Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinsDevil View Post
    i agree that CSU, TCU and Wyoming have the ability to play up to the level of SDSU, UNM or UNLV on a given day. However a loss to any of the three former team will not look good to the committee, as all have work to do to enter the tournament field so such a loss would hurt.

However, the only true upset i see being feasible is the CSU/TCU winner against SDSU in the semifinals. I don't see SDSU falling to Boise, UNM falling to Air Force, or UNLV falling to Wyoming at the Thomas and Mack Center (anywhere else it would be a possibility), and if any of those three things happened, then it WOULD be a serious mark against the favored team, not just in perception but in reality.

(btw i live in Lobo Country and my mother is a UNM grad - i can speak more intelligently about the MWC off the cuff than i can about most conferences)
    Yep...CSU, TCU and Wyoming all are much tougher outs when they play on their home courts....but both CSU and TCU can really shoot and if they are on, would force the Aztecs to match.....BTW, SDSU just swept the MWC POY awards for both MBB and WBB...Congrats to Steve Fisher and Jamaal Franklin...well deserved....after being such a wildcard as a young player for much of this season with really dumb mistakes offsetting his crazy athelticism and ability, Franklin is really starting to put it together and become a flat out beast of a basketball player. http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/...top-mw-awards/
    Last edited by Boltergeist; 03-06-2012 at 02:40 AM.
    RIP Junior Seau San Diego Chargers Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Boltergeist View Post
    Yep...CSU, TCU and Wyoming all are much tougher outs when they play on their home courts....but both CSU and TCU can really shoot and if they are on, would force the Aztecs to match.....BTW, SDSU just swept the MWC POY awards for both MBB and WBB...Congrats to Steve Fisher and Jamaal Franklin...well deserved....after being such a wildcard as a young player for much of this season with really dumb mistakes offsetting his crazy athelticism and ability, Franklin is really starting to put it together and become a flat out beast of a basketball player. http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/...top-mw-awards/
    If the vote were held today, i don't think Jamal Franklin would still have won.

but the final version of the brackets are ready, and will be posted momentarily
    I don't have a signature. You're imagining reading this right now. You should really see a mental health professional about this.

I am pleased to unveil the final version of SkinsDevil's Bracketology. For the third straight year, the Q and I have put our heads together and compiled a full 68-team bracket. As always, this bracket assumes that higher seeds will win tomorrow's games

#1 Seeds
    1. Kentucky (South)
    2. Syracuse (East)
    3. North Carolina (Midwest)
    4. Michigan State (West)
    therefore the South Champion will play the West Champion in the Semifinal Matchup while the East Champion will play the Midwest Champion

SOUTH BRACKET - Regional to be held in Atlanta, GA
    1. Kentucky (Rounds of 64 and 32 to be played in Louisville, KY)
    2. Missouri (Omaha, NE)
    3. Michigan (Louisville, KY)
    4. Georgetown (Nashville, TN)
    5. Wisconsin (Nashville, TN)
    6. Memphis (Louisville, KY)
    7. Virginia (Omaha, NE)
    8. Creighton (Louisville, KY)
    9. St. Louis (Louisville, KY)
    10. Notre Dame (Omaha, NE)
    11. Colorado State (Louisville, KY)
    12. Long Beach State(Nashville, TN)
    13. Belmont (Nashville, TN)
    14. South Dakota state (Louisville, KY)
    15. Detroit (Omaha, NE)
    16. LIU-Brooklyn/Misssissippi Valley State (First Four Game in Dayton, OH, winner to Louisville, KY)

EAST BRACKET - Regional to be played in Boston, MA
    1. Syracuse (Pittsburgh, PA)
    2. Ohio State (Pittsburgh, PA)
    3. Baylor (Albuquerque, NM)
    4. Florida State (Portland, OR)
    5. Florida (Portland, OR)
    6. San Diego State (Albuquerque, NM)
    7. Temple (Pittsburgh, PA)
    8. Gonzaga (Pittsburgh, PA)
    9. California (Pittsburgh, PA)
    10. Connecticut (Pittsburgh, PA)
    11. North Carolina State (Albuquerque, NM)
    12. South Florida (Portland, OR)
    13. Montana (Portland, OR)
    14. New Mexico State (Albuquerque, NM)
    15. Lehigh (Pittsburgh, PA)
    16. Loyola of Maryland (Pittsburgh, PA)

MIDWEST BRACKET - Regional to be played in St. Louis, MO
    1. North Carolina (Greensboro, NC)
    2. Kansas (Omaha, NE)
    3. Marquette (Columbus, OH)
    4. Indiana (Albuquerque, NM)
    5. Wichita State (Albuquerque, NM)
    6. UNLV (Columbus, OH)
    7. Southern Mississippi (Omaha, NE)
    8. Iowa State (Greensboro, NC)
    9. Alabama (Greensboro, NC)
    10. Xavier (Omaha, NE)
    11. Purdue (Columbus, OH)
    12. West Virginia (Albuquerque, NM)
    13. Marshall/BYU (First Four Game in Dayton, OH, winner to Albuquerque, NM)
    14. Akron (Columbus, OH)
    15. Lamar (Omaha, NE)
    16. Western Kentucky/Norfolk State (First Four Game in Dayton OH, winner to Greensboro, NC)

WEST BRACKET - Regional to be played in Phoenix, AZ
    1. Michigan State (Columbus, OH)
    2. Duke (Greensboro, NC)
    3. Louisville (Nashville, TN)
    4. Murray State (Portland, OR)
    5. New Mexico (Portland, OR)
    6. Vanderbilt (Nashville, TN)
    7. Kansas State (Greensboro, NC)
    8. Cincinnati (Columbus, OH)
    9. St. Mary's (Columbus, OH)
    10. Harvard (Greensboro, NC)
    11. Virginia Commonwealth (Nashville, TN)
    12. Colorado (Portland, OR)
    13. Texas/Misssissippi State (First Four Game in Dayton, OH, winner to Portland, OR)
    14. Davidson (Nashville, TN)
    15. UNC Asheville (Greensboro, NC)
    16. Stony Brook (Columbus, OH)
    Last edited by SkinsDevil; 03-11-2012 at 06:24 AM.
    I don't have a signature. You're imagining reading this right now. You should really see a mental health professional about this.

Go Buffs!

Looks lovely. I assume Michigan State and Ohio State would flip flop if OSU wins today? Or does one of the other #2's jump ahead and mess everything up then?

Quote Originally Posted by SkinsDevil View Post
    If the vote were held today, i don't think Jamal Franklin would still have won.

but the final version of the brackets are ready, and will be posted momentarily
    Drew Gordon had a good MWC tourney...I agree, he would probably have been the winner after that. Too bad Drew chose New Mexico over his dad's school SDSU. That could have been a special team with Drew Gordon as a complement to the Aztecs strong backcourt. At least they will have some major talen coming in for the front court next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Edonidd View Post
    Looks lovely. I assume Michigan State and Ohio State would flip flop if OSU wins today? Or does one of the other #2's jump ahead and mess everything up then?
    Kansas is the top 2 seed, and would be the beneficiary if either UNC or Michigan State lost today.

seedings look fair to me...still worried that CSU may get screwed and/or SDSU may drop to a 7 after the loss yesterday. will be interesting to see how it plays out as always.

Ok - so who's setting up a group on ESPN or whatever w/password? Come on you loafers.
    I promise I won't do it again

Oh - and Drexel got screwed.
    I promise I won't do it again

I gotta say, me and Skins talked long and hard about Iona.

As high as their RPI was, there were really no quality wins on their resume.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Drexel over Iona though? I'd rather have rewarded Washington for winning the Pac XII regular season title. Yeah, their resume stunk and the Pac XII was down, but winning the regular season title outright is far more impressive than winning a 4 day tournament. Yes, my school benefited from winning that tournament, but still I think the regular season champs should get an automatic bid too.

Quote Originally Posted by JonBlaze View Post
    Drexel over Iona though? I'd rather have rewarded Washington for winning the Pac XII regular season title. Yeah, their resume stunk and the Pac XII was down, but winning the regular season title outright is far more impressive than winning a 4 day tournament. Yes, my school benefited from winning that tournament, but still I think the regular season champs should get an automatic bid too.
    Washington was our very last team out.

Drexel was in the 80s in RPI and their SOS was 224.

They shouldn't have been in the conversation at all IMO.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by JonBlaze View Post
    The Pac 12 was garbage. Pure garbage. Washington had a harder SOS than Iona, but lost to Duke, Marquette, Cal, and St. Louis. They didn't beat ONE team that is in the tournament.
    Last edited by Jay Ridnour; 03-12-2012 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ridnour View Post
    The Pac 12 was garbage. Pure garbage. Washington had a harder SOS than Iona, but lost to Duke, Marquette, Cal, and St. Louis. They didn't beat ONE team that is in the tournament.
    The novelty of Washington is that what happened to them had never happened before. But we saw the same thing you did when push came to shove with our last spot in the mock tourney.

Besides St. Bonaventure and Iona we hit this tourney pretty damn good.

- Ghandi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12