Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    The best spot for Ichiro IMO would be 3rd. That way, in 2 out, no one situations, if he gets a single, swipes 2nd, we're just a base hit from scraping a run out of a seemingly dead 1st inning. If he gets caught stealing (not often), we get our 4-5-6 hitters up next inning.

IF we HAVE to endure another season of Figgins starting, I like this lineup:

1- Figgins
    2- Ackley
    3- Ichi
    4- Montero
    5- Smoak
    6- Carp/Wells
    7- Olivo/Jaso
    8- Gutierrez
    9- Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post
    Ugh. Is that the only place where it's going to be broadcast? Bummer.
    Online streams are your friend.

Not at that hour of the morning they aren't.
    "I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference."

Quote Originally Posted by seahawksfan837 View Post
    The best spot for Ichiro IMO would be 3rd. That way, in 2 out, no one situations, if he gets a single, swipes 2nd, we're just a base hit from scraping a run out of a seemingly dead 1st inning. If he gets caught stealing (not often), we get our 4-5-6 hitters up next inning.

IF we HAVE to endure another season of Figgins starting, I like this lineup:

1- Figgins
    2- Ackley
    3- Ichi
    4- Montero
    5- Smoak
    6- Carp/Wells
    7- Olivo/Jaso
    8- Gutierrez
    9- Ryan
    If you're starting Figgins I would hit Ackley first. You can't have one of your worst hitters getting so many ABs.

I might even hit Wells 2nd against lefties due to his solid LHP splits. I'd also move FraGu up against lefties.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    If you're starting Figgins I would hit Ackley first. You can't have one of your worst hitters getting so many ABs.

I might even hit Wells 2nd against lefties due to his solid LHP splits. I'd also move FraGu up against lefties.
    Ackley is needed in the middle of the order unfortunately. I think Gutierrez should get a shot at leading off to be honest.

He's hitting 2nd. That's still really a table setter.

But in a good platoon guy in the 2 hole (FraGu or Wells vs. Lefties; someone else against RHPs) and you've got the makings of the lineup.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Ackley at 2 is still better than leading off.

I don't think Wells is a good 2 hitter. Strikes out too much.

Quote Originally Posted by seahawksfan837 View Post
    Ackley at 2 is still better than leading off.

I don't think Wells is a good 2 hitter. Strikes out too much.
    Against lefties though. Both he and FraGu are bad against righties but against lefties could be much higher up in the order.

- Ghandi

1 Figgins
    2 Ichiro
    3 Ackley
    4 Montero
    5 Smoak
    6 Carp/Wells
    7 Olivo/Jaso
    8 Gutierrez
    9 Ryan

Here is the lineup I'd put out there. Only difference from 837's is Ichiro/Ackley swap. Either way, I like the looks of these lineups a whole lot better than anything we've rolled out in the last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperHawks View Post
    1 Figgins
    2 Ichiro
    3 Ackley
    4 Montero
    5 Smoak
    6 Carp/Wells
    7 Olivo/Jaso
    8 Gutierrez
    9 Ryan

Here is the lineup I'd put out there. Only difference from 837's is Ichiro/Ackley swap. Either way, I like the looks of these lineups a whole lot better than anything we've rolled out in the last decade.
    On second thought, I think I like this idea better. I could go either way on Ackley/Ichiro to be honest.

Against lefties though. Both he and FraGu are bad against righties but against lefties could be much higher up in the order.
    I'd have to check the splits, but I believe Wells still strikes out quite a bit against lefties.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Wells fan. I think he's a potential starting OF, not just a 4th, but I think he's more suited for the middle-late part of the order.

Wells walked more against lefties but struck out at an equal rate (virtually) against everyone last year.

You're right tho, in 2010 he struck out more against lefties and walked less.

His minor league numbers were pretty lefty centric too IIRC.

http://www.fangraphs.com/splits.aspx...t=lr&type=full

- Ghandi

What I hate is when Ichiro takes batting practice he woo's the crowd with all his power and HR's... Then the game begins and he becomes a slap hitter.... Batting #2 or #3 would force him to have to hit for some power... I'd be interested to see what he can do there... I'd be ok w/ Figgy leading off this year...

There's a significant difference between hitting homers in BP and in the game though. I've heard for years that he cranks 'em out in BP, but would that translate to live pitching? And if it did (say 20 HRs) at what cost? A sub-.300 OBP? I'd rather him stay the same if the rest of his stats took a significant dive trying to hit for power. He's been the same hitter for almost 20 years, I could see a LOT going wrong if he tried to dramatically change his approach all of a sudden.

If he's batting #2, I doubt he's going to change his approach much, if at all.

Wells walked more against lefties but struck out at an equal rate (virtually) against everyone last year.

You're right tho, in 2010 he struck out more against lefties and walked less.

His minor league numbers were pretty lefty centric too IIRC.

http://www.fangraphs.com/splits.aspx...t=lr&type=full
    So wouldn't you agree that would be a pretty bad fit for the #2 hole?

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast