Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos / Pats

Broncos / Pats

This is an interesting matchup for a lot of reasons.

This game will be a measuring stick for how the Broncos might do in the playoffs. I think the Jets and the Bears had top defenses in the league - the Patriots will have a top offense and the Belichek mystique. A win here and the Broncos have a chance at moving up in the playoff seedings - as the Broncos will be favored in their final two games.

The Broncos ought to be able to run on these guys (though I don't think McGahee was at top form against the Bears) - if they can - they can control the clock. From what I can tell the Bronco defense plays much better on the shy side of 30 minutes - than they do when they have to get out to the field all the time. If McGahee can't carry the ball like he should - I wish the Broncos would just give Lance Ball and Jeramiah Johnson the ball more often. Ball has a pretty good burst.

Stopping Gronk will be the toughest thing to accomplish. I had a plan to swap him for his twin brother who was here, but you all laughed at me.

I think it will be harder to run on the Pats defense than we think, they aren't that bad vs the run, the way to beat the Pats is to throw a lot because that secondary is bad. Tebow has to have close to 40 pass attempts.

I still don't know if our recievers get open and Tebow doesn't see them or they just can't get open on a consistant basis, if they are worth a damn they should of a good day vs that secondary.
    "You don't understand, there was shrinkage."

I think Denver needs to lock Bailey on Welker and a player like Woodyard on Gronkowski. Then, Allen can be creative with the rest of the coverages, and roll players into lanes near both of these players. Doom and Vonn need to apply some pressure to really help the DBs. I like Miller coming up the middle to put pressure in Brady's face.
    "MY QB CAN BEAT UP YOUR QB...BUT WOULDN'T!"

McGahee ? is he healthy ? or was the bears playing him all the way?

1) I don't think the Pats are a happy team and this thought didn't just start with the blow up between Brady and the OC.

2) I don't think their DLine is all that good. Nothing like the Bears.

3) I don't think their OLine is all that good. Put Orton behind that line and see what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mingo View Post
    I had a plan to swap him for his twin brother who was here, but you all laughed at me.
    Gronkowski doesn't have a twin brother. He has a lot of brothers but he isn't a twin.

There is another brother of his playing for Kansas State right now also.
    They say that love is more important than money, but have you ever tried to pay your bills with a hug?

I give us less than a 1% chance of victory. These are the Pats we are talking about!!

Quote Originally Posted by Draft Crazy View Post
    Gronkowski doesn't have a twin brother. He has a lot of brothers but he isn't a twin.

There is another brother of his playing for Kansas State right now also.
    You sir - are a professional kill joy!

Quote Originally Posted by BRONCO KEN View Post
    I think Denver needs to lock Bailey on Welker and a player like Woodyard on Gronkowski. Then, Allen can be creative with the rest of the coverages, and roll players into lanes near both of these players. Doom and Vonn need to apply some pressure to really help the DBs. I like Miller coming up the middle to put pressure in Brady's face.
    Yea I'd mix things up on Defense. With Dawkins possibly out I'd drop Moore deep and let him play a centerfield prevent style role. Miller and DJ should be blitzing often with Woodyard dropping in coverage and Mays rarely playing. If they want to run I might let them. A running game plays into the Broncos gameplan. In fact I'd probably run a nickel/pass defense formation most of the game and keep a speedier defensive unit out there at all times.

I think we will play a nickel D most of the time, but I think DJ and Woodyard will have to matchup with Gronkowski and Hernandez. I kind of like the idea of putting Von and Doom as the DEs and play Woodyard, DJ, and Haggen as the LBs. Playing zone might be effective enough to let the pass rush get there as the Patriots like those shorter passes. We have to get to Brady or it is going to be a terribly long day.

On O we have to be able to pass the ball as Belichek likes to take away what you do best, and for us that is running the ball. We need to be able to pass enough to be a threat to the D. The other thing that has to happen is when Tebow delivers a nice ball the WR, TE, or RB has to catch it. There were too many drops against the Bears.

I think this is a game where the team needs to get some momentum going early, and not waiting till the 4th quarter. I would say our chances of winning are around 40%.

Great read from Fat Man on how Denver should open things up:

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...he-4th-quarter
    "MY QB CAN BEAT UP YOUR QB...BUT WOULDN'T!"

Spreading it out, up tempo, and passing the ball should work great vs the Pats secondary.

On defense Fox and Co. need to watch the Pitt/Pats game and see how the Steelers jammed the WR's at the line and played press coverage. Do we have the personal to do that though?
    "You don't understand, there was shrinkage."

Goodman missed time Sunday due to a concussion. I am not sure we can count on him to be there on Sunday so our CBs would be Champ, Chris Harris, Vaughn, and Wilhite. Not exactly the best CBs in the league, but they hopefully be good enough to allow the pass rush to get there.

Think Tony Carter would be active? I don't know what kind of shape he is in, but if he is in good shape - I think Dennis Allen can make really good use of him - I wouldn't be surprised if Tony Carter makes some plays before the year's out.

The Broncos and Patriots played the first-ever game in the American Football League back in 1960, with the Broncos winning 13-10. Winning wasn't common for the Broncos at that time, but they beat the Patriots 31-24 in their second meeting that season. The Boston Patriots were one of the few teams the Broncos played almost even in the 60's, with the Broncos going 8-10 against them. Since the merger though, the Broncos have dominated the series, winning 20 and losing only 5. Two were playoff wins (22-17 in 1986, and 27-13 in 2005). The last time the Broncos and Patriots met was in 2009, and the Broncos won 20-17. Against Patriot teams with Tom Brady at quarterback, the Broncos have posted a 4-2 record, including a 2005 playoff win.

Since 1960 the teams have played 43 games against each other. The Broncos have won 28 and the Patriots 15. In the years after Elway's retirement (1999-2011), the Broncos have posted a 7-2 record against the Patriots.

I like history...and I hope the Broncos continue their dominance over the Patriots.
    "All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"
    - Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast