Thread: Joe Philbin

Joe Philbin

Has anyone heard his name associated with a HC job? I'd like the Dolphins to give him a look and sign Matt Flynn.

Also, do you think Finley is going to get a sizable contract from GB, or will they let him walk?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFin View Post
    Has anyone heard his name associated with a HC job? I'd like the Dolphins to give him a look and sign Matt Flynn.

Also, do you think Finley is going to get a sizable contract from GB, or will they let him walk?
    finley is getting tagged don't even think about it.
    It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

I've seen blurbs linking Philbin to interviews in KC, JAX and MIA. While Philbin fits in well on the GB staff, I honestly don't see him getting a HC gig since MM is the real brains behind the offense. Stranger things have happened though.

GB using the tag on Finley seems likely. With Finley having a down year, I'm hoping that GB eventually gets him signed to a deal similar to what Jordy Nelson signed a few months ago (3Y/13.5M)

With a good group of WR intact, I think it makes more sense to draft a Fleener or Allen instead of throwing all that money at Finley. Use the savings on other FA's.

With a good group of WR intact, I think it makes more sense to draft a Fleener or Allen instead of throwing all that money at Finley. Use the savings on other FA's.
    Maybe, but TT's pattern has been to pay the young core players while letting the vets walk. With players like Nelson, Bishop and Hawk recently signing multi-year deals in the 4M-5M/YR range, I fully expect Finley to be offered something in that neighborhood. With the TE tag coming in at ~5.4M, that will be an option if a multi-year deal can't be worked out prior to the tag deadline.