Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tonystavoli View Post
    We gotta see how that center out of USC is who we just drafted.
    I don't think we'll see much out of him this year. He's almost a carbon copy of Hawes anyway. I want a big man who can get me some boards and block shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggloo View Post
    He reportedly looked up and down playing against competition in Europe. Some good games, some games where he struggled. Looks to be more of an offensive center, not a guy who is going to haul down 1o rebounds a game in the NBA ever. Think Mehmet Okhur.
    Well that's not good.

Basketball, and the Sixers have always been my first love. That said, I am not excited about this season. There's no upside with a team when Iguodala is your best and max paid player, and you probably don't have a youngster on a rookie deal who will ever be better than Iguodala is right now. They need to blow it up and deal Iguodala and realize you aren't going to win that trade. Just take a package of young players and picks and don't take salary back in the deal. Then you get to see if Turner is the real deal. Don't rush into a deal to resign Thad. He's replaceable.

Doug Collins is going to have his team ready coming right out of the gates. They'll be in the hunt early, at least until some of the other teams find their games. Then it's a youthful team and it will have to grow as the season progresses. The whole situation certainly looks better than two years ago.

Yet another reason not to watch basketball.....
    http://www.philly.com/philly/news/br...ot_ideas_.html

Man those aren't very good. Apparently the Henson Creation Group actually needs Jim Henson.

Quote Originally Posted by keyred View Post
    Yet another reason not to watch basketball.....
    http://www.philly.com/philly/news/br...ot_ideas_.html
    OMG, those choices are downright terrible.

Agreed +1. Terrible

That is pretty bad. I would go with Ben Franklin there...

Really not sure why any basketball team needs a mascot anyway. Mascots are best for Football and Baseball while Basketball has Cheerleaders. With that said those choices are Bad. I have a feeling after the public outcry of how bad those are they might ditch them and try again. At least one can hope.

Anyone take a look at the NBA schedules? I was looking at the Sixer's Schedule and all I know is depth is going to be more important then ever. With very few days off these guys are going to be exhausted and the teams with the best depth will have a big advantage. In fact these super teams who have a few superstars, but no one else could be in big trouble. If I'm the Sixer's I'm using our youth to run up and down the floor to tire out the other teams we're playing. If they do they could have a better season then we normally expect.

http://www.philly2philly.com/politic..._earth_like_pl

Missing Hip Hop already...

On a positive note... Evan Turner has been working with Herb "Shot Doc" McGee all off season.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgecoach View Post
    http://www.philly2philly.com/politic..._earth_like_pl

Missing Hip Hop already...

On a positive note... Evan Turner has been working with Herb "Shot Doc" McGee all off season.
    Yeah and I heard he's already comfortable with his new shooting technique. That has to bode well for his game.

This guy has better ideas for mascots and they aren't great.

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/...ur-suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Lofaw View Post
    Anyone take a look at the NBA schedules? I was looking at the Sixer's Schedule and all I know is depth is going to be more important then ever. With very few days off these guys are going to be exhausted and the teams with the best depth will have a big advantage. In fact these super teams who have a few superstars, but no one else could be in big trouble. If I'm the Sixer's I'm using our youth to run up and down the floor to tire out the other teams we're playing. If they do they could have a better season then we normally expect.
    If im the sixers, im shipping lue will,thad,iggy and a pick to NO for cp3 amnestying brand and offering howard the kitchen sink. Get er done... God knows ive lost my passion for the nba after ai left philly, but if these new owners are bright i might catch a few games.
    "Girl was bout as nutty as squirel $h!t"- Uncle ruckas.

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast