Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperHawks View Post
    I mean, I hear what you are saying and as a fan I hope you are right. That is a lot of "ifs" though. Realistically all of those you guys listed won't be as good as advertised and JackZ will continue being handcuffed by this horrible ownership group. I'm all for getting value for Felix while it is at an all time high because IMO we won't be finishing better than 3rd in our own division for at least as long as Felix is under contract. Do you know something I don't about Felix wanting to re-sign again? I find it hard to believe he'd want to keep playing for a team that averages 3 runs per game when he can step right in somewhere else and win a world series. I can't fathom why someone wouldn't want to trade him in this scenario.
    He's repeatedly said he wants to work out an extension when the time comes. It's way too early to call the offense FUBARed for the duration of his contract. There are still 486 regular season games to be played before Felix becomes a free agent. That's an eternity in baseball.

This season we'll get an idea of where we stand youth-wise. Is Smoak a viable option? What can we expect out of Ackley? Montero? Was Carp a mirage? Can Guti be a .780-.800 OPS guy?

Next offseason, we can hopefully make a couple moves with payroll coming off the books and we should also have Hultzen and Paxton in the rotation with Walker not far behind.

I mean, we've dealt with the REALLY bleak times in Seattle, IMO the future is actually bright now. Guys like Felix don't grow on trees and there's no guarantee that Paxton/Walker/Hultzen/whatever prospect we'd get in a trade would ever turn out to be like Felix.

I hate the M's brass as much as anyone, but if we start winning and the casual fans start going to games, they'll up the payroll just like they did in the 00s. They SHOULD be upping it now, instead of pocketing record profits, but that's a discussion for another day.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperHawks View Post
    I do agree with you on Pineda. I never got the hype, even last year as he was blowing up. MLB hitters will adjust to his fastball eventually. Unless he develops an off speed pitch he will never sniff Ace status.
    I think he's a solid #2.

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    Where would Pineda be? You couldn't have traded both Pineda and Felix, montero was in both deals.
    He said he would trade Felix for Lawrie... That would be Felix and Pineida gone for Lawrie and Montero...

M's sign Carlos Guillen to a MiL deal.
    "Personal foul, 69, offense. He was giving him the business."

Quote Originally Posted by MKHawk View Post
    M's sign Carlos Guillen to a MiL deal.
    I can live with that... He's one of four guys I was hoping the M's would sign and bring in... Guillen has a nice bat but he's made of Pnt Brittle... Nice signing here though, I like it... He can play 3rd, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Anointed One View Post
    I can live with that... He's one of four guys I was hoping the M's would sign and bring in... Guillen has a nice bat but he's made of Pnt Brittle... Nice signing here though, I like it... He can play 3rd, right?
    With the injury caveat you already brought up (relating to him playing anywhere in the field), yes.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle 3B. That's 4 guys that will either be 3B/utility now (Guillen, Seager, Figgins, Liddi). I'd think they'll keep 3 and send one down (Liddi).

It's on like Donkey Kong...

Pitchers and Catchers report to camp today...

About time.

Awesome! I forgot that the A's/M's open up the MLB season on March 28th in Japan for a two game season... The remaining teams open April 6th...

I'm actually very excited about staying up until 2 in the morning to watch baseball. Couldn't tell ya why, but I am.

Quote Originally Posted by seahawksfan837 View Post
    I'm actually very excited about staying up until 2 in the morning to watch baseball. Couldn't tell ya why, but I am.
    Being on the east coast I'm thankful for Tivo.
    "I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference."

Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post
    Being on the east coast I'm thankful for Tivo.
    You get the MLB package?

Per Geoff Baker of the Times:

"Expect for Chone Figgins to be named the lead off hitter in the next couple days."

I don't have a problem with Figgins being the leadoff hitter as there is really nothing to lose. I DO have a problem with them seemingly giving him a job this early though, when both Seager and Liddi appear to be far more deserving. Props to Ichiro as well for being a true team player and moving out without a fuss. I think a lot of people in his position (10 years at leadoff, one down year) would not be happy, but reports are he hasn't had anything negative to say about the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by MKHawk View Post
    You get the MLB package?
    Ugh. Is that the only place where it's going to be broadcast? Bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by seahawksfan837 View Post
    Per Geoff Baker of the Times:

"Expect for Chone Figgins to be named the lead off hitter in the next couple days."

I don't have a problem with Figgins being the leadoff hitter as there is really nothing to lose. I DO have a problem with them seemingly giving him a job this early though, when both Seager and Liddi appear to be far more deserving. Props to Ichiro as well for being a true team player and moving out without a fuss. I think a lot of people in his position (10 years at leadoff, one down year) would not be happy, but reports are he hasn't had anything negative to say about the switch.
    Props to Ichiro, but I still have to wonder what photos Figgins has to (a) stay on the roster, and (b) get a choice spot in the lineup. Of course, Wedge might be looking at batting Ichiro second, which would me that he would be looking at empty bases 75% of the time, so it's no adjustment for him...
    "I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference."

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast