40,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose31 View Post
    Give - I dont think I took any cheap shots at you. I told you I didnt like the trade from your perspective, but there was nothing offensive or personal about my comments. I did say I would be rooting for you because I think you are a bit of an underdog now.
    I don't know about that. I'm very capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory with my high-powered offense!

    We'll see how the next match goes. I'm very curious.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Part of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties.