View Poll Results: Do you have a crazy uncle?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

4 44.44%
  • No.

5 55.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do you have a crazy uncle?

It seems that almost everyone I know has at least one "crazy uncle" - do you and if so do you have any interesting stories about him?
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
    -Kurt Vonnegut "Mother Night"

Yes, and he just died.

He claimed to be a Vietnam vet (not true); had rubella (not AIDS, just self-abuse); claimed his rubella sores were due to exposure to Agent Orange.

I am the crazy uncle.
    I've got binders full of women
    and a one point plan.

Yes. He watches Fox News religiously.
    “Since Jesus preached that a ‘spiritual kingdom’ focuses on the world beyond……a true Christian makes a bad citizen. Christians do not care about improving temporal society because they are interested only in a future one.”—Hector Avalos, Fighting Words: The Origins of Religious Violence

Quote Originally Posted by RayClay View Post
    I am the crazy uncle.
    Ditto. This should have been an option, lazy assed poll maker.
    There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by LGM View Post
    Ditto. This should have been an option, lazy assed poll maker.
    Yes, that definitely should have been an option, I wish I would have thought of it before.

As to me, yes I have a crazy uncle. He is a huge gun nut (I think he has almost 90 guns) and a part time conspiracy theorist. He is a smart guy, and extremely well read; but is also lazy and has pretty much mooched off my grandparents for his entire adult life.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."

Quote Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
    Yes, that definitely should have been an option, I wish I would have thought of it before.

As to me, yes I have a crazy uncle. He is a huge gun nut (I think he has almost 90 guns) and a part time conspiracy theorist. He is a smart guy, and extremely well read; but is also lazy and has pretty much mooched off my grandparents for his entire adult life.
    How does collecting firearms make him crazy?

Because he uses them as bud vases...

"I will punch you." - Wounded Bear

Yes I do. But he's crazy in a cool kind of way. He's a Vietnam vet and did some gnarly stuff. He was black ops so he can't talk about anything he did, the missions he went on, or where he was deployed. But some crazy sh*t definitely happened that he alludes to (political assassination, torture, etc.). When he left the military in the early 90s he then went back to college and became an artist. He worked with charcoal, paints, water colors, and then turned to pottery, ultimately making his own kiln and firing his own pieces. Now he's retired and does a little art teaching at Indiana University on the side in between playing golf and marathon world of warcraft sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory J. Bonini View Post
    How does collecting firearms make him crazy?
    That alone isn't enough to qualify him as crazy, but when added with the other stuff it equals crazy.

Yeah, I'm the crazy Uncle....my newphews rock!
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

One more vote for crazy uncle. Though frankly I'm probably pretty tame next to the crazy aunts.

I had a crazy uncle that had his hand blown off in WW2. The real shame is that he was a great drawer. My mom has some of his drawings hanging in her house.

My wife has a crazy uncle. He really likes guns and little girls. He's not sure which he likes best as he's done time for both. I turned him into the authorities once. I'd kill the dude if I ever saw him again.
    My name is Mongo. I like to dance.....

Another Crazy Uncle here. I have 14 nieces and nephews on my side of the family, ranging in age from 35 to 5. I've always been the fun crazy uncle. The one who teaches them how to make fart sounds with their arm pits or hands. Now I have 3 great nieces and nephews on my side. Also have 6 great ones on my wife's side. All who have always known me as the silly Uncle.

But it can be tiring.

I was chasing my 5 year old niece around this summer (she is the daughter of my youngest sister.) My oldest sister comes out and says "I remember you did that with my girls." The 5 year old thinks that is cool, since those other two girls are now moms of their own. After a few minutes I tell the 5 year old I need a rest. She asks if I had to rest with the other two girls. I tell her NO because I was only 22 then and almost 50 now.
    “Here’s to alcohol: the cause of, and solution to, all of life’s problems.”

I don't have one, but my wife has a uncle who is just plain stupid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast