How did Peyton get hurt?

Maybe the biggest story of the year and I have no idea how he got hurt. I know he played against the Jets in their last game of the season. Is that the game he got hurt? Forgive the ignorance and I know I'm way late, but I know I never figured out how he got hurt and was just curious.

Something that's been building up for years. I think the first surgery took place after the 2009 season. They believe the origins can be traced back to a 2006 game against Washington when he took a brutal hit that bent him back. I think I have that one on DVD-R somewhere.

Wow, I hope Eli doesn't have any lingering effects of the Niners game when he might have taken the worst beating of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCoughlin View Post
    Wow, I hope Eli doesn't have any lingering effects of the Niners game when he might have taken the worst beating of his career.
    with the 2 weeks off he should be fine, i seriously doubt the pats will even touch him

The play Still references is a cheap shot by a Redskin D-lineman who bent Manning back after a play was over. No flag obviously.

I think it was lugging an 80 pound head around for 35 years. Had to get that one out of the way.
    There is nothing on Earth worse than a Republican Patriots fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Niner Empire View Post
    with the 2 weeks off he should be fine, i seriously doubt the pats will even touch him
    They certainly touched Flacco. The Giants' O-line isn't very good. But I hope you're right. If that's the case the Giants have a very good chance to win the game.

They certainly touched Flacco. The Giants' O-line isn't very good. But I hope you're right. If that's the case the Giants have a very good chance to win the game.
    Flacco had awful pocket presence. None of those were quick sacks.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

He hurt it trying to look up the skirt of Brady's wife...

Quote Originally Posted by KRD227 View Post
    He hurt it trying to look up the skirt of Brady's wife...

he hurt it looking up the skirt of Jim Nantz?
    The Leafies are Scumbags.

Quote Originally Posted by sweeper View Post
    I think it was lugging an 80 pound head around for 35 years. Had to get that one out of the way.
    that's what i would believe as well.

if he was "bent back", the only thing that would affect his neck (where the surgeries were) is being bent over in that area.
    of course, something like this could just come naturally over time/use, not 1 single hit or "injury".
    he is 36 now... i know in the long lives we live now it doesn't seem old. but there are people out there that have spinal issues without having suffered big time injuries for years on end.

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    Flacco had awful pocket presence. None of those were quick sacks.
    While Eli usually gets it out quickly (though he's taken a sack over throwing a pick more this year), he also had a few sacks against SF where he held on to the ball too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Niner Empire View Post
    i seriously doubt the pats will even touch him
    Just curious how you formed this opinion?

While Eli usually gets it out quickly (though he's taken a sack over throwing a pick more this year), he also had a few sacks against SF where he held on to the ball too long.
    I expect Eli to have 350 yards+ passing. That being said, Pats will get to him a few times. Not sure why SF fan thinks that won't happen.
    Picking them off... one at a time!

-(I pity da Q)

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    he hurt it looking up the skirt of Jim Nantz?
    Alright, I laughed.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyke1doe
    Brady has led Super Bowl teams to last-minute victories. Boller has led his team into the cafeteria.

Quote Originally Posted by BradyJustWins View Post
    I expect Eli to have 350 yards+ passing. That being said, Pats will get to him a few times. Not sure why SF fan thinks that won't happen.
    I thought he would have 350+ yards passing last game too, he didn't even have 300 yards, granted he now has Nicks playing for him. It wouldn't surprise me if BB comes up with some ingenious game plan and shuts down the offense.