Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by seahawksfan837 View Post
    Well that was rough...you get a 4 run lead in the 1st inning and that's a game you should win.

Beavan tomorrow...pitch to contact type guys with that Texas lineup seems like a deadly mix, but hopefully we can scratch and claw our way to a win. We'll be facing Neftali Feliz, the converted closer who has pretty sick stuff. No starting experience though, so it will be important to jump on him early.
    Yeah, could be ugly... I didn't have too much hope for our pitching this season outside of Felix but I do like what i've seen from our offense... With how young they are - they're only going to get better... Seager has been a pleasant surprise... I hope Vargas can keep it up cuz we're going to need him big time...

Texas can put up the runs so we're going to have to score at least 5 or 6 a game this series to give us any chance of winning...

I wish we could fast forward time, like 4 months. Watching Noesi-Beavan-Millwood is gonna suck. I just want to watch Felix-Walker-Paxton-Hultzen-Vargas. That's a much more entertaining staff.

JMR is offline defender of the high life
    I wish we could fast forward time, like 4 months. Watching Noesi-Beavan-Millwood is gonna suck. I just want to watch Felix-Walker-Paxton-Hultzen-Vargas. That's a much more entertaining staff.
    Looks like Beaven did pretty well. 0 runs will never get it done. The youngsters are bound to be inconsistent at the plate I guess.
    U MAD BRO??

Oh, don't get me wrong, I like Beavan. I actually wanted him to start over Noesi and Millwood if Hultzen and Iwakuma were in the rotation. Beavan's not a bad pitcher, but he is what he is. A pitch-to-contact guy who doesn't miss many bats at all. He's a nice back end up the rotation pitcher. If he continues to pitch well he could very well be the 5th guy behind Felix and the dynamic trio.

The problem with guys like Beavan is basically the law of averages. When that many balls are put into play, eventually that will hurt you. I know there are examples of guys who made a career off of pitching to contact, but the list of pitchers who didn't is a lot larger. That said, I think a 4 ERA with a 1.35 WHIP is certainly attainable and would make a solid BOR pitcher.

The biggest thing with him is location. If he can master hitting the right spots, he can make a nice career for himself. Yesterday, his location was spot-on and he kept everything down.

I still think the complete disappearance of his fastball is one of the more odd things I've seen from a prospect in recent history. Coming up with the Rangers (former 1st round pick as well) he had a dynamite fastball and was actually a decent strikeout pitcher. It just disappeared on him one year and now he tops out at 90, 91. Credit to him for making something out of it and not going the way that most guys do when they lose that much velocity.
    Last edited by seahawksfan837; 04-11-2012 at 09:36 AM.

Neftali Feliz, including his start to today's game, managed to hold the M's batters to a career 0-59 against him until Smoak got that single.

I honestly don't think I've ever seen anything like that before. Ridiculous. To have 59 at bats without a single hit against a guy is just mindblowing.
    Last edited by seahawksfan837; 04-11-2012 at 09:37 AM.

Brings to mind Pedro's dominance over the Ms while he was with the Red Sox.
    "Personal foul, 69, offense. He was giving him the business."

Bummer, lost 3 of 4 this series to the Rangers... We're now at the .500 mark... At least they are showing some promise... I like what i'm seeing.. If things go as planned, we could be the Rangers in a few years..

Hitting still isn't where it needs to be, although it looks like it will be an improvement from last year.

Seager's homer today was sweet. He is really raking right now. If he's replaced when Carp gets back I might riot on Edgar Martinez Drive.

Saunders continues to do a pretty nice job filling in for Guti, with a game tying double and game-winning run last night.

Gutierrez better come to play when he's back with all the guys stepping up (Seager, Saunders, etc.)

I also think Jaso needs to be starting over Olivo. I can't stand Olivo and his awful defense and awful approach at the plate.
    Last edited by seahawksfan837; 04-13-2012 at 02:29 AM.

Good thing the M's decided to show up for their biggest crowd in years...

Yawn.

Nice pitching clinic by Noesi tonight... Great win...

Montero needs help in that lineup, but boy....what a show he put on tonight.

I know I've been saying this for a couple years now but Justin Smoak...where art thou? For a "make or break" year he's sure gotten off to a bad start.

Montero needs help in that lineup, but boy....what a show he put on tonight.

I know I've been saying this for a couple years now but Justin Smoak...where art thou? For a "make or break" year he's sure gotten off to a bad start.
    I think he got off to a bad start last season too and then got hot before his injury...

Montero is going to be an absolute stud... I'm so excited about this guy... He reminds me a lot of Edgar...

Great game by, Beavan tonight... Nice to see him get the win... Smoak and Ryan with HR's at Safeco... Love watching this team... We're only 6-5 but they've at least been fun and competitive...

Atta boy Smoaky! Maybe I need to criticize him more often. :)

It's only the A's, but very encouraging starts by Noesi and Beavan. After losing the first game (pitched by Felix no less), a great end to the series.

Ichiro had a nice RBI double as well. Glad to see him getting accustomed to the 3-hole.

I'm excited, but we've played 7 of 11 vs. the A's. It'll be nice to see this team tested by some better teams.

Atta boy Smoaky! Maybe I need to criticize him more often. :)

It's only the A's, but very encouraging starts by Noesi and Beavan. After losing the first game (pitched by Felix no less), a great end to the series.

Ichiro had a nice RBI double as well. Glad to see him getting accustomed to the 3-hole.

I'm excited, but we've played 7 of 11 vs. the A's. It'll be nice to see this team tested by some better teams.
    It's very nice to see Ichiro doing well in the 3 hole... It is the A's but we'll take the wins when we can... We'll have a pretty good test with Cleveland...

Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast